Rengar - underpowered, borderline useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wiggas

09-21-2012

My 8-0 3v3 team just lost our first match against two somewhat useless opponents and one overpowered rengar, who, from level one, would take out around 1/3 of anyone on our team's health in one poke. 7-0 rengar within first 10 minutes versus a shen top who had to build thornmail and randuin's omen to nullify a slight bit of his damage.
In 5v5, I see only a few problems. Rengar fits his role decently; if anything he could be considered a little on the weak side when put in top lane. His jungling however is incredibly fast -- finishing both golem buffs before the enemy jungler even has time to start red in most cases.
Overall Rengar plays most of his roles to a maximum -- something every new overpowered champion seems to do, except they are nerfed quickly in response. Perhaps I will buy Rengar next to easily get my team in the top 10.

M8KER

11-15-2012

bump

SMFello

02-13-2013

I cant undetstand this, maybe im a lil noob, but i know i can burst to death almost any champion, stack mercs, frozen mallet, bt, ie, sword of divine and could be black cleaver, lw or ghostblade, it works on my lvls, maybe in high elo rengar just dont works, but i can 3 hit a lot if ppl, not claiming being pro, im noob, but i think rengar isnt as bad as you think

Oz SammyD X

02-14-2013

Rengar isnt useless, but he is Underpowered, his damage is laughable at how low it actually is, most damage you can get from him is his heal, why is a heal doing the most damage? Riot logic...

He certainly needs a buff, better damage scaling, better armor and mr scaling, also for the love of god fix his Q its useless only good for jungling, E does more damage than Q which is another thing thats laughable....

3mptylord

02-14-2013

On release he was an assassin - and did a good job of it. If they'd give him back his old damage with his current ultimate, I think he'd be fine.

At the moment, though, the only place I've seen him play well is as an assassin-support. Pet kitty for your carry.

alfavhunter

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
On release he was an assassin - and did a good job of it. If they'd give him back his old damage with his current ultimate, I think he'd be fine.

At the moment, though, the only place I've seen him play well is as an assassin-support. Pet kitty for your carry.
agreed as rengar i feel im just the icing on a cake, the person that helps secure a kill, when other similar champions ARE the cake, and they MAKE the kill happen, not being the assistant, but the reason it happened

Mage Lord Nelber

05-04-2013

His passive needs to deal additional damage starting at 50 + 15 physical per level when jumping at an enemy out of a bush or ulti imo

Bl00dyH3ll1

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage Lord Nelber View Post
His passive needs to deal additional damage starting at 50 + 15 physical per level when jumping at an enemy out of a bush or ulti imo
lol that would make his early game even more "op", and Riot said that they would be nerfing his ealry game to buff his late game.

RaptoRGmo7

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyH3ll1 View Post
lol that would make his early game even more "op", and Riot said that they would be nerfing his ealry game to buff his late game.
low scale in early high scale in late

Maxxiseek

05-21-2013

Build armor penetration on rengar.
Assassinate the squishies during teamfights (AP carry, AD carry).

Ive tried tanky rengar but it's very useless in teamfights.
You'll have to build him pure assassin, armor pen and attack damage.

I still love playing him in ranked lol