I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsunami Chaser

01-27-2013

Will you play with me, I would be really happy! )

Andres X

01-27-2013

Any reworks on Warwick?

WordsIs9

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Burst mages burst you from 600+ range, all within the span of about a second.
^Should have bolded that line. It isn't just the damage that makes burst mages problematic. It's the effective range and speed at which they can apply said damage. Riven has to close with you to kill you and her combo takes a good amount of time to execute. Characters like Annie and Veigar do not have either of those downsides. With Riven, Kha, and Darius, you oftentimes get to "see it coming," and even if you don't their aggression will at least still place them in a position that is significantly less safe.

Will answer more questions later. Need to go eat...then sleep...

Hmm, may have to post this again later, but...

I love Vi. This is the second time that I've started to leave LoL only to be sucked back in by a new champion - Ahri was the last one.

I've been maining Vi (jungle ftw) at the 15xx-1600 range. I was wondering if you have any advice for how to play her.

I've generally been clearing till 3 + red buff, sometimes waiting till 4 and then ganking. I've noticed that pre-6 ganks are pretty tough to pull off in general. I also tend to take the second blue buff unless mid really needs it.

As for items: I read your post about ideal builds, and the fact that she can be built in multiple ways. I generally take advantage of that, but with a core of bruta+phage+ spirit stone (usually into lizard elder).

I know the above information doesn't give a good picture of my weaknesses as a player, but can be difficult to do that via a forum post. I welcome any advice, and thanks for a great champion!

Super Explosion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Burst mages burst you from 600+ range, all within the span of about a second.
^Should have bolded that line. It isn't just the damage that makes burst mages problematic. It's the effective range and speed at which they can apply said damage. Riven has to close with you to kill you and her combo takes a good amount of time to execute. Characters like Annie and Veigar do not have either of those downsides. With Riven, Kha, and Darius, you oftentimes get to "see it coming," and even if you don't their aggression will at least still place them in a position that is significantly less safe.

Will answer more questions later. Need to go eat...then sleep...
What you're not understanding is that it doesn't matter.

Kha'Zix has a 900 range leap and if he's "fed" that means you die.

As "Unseen Threat" might imply, he can do this from where you can't see him. Like in stealth.

Riven has oodles of gapclosing, CC, and a 900 range AoE execute.

As you might guess, stealth, shields, and dashes are also good ways to get out of "less safe" places.
Especially if they reset on the corpse of your victim.

The best part? These are AD champions. If they're "fed", they don't even need their ults to BLAM you.

Annie and Brand have so little mobility and non-ability damage that they usually have to wait for Flash and Ult to kill someone. Even when thousands of gold ahead.

So okay, to illustrate, here's Chaox playing Vi for his marathon:

http://www.twitch.tv/tsm_chaox/c/1808367

Just examine what happens to that lane, and compare to Annie.

You may see that when a champion has 700+ range gapclosers that can also function as easy escapes with tons of burst in addition, well, you'll see.

Edit: And that doesn't even mention what Caitlyn does to you if she gets ahead in lane.
This is a lane snowballing problem, pretty much not specifically a burst mage problem.

Examining Season 1, where Annie was very famously picked in tournaments by Reginald, might help to get a sense of the counterplay.

I'm quite aware of the point you are trying to make: but you have to put it in perspective with the gamestate itself.

Counterplay exists to a 600 range nuke, real mechanical skill-based methods for mitigating the effect.
Counterplay exists to a low-mobility squishy mage like Annie, real teamwork effects.

Darius actually has tons less counterplay than Annie because his ult is a targeted "you die" that ignores resists, and all the CC to make sure he usually gets to use it.

Annie can be zoned by a Tank. Darius almost always cannot.

Iateurcookie

01-27-2013

do u like cats?

chiroxam

01-27-2013

Do you lift?

Mokkun

01-27-2013

What do you think of people using Thresh as either an AD (doing magic burst off his Q passive) or on-hit builds?
Do you think that needs to die like Lulu non-support did, or is this ok?

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-27-2013

Me.
You.
Prom.

Crs Mischief

01-27-2013

Hi Gypsylord, and congratz on making it into the Riot Family!

I've always been big into lore in games I've played like WoW and LOTR. I'm a sucker for some good lore in League as well. From what I understand, Lee Sin has a sister. Do you know of any plans to implement her as a female fighter in the form of a monk, like her brother? I'd love to see another martial arts champ. I'm sure there is a lot you could do with her if you didn't make her blind !

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

01-27-2013

hmm sneek peek on your champ ?

Anyway what kind of champs will you primarily focus on design ?
Why teemo..?