Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

System Notifications Don't Interrupt Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odincore

09-15-2010

Mac users on a laptop might need to know when their battery is running low! I just got booted from a game because I didn't realize my cable had come unplugged and my battery went dead while I was in the middle of a team fight.

At the very least, the low battery system notification should interrupt the client so you don't get screwed by a loose wire or a session that goes longer than anticipated.

Deathkníght

09-15-2010

Some may disagree.

Being interrupted by a system update would cause some to go into a frantic rage if their window minimized during a gank window opportunity.

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-15-2010

I have to agree with Deathknight. This and other games are very battery intensive on a Macbook. Make sure your magsafe is secure before you begin playing and don't jar it. You need it to be there in order to finish a long game, anyway. Auto-update is responsible for a couple of my losses on the Windows client and I do not want to go into any situations when a pop up screws my game in the Mac version.

If you are not new to Mac, you can write a script to do what you suggest....keep it on your end and keep the client clean of code that would interrupt the overall game.

Note: I didn't downvote because it may be a valid concern to you that I just don't agree with.

Odincore

09-15-2010

You should probably have an option to pick between the two, but to stay consistent with the PC version, I would expect system interrupts to be allowed.