[Champion Concept] - Legion, the Lone Survivor (ADC)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monstarach

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
E: So if I read this right, you throw his spear, if it hits the first time you can throw again for an armor reducing debuff? This may seem weird but wouldn't you want the armor debuff for the first hit? Would be better if you switch the first and second hits on this, so the first hit deals less damage but reduces armor, second hit deals more damage.
I think if the first hit was normal, but then no second hit, for so many seconds if you auto attack them, then you can say he "pull out" his spear, breaking some of their armor for so many seconds. That seems to make more sense to me...

Imperium Omnium

01-19-2013

Them again his lore and everything else would suggest other wise. Also since you asked for constructive criticism (my opinion) I don't think a javelin would be fitting, but again that's just me.

DryRun

01-19-2013

Monstarach

Quote:
I think if the first hit was normal, but then no second hit, for so many seconds if you auto attack them, then you can say he "pull out" his spear, breaking some of their armor for so many seconds. That seems to make more sense to me...
That was the old throw a spear, if it lands throw another, that ability has since been switched to a skill shot with a line drag like viktor. so your idea was a good one, but the ability is different now.
Thanks for the input!

Monstarach

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
Monstarach

That was the old throw a spear, if it lands throw another, that ability has since been switched to a skill shot with a line drag like viktor. so your idea was a good one, but the ability is different now.
Thanks for the input!
Lol, totally sorry about that, I skimmed through the design cuz it sounded a lot like
Pantheon, then checked with the comments after your post to get a better idea... The new ability is 10x better than the original lol, or even mine...

DryRun

01-19-2013

Monstarach

Thanks, i hope you like the rest of the champion. Personally i really like the Q, where you impale people who are charging you. I think it would be super fun in game, not only as a defensive spell, but using it in brush ambushes and all other kinds of creative uses. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Legion.

DryRun

01-19-2013

GLADEBLADER

Quote:
No problem buddy but I doubt that this legion idea would stem out of a biblical passage, and what not i think it's safe to say that he's a ranged ADC (he carries a widow around). And I can't imagine (could be wrong) that you took him out of Ghost Rider or Green Lantern. That being said where did you get your inspiration from?
You are correct in that the inspiration didnt come from the biblical passage, in fact i started with a roman legionnaire, of the plumbatari (spelling) sort. Once i had the rough idea, the lore was more interesting this way, and once you have multiple people infesting one body, it screams biblical Legion, so that is where it came from.

Quote:
Them again his lore and everything else would suggest other wise. Also since you asked for constructive criticism (my opinion) I don't think a javelin would be fitting, but again that's just me.
Yeah i have been using the term javelin interchangeably with the word pilum, which is the throwing spear of the Legionnaire.

So you see how it comes together? He is based of a Roman Legionnaire, and he is the collective will of an entire civilization, in line with biblical Legion. That was kinda my idea with him.

Monstarach

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRun View Post
Monstarach

Thanks, i hope you like the rest of the champion. Personally i really like the Q, where you impale people who are charging you. I think it would be super fun in game, not only as a defensive spell, but using it in brush ambushes and all other kinds of creative uses. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Legion.
I do like that idea, but I think from the way you phrased it, it sounds like you are giving it a passive. I don't think you were trying to do it that way, but you might have been??
Possibly like a directional cast rather than the way he was facing?

Personally, I like the passive attached to Legions Last defense, and the description it has

Also, this is a completely shameless plug here, I recently came up with a champion myself, yet no one is giving me feedback, would you mind looking at it for me (Oraan, the Shark Hunter)

iCarry NA

01-19-2013

A champion like Legion would make great use out of aggressive supports (i.e. Blitz, Leona, Thresh.), I think he could make Nautilus a worth while support as well. would be perfect with the new champion Thresh, art and skill set wise. So many combos/jukes/tricks possible with this skill set, brilliant. I would give you a larger review but i'm currently typing up a massive essay for class, so give me some time.

DryRun

01-19-2013

howlor

Thanks for stopping by. Im glad you recognized that, he is for sure ment to be paired with aggressive supports, in a lot of ways i think he is similar to graves in play style. Just in that he benefits from being up close. Imagine blitz pulling someone into legions shiltron? awesome synergy. I didnt even think of thresh when he came out, but yeah they would awesome together for sure. Abilities, having him pull you forward into stun range, god damn! and they are both rotting old ghosties. Very cool.
Anyways, good luck with the essay, im looking forward to the review, im always open to thoughts and criticism, anything that will help the creation and the creation process.

NobSaiboot

02-24-2013

First off, quote of the thread right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
The bible has inspired awesome stories since.... well, since the bible.
Wise words to all looking for a base for their lore.

Well then let's see what we got shall we?

-Passive- Very effective for an AD Carry but only when your abilities are on CD. Which is perfectly fine because most of his abilities are steroids which means he won't be interupting his DPS with constant activations of abilities.

-Q- Interesting but I would be careful with the Movement Speed scaling because that can break your ability one way or another (Either completely useless to burst caster who don't get up close or incredibly overpowered to AD Master Yi or AD Sion who have to have a big handful of movement speed in order to start DPS.

-W- Works well. Ad carry's don't absolutely need gap-closers because they don't have to get up close. (I'm talking to SilentSide here.)

-E- This is a pretty good ability does a decent amount of damage, scales well and it's pretty creative too. Well done here.

-R- This screams "Teamfight Presense". One could even build him tanky and be the initiator. Very nice job here.

All in all, this is a very well designed champion. Great job on him. Also if I could suggest a skin to add to this concept, someone mentioned Legion from Mass Effect so why not try Battlecast Legion or Eternum Legion? It would work well imo. :P