Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

11-20-2012

From what I could find left and right, is your legend any or all of those traits :

Obvious :
- Female
- Not Support
- Badass

Hinted
- Short-haired
- Melee
- Top lane-viable
- Mobile
- Not busty
- More armored than average
- Badass

Guesses
- Brown haired
- AD-centric with some slight AP scaling
- Badass

Might as well
- Named Quentin (there are no Q champs right now :/)
- Badass

Izzabelle

11-20-2012

Why do you like the concept character I made (Quinn) -- and why did Riot Iron Stylus figure you would like her?

Aragorn

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

-LOVE Fire Emblem

You have my sword.

AtomicFuzz

11-20-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

More badass girls (think Jack from ME2 or Starbuck). More women like Lux (cute, fun, and not about boobs). A badass yordle who does it right (not derpy like rumble or boring like Poppy). More yordles in general. Some kind of new race, not sure what but would be cool.

-More hextech weaponry, a weapon with a mind of it's own (possessed blade or something).

-Teemo skins that have him cosplaying as other champions are necessary for the longevity of LoL.

So I assume that "badass champion" that morello talked about coming out soon in the female champion attributes (or whatever it was) thread is your champion ?

YueTsukasa

11-20-2012

what do you think of Teemo's power change?
Dont nerf my main T_T

UberMagus

11-20-2012

Hey, so I here Alaska's population is so small you all know each other, so I was wondering if you knew Jeff Slaikeu.

Yoga Pants OP

11-20-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Hi,
I'm gypsylord, one of Riot's newest designers. I make champions.

So this is an "Ask Me ALMOST Anything" thread. I'm all about getting to know the community and I figured this would be a good way to do it. So yeah, let's chat.

If I skip your question it's either because A) I'm not the right person to answer it or B) I've already answered it in a previous post

-------------------------------------

Some things about me:

-I'm a champ designer. I work on champions. I don't work on things like servers, skins, or IP prices. As such I probably won't be able to give any real answers on such topics, it would just result in the propagation of false information.

-There are currently no champs in the game that I have designed. I'm working on my first one as we speak.

-I love LoL and played Ranked + normals non-stop in college. Wrote my final term paper on the F2P pricing scheme and filmed a 10 minute documentary on the new player experience during Senior Winter.

-Was 1800 - 1850 and rising when I graduated. Haven't had much time to focus on improving my game since then (too busy making my champ ).

-I main supports (Raka, Janna, Lulu, Sona, Taric, Zyra). Also play a TON of Tristana (bot) and Teemo (top). Noct, Shaco, and WW are my go-to junglers. If you force me to play mid (I suck at it) I'll try to grab Kass (provided the matchup wouldn't screw me).

-Used to be "almost" pro at TF2. Have 1400 hours in the game and mained scout/med for a team back when CAL was a thing.

-LOVE Fire Emblem

-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.

-I went to college at Dartmouth and graduated with a BA in Economics 2 months ago. Also studied Theater, Film, Chemistry, and Biology (was a pre-med freshman year).

-Started @ Riot right after graduation (it's weird being one of the "young people" again). Been here 2 months.

howmany bears have you slain?

67chrome

11-20-2012

Now that Ryze got that Pirate skin, he has more skins than Teemo. How does that make you feel?

Also, you should design a champion that uses nunchucks. Because nunchucks are awesome. And there is a painfully noticeable void of champions that utilize nunchucks in LoL.

Silly Season

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Would you be able to make Riot Volty talk to me? I'm doing a new series about champions and I believe getting words from their designers would be very cool. Once I get to your champions I'd like to do the same!

Marthμ

11-20-2012

Since you design champions is it possible I can chat with you? (add you on LoL)