call > pick in normal games now ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slithy

08-18-2012

Sorry about my English. This has happened to me so many games. When I picked an obvious mid toon like Cassiopeia with ignite and flash, then 5 seconds later a guy who hasn't pick anything just said "mid" then claimed that he deserved to be mid since I didn't call for it. I don't know if I should be calling first. Calling > picking does make sense in rank, but in normal really ? ( I always just pick, not insta lock though).

Nen Ragehard

08-18-2012

The only obvious picks are supports and junglers (smite). In blind normals, potentially anything goes and making any assumptions is probably a really bad idea.

So, if you're picking top, adc bot or mid, those are the roles you should call out as a courtesy to avoid confusion. That said, you're going to have the occasional instant lock-in 4 adc games... which you can either dodge or play and hope for the best.

Kensai07

08-19-2012

It's not "confusion" it's people not paying attention to what has been picked before calling their lane/role.

I kinda feel iffy about it. I'll generally call as I pick, and if someone grabs the same at either the same time or slightly after I will mention what other roles I am willing to play. If I'm not really interested in playing any other role I will state that and we can either go with a suboptimal setup or whatever, they are blind normals it isn't that critical in my mind.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-19-2012

If you really want to try something crazy, you can start picking later so that way all the insta-lock children can get their role/position, and then you can fill in what's left.

EzraTwitch

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
If you really want to try something crazy, you can start picking later so that way all the insta-lock children can get their role/position, and then you can fill in what's left.

Good way to lose a lot of games, since you will mostly be playing a support doing your best to support a terrible ADC that will negatively snowball your lane by making boneheaded moves and condemn you to late game uselessness. (Other than being a ward pouch of course.)

Directw

08-19-2012

Although most players agrees with the current meta and play alone with it.
(Top bruiser, Mid apc, Bottom adc+support, and one jungler)

But there are some players, especially the new players, don't want to play alone with the current meta.
To avoid such conflict, I suggest to call out the position you want to be as early as possible. At least that is what I always do.

BK Ambientz

08-20-2012

To be honest, atleast half the population here in normals is honestly, retarded. Don't expect much more at all

Jesot

08-21-2012

Oh man. That chaps my hide. The other day I was at team select. Someone picked Lee Sin and called bot. Well, then someone picked an ADC. All roles except support were files, so I picked Taric. At this point it's obvious that Lee goes top, but he refused and insisted that I go top... I left the game 30s in.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraTwitch View Post
Good way to lose a lot of games, since you will mostly be playing a support doing your best to support a terrible ADC that will negatively snowball your lane by making boneheaded moves and condemn you to late game uselessness. (Other than being a ward pouch of course.)
Actually, if you have balls of steel you can compensate for that. Bot is a pure wiener measuring contest. If you establish that you're the alpha dog in lane early, you can bluff the enemy pair into backing off. Sure, if they call your bluff you're screwed, but if you can control their minds they'll be too intimidated to realize you're oom and totally faking it (true story).

Jesot

08-21-2012

I do that all the time. I will sit in the furthest bush as long as I have river and tri warded. I'll make sure the ADC knows I'm there and I can often zone them, allowing my carry to farm freely.