System Notifications Don't Interrupt Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odincore

09-15-2010

Mac users on a laptop might need to know when their battery is running low! I just got booted from a game because I didn't realize my cable had come unplugged and my battery went dead while I was in the middle of a team fight.

At the very least, the low battery system notification should interrupt the client so you don't get screwed by a loose wire or a session that goes longer than anticipated.

Deathkníght

09-15-2010

Some may disagree.

Being interrupted by a system update would cause some to go into a frantic rage if their window minimized during a gank window opportunity.

xKoBiEx

09-15-2010

I have to agree with Deathknight. This and other games are very battery intensive on a Macbook. Make sure your magsafe is secure before you begin playing and don't jar it. You need it to be there in order to finish a long game, anyway. Auto-update is responsible for a couple of my losses on the Windows client and I do not want to go into any situations when a pop up screws my game in the Mac version.

If you are not new to Mac, you can write a script to do what you suggest....keep it on your end and keep the client clean of code that would interrupt the overall game.

Note: I didn't downvote because it may be a valid concern to you that I just don't agree with.

Odincore

09-15-2010

You should probably have an option to pick between the two, but to stay consistent with the PC version, I would expect system interrupts to be allowed.