Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Omg are they kidding with rengar? Why not just give him a instant kill all r so op!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seprest

08-21-2012

I must say that Rengar is tearing stuff up hardcore on Twisted Treeline, it is rather unacceptable that his passive have no CD.

Shottymaster

08-21-2012

At first I thought Yoona made this thread.

iRukia

Recruiter

08-21-2012

Omg I'm soooo lame that I didn't bother to read his skills and watch the showcase so I continued to fail ingame and didn't avoid hugging the bushes. When I lost and since everyone can post what ever they want on the forums I decided to make a thread about Rengar being op cause us kids roll like that.

Dude gtfo out of LoL community you kids are RUINING it. First it was Zyra then Diana and now Rengar?? When will you learn to use your brains for once and come up with a tactic for your lane huh? I know players like you, they play solo top and get ganked from the river bush but they don't buy a ward for it and they continue getting ganked. They play mid and over extend, get ganked and still don't buy a WARD. Rengar's kit mostly moves around his brush ambushes but since you're not smart you still face check or hug the brushes in your lane. Just really, gtfo

Humanshortcut

08-22-2012

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
Hes OP. His range on his passive and the fact it has no CD is ridiculous. Its a passive it shouldnt be better than most ppl's skills. Also I thought they said stealth was anti-fun but they have a champ that enters un detectable stealth for longer than twitch? He Scales better than AD carrys and has better CC and has no cost for his abilities. He is inately tanky and has good escape with a ranged slow and an ability granting him more MR and Armor than having double Aegis. Only kennen has an ability that good and he has much less HP and armor/MR. This guy is no doubt OP. I have played against only 1 and we won that game. But he was not the reason he lived through fights and came out of nowhere from the jungle.

At least darius has no escape, Rengar can range slow or stealth. Jayce falls off late game, Rengar has an armor pen item and sacels +1AD on skills that cost nothing. Zyra is squishy as all balls and is not great if she has no seeds. Diana is also very squishy and her moonbeam thing can be dodged.

TLDR
Noc ult - as a passive
Scales better than carry's
a 70% slow after a 1s root that cant be dodged
An AOE dmg soaking ability that deals 200 dmg/and or heals him
Oh and a BF sword with armor pen and CD at least
Thats not OP?

Amazing, he is a pubstomper. Ward and you'll be fine. His passive is predictable and clunky, his ult is lackluster and his kit feels off: you run out using ult at full ferocity, use your combo then do nothing but follow for 4 seconds. You know what??? NO. I will not go into it. He is a pubstomper and will continue to do so much like Talon did until your nervous system catches up and learns how to watch a spotlight. I'm done, I agree with The Misspwnage, gtfo this game and go play the mindless COD games.

Mayau

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
AlphariusRising:
1. When not near brush he has no passive
2. With Oracle's he has no ult.
3. His Q and autoattacks are his only real source of damage, his Bolas and battle roar do only a small amount of damage on a high cooldown. and he's all physical save for the very small magic damage on his roar, meaning he is countered by the same thing all other physical damage dealers are: Armor. try building some.
4. Very low innate tankiness, low base stats. His base health, base attack damage, base health regen, scaling health, and scaling attack damage are all lower than Taric. Taric, you know, the support?
5. The base damage on his Q is pretty low, if he doesn't build lots of AD it's only worth it for the attack speed buff.
6. He's a melee. He has to jump into a fight to do anything, and thus he is, like all bruisers, countered by any form of CC. Exhaust him and he disappears in a teamfight. Without a brush he doesn't even have a gap closer, so he has to walk all the way up to you, or ult, in which case we already discussed, oracles and he doesn't have an ult.

That's 2 more than you asked for.

this dude said it all ^

Kreyni

08-22-2012

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
His range on his passive and the fact it has no CD is ridiculous.

Why are you fighting Rengar in the bushes so he can continuously use his passive?

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
Its a passive it shouldnt be better than most ppl's skills.

It's not that good. I'd prefer Karthus' passive much more. Riven's passive is a lot stronger than Rengar's.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
Also I thought they said stealth was anti-fun but they have a champ that enters un detectable stealth for longer than twitch?

Can be detected by Oracles. It's 7 seconds. It stays the same at all 3 levels. Twitch's maxes out at 8 seconds.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
He Scales better than AD carrys and has better CC and has no cost for his abilities.

I guarantee you that a glass cannon ranged AD carry will be doing more damage than a bruiser in a teamfight. No, he does not scale better. He does not have as much late-game damage compared to Tristana or Kog'Maw. He has to build tanky to not blow up instantly.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
He is inately tanky and has good escape with a ranged slow and an ability granting him more MR and Armor than having double Aegis. Only kennen has an ability that good and he has much less HP and armor/MR.

Are we really going to play the Armor/MR steroid game?
Rengar: 60/60 Armor/MR.
Galio: 90/90 Armor/MR to any ally or himself.
Rammus: 120/120 Armor/MR
Need I go on?

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
This guy is no doubt OP. I have played against only 1 and we won that game. But he was not the reason he lived through fights and came out of nowhere from the jungle.

If I was able to counter all your previous arguments so easily, evidently you do not know enough about Rengar to back this point up. Anyone can come out of nowhere. Tanky DPS would be terribly bad if they didn't live through fights. My Lee Sin or Udyr can do the same. Questions?

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
At least darius has no escape, Rengar can range slow or stealth. Jayce falls off late game, Rengar has an armor pen item and sacels +1AD on skills that cost nothing. Zyra is squishy as all balls and is not great if she has no seeds. Diana is also very squishy and her moonbeam thing can be dodged.

Rengar is not great if he's not near the bush, losing his element of surprise and being susceptible to kites. Rengar's Q can be dodged. Rengar's W can be dodged. Heck, his R can be dodged if you know he's going to cast it.Thus, Rengar is just as weak as Diana and Zyra, both of which are very weak, right?

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
TLDR
Noc ult - as a passive

Because Noc's ult can only be cast from bushes and has 600 range. It's like a very nerfed Nocturne ultimate.
How about this? Evelynn has Rengar's ultimate as a passive. Hm?

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
Scales better than carry's

Already addressed.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
a 70% slow after a 1s root that cant be dodged

He gives up his empowered auto-attack refresh that scales 150% with AD for this, so he can't follow up on the Snare.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
An AOE dmg soaking ability that deals 200 dmg/and or heals him

Since when is 200 impressive? I guess Karthus' Q is better as it deals more and has a long range, avoiding damage is better than damage mitigation.

Quote:
Sam Is Whoa:
Oh and a BF sword with armor pen and CD at least
Thats not OP?

What does this even mean.

Wordbrah

08-22-2012

Wow this guy ridiculously op.. no cooldown on jungle jump huh? Let me gank nonstop.

Szerano

08-22-2012

I logged in to tell you how to beat him easily, But now that I think about it people will learn the counters for him eventually, He's actually one of the weakest releases I've seen out of riot in a long time.

Artifictional

08-22-2012

Is this the weekly "The New Champ Is So OP Nerf Now Riot Pls" thread?
Stop making noobs look bad. It took me about 3 matches to learn to play against rengar, instead of crying, try practicing

Dont ban Zach

08-22-2012

Rengar isn't OP. People say this to every new champion. He's really squishy and has low health and I've easily taken him down. Yes he does damage but he's super squishy.