Doran's Item Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS117f6e4123729a7ddc94f

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Hey, how about adding a stacking passive to Doran's items?

For example, 1 Doran's Ring simply gives the stats, 2 Doran's ring gives the stats and some magic pen, 3 Doran's rings adds on some cooldown reduction.

That way, you have a real tradeoff of Doran's items. When is it best to collect more versus simply going for the needlessly large rod?

This slows down the snowbally-ness of early game, and could offer real alternatives if implemented well.

Iney

08-21-2012

I don't like "stacking Dorans" tactic. Sure you cant build from them, but they give you advantage in early game (its not hard to counter but still) where you can farm/kill/survive more efficient. My opinion is absolutely opposite - make them less usefull with each same item: less hp/AP/AD/AR per item.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

There already IS a serious tradeoff for stacking Doran's. You either get a great early-game boost for cheap, risking your late game, or you buy the other items, have a weaker early game, but scale better late game.

Nothing needs to be done to Doran's items.

Certified

08-21-2012

If anything, I'd like to see Doran's items become slightly LESS effective to stack...
They give you a HUGE early game advantage, sure, you're sacrficing late game, but i'd like to see the balance shifted ever-so-slightly in favour of spending for late game, rather than securing an early-game advantage at the risk of late-game...

To do this, I'd like to see a portion of the HP from Doran's Ring become Unique...
EG: going from:

Doran's Ring
+80 Health +15 Ability Power +5 Mana Regen per 5 seconds

to:

Doran's Ring
+60 Health +15 Ability Power +5 Mana Regen per 5 seconds, UNIQUE PASSIVE: +20 Health

So instead of buying 2 Doran's Rings and getting 160 HP, you would buy 2 Doran's Rings and get 140 HP (60 per ring, 20 unique passive)
Just my 2 cents