I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DementedLord

11-26-2012

Are you as hyped for FE13 As I am?

Sedim

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
Wait Gypsylord, you're the man behind (endofyearchampion)?

<3
You people are such teases...

Xdragonale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Another idea Pet champion combined with the system behind kha zixs evolutionary powers.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-26-2012
58 of 65 Riot Posts

65 + 66:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtossiDontKnow View Post
How's life treatin' ya'?
Not bad. All I do is work but my work is pretty freaking awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
gypsy, is she the same Heroic Female that Ironstylus was working on? This would be such an amazing combination of talents!
Nope, Parrot is working with Volty on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerricka View Post
Thoughts on poppy? (Her top mostly.)
She can't lane but if she ever gets to late game she becomes an unstoppable monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadioGiant View Post
How do you feel about Renekton? His late game is rather terrible in comparison to many other tops that are much more threatening than he is. His passive is also somewhat lackluster. Id also love for his W and his E to not be clunky and his Q not to have a really low heal cap on it. I play him constantly and love every minute of it but I can't help feel that he is suffering from the blatant power creep.

Why play him when you can play Darius/Irelia/Jax/Jayce? They each fit the same role that Renekton does and are all very hard to deal with top, even moreso than Renekton is nowadays. Even some high elo Renekton players have agreed with me on this. Will you guys still refuse to touch him?
Look, I could be totally wrong, but I honestly don't think Renekton falls off nearly as hard as people say he does. He does 1500 magic damage in an AoE around him while stunning dudes and healing like a madman. You get ahead on croc and you just become this unstoppable killing machine. Would say the one major thing we could do to help him would be to remove his healing cap on champs while keeping it for minions (so it would work like Hecarim's W). Also maybe make it so he doesn't self stun for as long on his W. Otherwise though he's fine IMO. Certainly not lacking in damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invooke View Post
Did you have anything to do with the new champion, Nami?
She's a Classick champ. I was a strong proponent for her current R and E. Very glad we kept both of those things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Gypslord, could you at least reveal her archetype? I'm guess she's not a melee carry and is a fighter (since LoL seems to only make melee carries once every 3 years =p)
She's a tank jungler AP AD carry bruiser offtank support top lane mid bot pusher baron killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
Would you collaborate with the Parrot on a champion, or do you prefer Morello's dark ways?
Actually collaborating with him and TeaTime on a champ still in concepting. I've got a kit tumbling around in my head and they're creating some awesome visuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paqw View Post
have you ever played dota or dota2?
what do you think about it?
Played dota (all Riki all the time) and DotA 2 (PL #1). I think they're both good games. There's a reason DotA all-stars spawned an entire genre.

Hmmm how to describe DotA 2...Compared to LoL it feels 2X better when you're winning and 5X worse when you're losing. Very punishing game. In the end I like LoL more mainly because in DotA there's a lot of design decisions that were made that are supposedly supposed to add to "skill" but imo just detract from gameplay and add frustration. Examples include creep blocking, creep pulling (and the warding required to prevent it), and insanely long cast animations. That stuff just feels clunky as hell. I accepted those problems in DotA 1 because "that's how WC3 works," but I expected them to be removed in DotA 2. Was disappointed when they were not.

As a comparison point: Brood War had no worker rallies. SCV's would spawn and sit around until you told them to go mine. What if Blizzard had decided not to put worker rally points into SC2? That would have been a terrible choice IMO. Some would argue that it takes "skill" to remember to go back to your base every 15 seconds and tell your new SCV to start mining. I would argue it takes being a robot. Worker rallies removed one of the mundane boring parts of the game and gave players more mind space to focus on fun things that took real talent (like marine micro).

All that said, I still enjoy DotA and play it from time to time. The "playing as" experience is very very satisfying. Characters like AM, Riki, PL, and Weaver are crazy fun. Their items also rock. Like seriously. Those actives. So cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
It is true that Morello has a dark aura around him that shrivels plants and scares animals?
He's actually pretty smiley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacchius View Post
AWWW YISSS FIRE EMBLEM

Sacred Stones was really meh. Then Path of Radiance was great, and then Radiant Dawn was kinda Meh again. Have you played the latter 2? How do you think they measure up?
PoR was very well done, RD not so much, too long and with too many party switches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCap View Post
Dragon Master Swain? Insight?
Very cool concept. I'd wear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigeInuzuka View Post
Do you think there will ever be such a thing as a ranged tank amongst LoL champs?
Well we had Urgot and he was...problematic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorneo View Post
Thoughts on Taric? I play him a lot and I think he's slightly OP + Is his passive being looked at?
Taric has a ton of hidden power and at the same time is very easy to play. Strong support, but a boring champ overall I wish he had more to do in a fight. Passive is kinda lame, but it creates a bit of gameplay for him in lane which

Claw of Time

11-26-2012

oh god a teemo...

Tormented Soil

11-26-2012

Tibarn champion pls. Or Reyson for support.

I don't care as long as I can ship them ;o;

Zerglinator

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Passive is kinda lame, but it creates a bit of gameplay for him in lane which
Which...?

I NEED TO KNOW

FergusMacBolg

11-26-2012

Quote:
Taric has a ton of hidden power and at the same time is very easy to play. Strong support, but a boring champ overall I wish he had more to do in a fight. Passive is kinda lame, but it creates a bit of gameplay for him in lane which
That armor shred makes kills in lane stupidly easy. I really do think he's too good right now.

I also think the passive is freaking wonderful if he's played solo, which I've seen done with a surprising amount of success.. Sustain for days, burst when your jungler ganks for easy kills.

Solari Eclipse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
She's a tank jungler AP AD carry bruiser offtank support top lane mid bot pusher baron killer.
You're working on a female April Fool's Lee Sin?

Edit: Well, I suppose you were right. Vi does it all... with style.
Will you play with me sometime? :3

Fomorian27

11-26-2012

Before I knew about the inner workings of riot, I kind of assumed there was just one big team that worked on every individual champ, but have since learned that there is usually only one or two designers for a champ, but there are many many different designers. Do you really think this is the best way to do it? What if there's something another designer could've done to a champion that would've made him even more awesome? Additionally, sometimes particular people are given the task to complete a giant undertaking, like xyph with the s3 item remake, and guinsoo with the s2 jungle remake. Doesn't putting such a huge part of the game in the hands of one person mean that the game changes in one way when it could've gone another way in the hands of another designer? I'm not really concerned because the champs you've put out are all pretty awesome, though I've come to have certain expectations (this is is a xypherous champ, so he's going to be awesome). I'm just wondering what you guys think are the benefits of having just one designer per champion rather than some other system.