Rengar, the Pridestalker, Now Available!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cho Lo King

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUSTARIII View Post
I will continue to play with Rengar to see if i can improve on his build/try new things but i hope he isn't a flop like Draven
Well...I don't think that Draven is even close to being "flop", but anyways.

About Rengar, I bought him for the same reasons most of us had: cool design(not human), interesting tactics/gameplay, the bush jump, etc.

At first, I was so disappointed because his ability damage is low and very item reliant and I wasn't even sure if that champ should be in the "assassin" category.
Jungling with him is slow, really slow.

I sticked with him for several games ( I already bought it, **** me, right?) and I started to get used to his lane gamelay, he is very good at top/bot and if you play cautiously, and level up his Q 1st you can get pretty good early kills.
I still think that he isn't a good assassin, nor a damage burster, but it's a very fun champion to play if you not rush with him thinking that you will 1shot anything.

In builds, I must say just get 1 defensive item(Raunduin's or FM) , Rengar needs that extra AD from items (BloodT, Infinity, BlackC etc)
In runes I go AD, Armor, and MRes, Quints are AD also.

But I think that he needs a little buff in the base damage of his abilities.

AlchemistRa1n

08-24-2012

I've played around 20 games on Rengar now, and 5 bot matches. I'm at about a 60% win ratio. I've noticed that when you either ult, or jump from the bushes, he kind of stops, instead of sticking to the champ you attack. When this happens, you waste his power up Q because you jump out at a champ, and they simply run away. It can be very confusing when in the frey of the fight. Instead of landing two Q hits you end up with them running or you get focused as you just jumped over the enemy team to grab their carry without putting a scratch on him. The only time Rengar does noticeable damage is when his Q is powered up and you hit it twice in a row. I compare this to Mordekaiser's E. The difference is Morde can spam his E almost every 4 seconds at multiple enemeis, where it takes Rengar 5 stacks, and he has to get up close and personal. All while he is about as squishy as Talon, but without an escape. He's too reliant on damage items to be able to focus on defensive items without taking a noticeable hit in the damage department. You will see this more when fighting any champ that has one decent health item.

banners

08-24-2012

they should make a xenomorph skin for chogath

XsirXpsychoXsexy

08-25-2012

rengar is the worst champ ive ever seen....looks cool but thats about it....

Boeroc

08-26-2012

Looks great, that's all. If you think he's op then you don't get it. He's so dependant on that early game feed, that if you fed him that much it could have been any chr and at that point they face stomp you. Heres a poll Im not alone in saying he isn't even balanced at best.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ht=rengar+poll

Chemicalnovah

08-27-2012

Sooo played by first game vs rengar.... at lvl 2 he took my tower down to 1/3rd health. just in the time to recall and back. All we both had was boots and pots. Seems pretty op to me.

and not to mention he sliced through groups of 3 of my team at lvl 6 and would live. his lane farm was lower then most other lanes, yet his was still chopping every member of my team. his end score was 25/5

Maddesz

08-27-2012

Great champion, if he get a tiger skin I will insta buy it!

Evans Scaletta

08-27-2012

Good

ALEXKOND

08-29-2012

So in the end is a good champion or a bad one? Lots of people complains a lot about being weak while others says he is great. Anyone could help?

Cho Lo King

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXKOND View Post
So in the end is a good champion or a bad one? Lots of people complains a lot about being weak while others says he is great. Anyone could help?
Well, just read my comment (and many others) at top of this page.

I would say, he's a good champion, just because his gameplay is fun and if you get used to it, you will do great (at least I'm doing it in top/bot lanes), but don't expect him to be OP in fact probably his Q needs a lil buff in the base damage.