I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thunderfrog

11-19-2012

Gypsy,

you missed me on page 51 =(

GypsyLord!

(Notice the caps on your "L". That is for respect!"

Question 1: You are playing AP Teemo. Do you build AS/On hit or true AP? I usually build Zerker Greaves, Malady, Haunting Guise, Nashors Tooth, sell my zerker greaves for Lucidity boots for 40% CDR, then build deathcap and void staff.

Question 2: Do you feel that a career with riot has a short-term lifespan? I am in no way condemning Riot as doomed to fail, but all games eventually end, and usually before a person has a 20 year career rife with retirement options fulfilled.

Granted, companies like Acclaim and Midway are different than a solo-focus company like Riot, but is the general mantra around the office to "ride this train till it explodes in a kaboom of glory" or to hedge bets and invest for the long long term?

I have a lot of knowledge in game design, having worked as a playtester and contributor for a lot of popular table top rpgs and games like warhammer and warma/hordes, but I fear trying to get vested with a young company making internet-dollars in a field with a fairly high turnover and only one real product.

Question 3: Fire Emblem + Super Smash Melee begs the question: Marth or Roy?

Question 4: You are a champion designer. Is your job more about balance, feel, and fairness or more about inputting the 1's and 0's and writing your projects code? (TLDR: Do you do everything with your champ or do you go to a techie and say "She needs more X on her R, make it happen.")

Comment 1: I agree with your assessment of Karma. The mantra is a perfect representation of what I expect out of a champ with her namesake. What heals harms, what helps hinders, and what gimps can grow. The key is balancing her Mantra to keep her theme viable and enjoyable. To what degree it needs remade is the true balancing factor.

Comment 2: I dislike Teemo's voice. His lore makes him read as a Yordle Rambo with a penchant for murder. His voice.. not so much. I expect a gruff smoker voice from Teemo. Not Bambi's friend Flower. Also.. Skunk Teemo plz

Arctic Bro

11-19-2012

NA Badger Teemo splash where?

Fongletto

11-19-2012

GYPSYLORD FUNFACT

Gypsylord prefers his plant summoner icon to showing off his diamond badge. I know, he told me.

Ruthless Sophie

11-19-2012

How do you feel about breasts? No really... When designing a champion how big of a factor is it?

Guede

11-19-2012

I've always wanted to poke in and say this, but been too hesitant for fear of backlash.

Are you Romani?... because a good chunk of us really detest the word "gypsy" when used by someone that isn't Romani... and its generally identified as an ethnic slur ( that blanket pejorative covers Sinti, Pavee, Romani, Romanichael, and Irish/scottish/welsh travellers) in the majority of europe and in some places in the U.S.

...just kinda saying... Don't wanna make waves...

Priestess Soraka

AetherNeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Gypsylord is a Fire Emblem fan?! Schweet, new favorite rioteer man!

As for the question, how excited are you for the new Fire Emblem with all of it's cool unique features, like the double system or the spotpass or the DLC or the marriage system (which is new here in the US)? Super excited here, practically have one character on my desktop and my cellphone background and my email background and everywheeeeere. It'd be nice to know a rioteer is also excited for the game!

Tempestphile

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
かわいい!
Are you Japanese?

Attachment 561368

LittleDi

11-20-2012

Alright... can't talk about it... how about we just infect your brain with it?

My Little Hecarim, Friendship is Murder skin?

Baconian Justice themed champions?

Your opinions please?

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Yeah I know it's frustrating, but we really do listen. There's just a ton of things to do. Live has to keep 100+ champions semi-relevant to our game on top of pushing out stuff like season 3. That's a big burden to carry.
So how about you make less champions and fix the current ones? This game has over 100 champions and its unrealistic to have this many and make them all somewhat "good". You just release new champs, let them become outpicked by newer and "stronger/more useful" new champions, then rework/fix within the next two years

How can League stay an awesome game if you guys can't deal with it being this huge? The game will just keep on having more and more champions and then there will just be more and more un-used champs

Championship got so boring now; its pretty much always the same champions that are picked during the finals