My little story of trying to get out of "ELO 'Hell'".

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingDedede16

08-21-2012

I for one, don't really think it exists, but whether you do or not isn't what matters.

When I first started ranked, I was really bad. Very bad. Really, REALLY bad. I thought I was ready, but turned out I wasn't. At that time I believed in ELO Hell, that I was actually good but I was stuck with bad teams. Everyone I know who is much higher than me has constantly said I wasn't carrying my team hard enough. I just kinda tossed that statement aside and kept trying, but I kept failing.

So I stopped doing Ranked. I went back to playing regular PvP matches. Slowly but surely, I bettered myself, and found that there is one particular lane I was best at, and that was Mid lane. I could play almost any champ and do very well.

But that wasn't enough, I wanted to pick ONE champ and try to be the best I can be. I ended up getting a decent champ in all roles, just incase I didn't end up mid in ranked, with enough practice.

So I do very well with Brand, so I decided to do a Ranked game with him. I won! I didn't do as well as I hoped, but it was a win nonetheless, and I kept my Kills higher than Deaths. Slowly but surely, I have been using champs I'm best at on a regular basis, and then using them in Ranked. What used to be a 3-11 win/loss score is now 11-13. Its still below, but I can get higher.

So practice hard, think positive, and don't give up. Play your best champs, never try out champs you don't know how to play, and don't practice champs that usually get banned. I suggest trying to get great with a carry role, but if you're better in another, props to you and I wish you the best of luck.

Those are my 2 cents.

Latterus14

08-21-2012

So you've played 24 ranked games and think you got it figured out huh? Ha... play about 200 more and talk to me. I have gotten so much better than when I started. I win lane almost always. Elo stays the same cuz I can't win all lanes. Team feeds snowball champs and gg or throws on critical plays because they can't focus

debugginOut

08-21-2012

While I applaud your wanting to better your game, you are part of the problem in low elo ranked. Well not you specifically, but people who can only play one position. I find those to be the people who either get owned when they don't get their spot and have to play somewhere else, or even worse troll from the beginning.

I was in a game last night with 3 tops (yup you read right). The adc and I just sat bottom and /facepalmed while we had no mid and no jungle. After 5 minutes two people went afk and left for a quick 3v5 20 min surrender further plunging me into low elo hell.

Low elo matches always seem to be determined in the 1st 10 min. At that point, one team gets the advantage and the other team just falls apart and starts the blame game.

So yes, low elo hell is a very real thing. The only hope I have left is that school is starting back up and all the little kiddies who go back to school will once again have a bed time and I won't have to play with them. That or their absentee parents will actually show some interest in their kids and see the problem (yeah right).

KingDedede16

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latterus14 View Post
So you've played 24 ranked games and think you got it figured out huh? Ha... play about 200 more and talk to me. I have gotten so much better than when I started. I win lane almost always. Elo stays the same cuz I can't win all lanes. Team feeds snowball champs and gg or throws on critical plays because they can't focus
Not everything figured out, but an idea. If my ELO were to stay generally the same, I doubt playing 200 more games of Ranked would make more of a difference, unless I did really well.

KingDedede16

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugginOut View Post
While I applaud your wanting to better your game, you are part of the problem in low elo ranked. Well not you specifically, but people who can only play one position. I find those to be the people who either get owned when they don't get their spot and have to play somewhere else, or even worse troll from the beginning.

I was in a game last night with 3 tops (yup you read right). The adc and I just sat bottom and /facepalmed while we had no mid and no jungle. After 5 minutes two people went afk and left for a quick 3v5 20 min surrender further plunging me into low elo hell.

Low elo matches always seem to be determined in the 1st 10 min. At that point, one team gets the advantage and the other team just falls apart and starts the blame game.

So yes, low elo hell is a very real thing. The only hope I have left is that school is starting back up and all the little kiddies who go back to school will once again have a bed time and I won't have to play with them. That or their absentee parents will actually show some interest in their kids and see the problem (yeah right).
But I CAN do a role other than mid, if you reread my first post. Mid is just my best.

Rillain

08-28-2012

I've gotten WORSE from not trying as hard and my elo jumped up by 200. Yeah I don't even take ranked seriously anymore...