Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doran's Item Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS117f6e4123729a7ddc94f

08-21-2012

Hey, how about adding a stacking passive to Doran's items?

For example, 1 Doran's Ring simply gives the stats, 2 Doran's ring gives the stats and some magic pen, 3 Doran's rings adds on some cooldown reduction.

That way, you have a real tradeoff of Doran's items. When is it best to collect more versus simply going for the needlessly large rod?

This slows down the snowbally-ness of early game, and could offer real alternatives if implemented well.

Iney

08-21-2012

I don't like "stacking Dorans" tactic. Sure you cant build from them, but they give you advantage in early game (its not hard to counter but still) where you can farm/kill/survive more efficient. My opinion is absolutely opposite - make them less usefull with each same item: less hp/AP/AD/AR per item.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

08-21-2012

There already IS a serious tradeoff for stacking Doran's. You either get a great early-game boost for cheap, risking your late game, or you buy the other items, have a weaker early game, but scale better late game.

Nothing needs to be done to Doran's items.

Certified

08-21-2012

If anything, I'd like to see Doran's items become slightly LESS effective to stack...
They give you a HUGE early game advantage, sure, you're sacrficing late game, but i'd like to see the balance shifted ever-so-slightly in favour of spending for late game, rather than securing an early-game advantage at the risk of late-game...

To do this, I'd like to see a portion of the HP from Doran's Ring become Unique...
EG: going from:

Doran's Ring
+80 Health +15 Ability Power +5 Mana Regen per 5 seconds

to:

Doran's Ring
+60 Health +15 Ability Power +5 Mana Regen per 5 seconds, UNIQUE PASSIVE: +20 Health

So instead of buying 2 Doran's Rings and getting 160 HP, you would buy 2 Doran's Rings and get 140 HP (60 per ring, 20 unique passive)
Just my 2 cents