I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edzter

11-18-2012

teemo avatar...i hate you already

nothing personal

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
5. Don't know wheel gator.
Just my favorite Megaman X2 Maverick, a skin based on him for Renekton is my dream, something like Full-Metal Renekton.... Riot pls.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

11-18-2012

sooooo
any plans buffing teemo?
you know... make his shrooms global and such ^^

LiveSyndicatE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Hi,
I'm gypsylord, one of Riot's newest designers. I make champions.

So this is an "Ask Me ALMOST Anything" thread. I'm all about getting to know the community and I figured this would be a good way to do it. So yeah, let's chat.

If I skip your question it's either because A) I'm not the right person to answer it or B) I've already answered it in a previous post

-------------------------------------

Some things about me:

-I'm a champ designer. I work on champions. I don't work on things like servers, skins, or IP prices. As such I probably won't be able to give any real answers on such topics, it would just result in the propagation of false information.

-There are currently no champs in the game that I have designed. I'm working on my first one as we speak.

-I love LoL and played Ranked + normals non-stop in college. Wrote my final term paper on the F2P pricing scheme and filmed a 10 minute documentary on the new player experience during Senior Winter.

-Was 1800 - 1850 and rising when I graduated. Haven't had much time to focus on improving my game since then (too busy making my champ ).

-I main supports (Raka, Janna, Lulu, Sona, Taric, Zyra). Also play a TON of Tristana (bot) and Teemo (top). Noct, Shaco, and WW are my go-to junglers. If you force me to play mid (I suck at it) I'll try to grab Kass (provided the matchup wouldn't screw me).

-Used to be "almost" pro at TF2. Have 1400 hours in the game and mained scout/med for a team back when CAL was a thing.

-LOVE Fire Emblem

-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.

-I went to college at Dartmouth and graduated with a BA in Economics 2 months ago. Also studied Theater, Film, Chemistry, and Biology (was a pre-med freshman year).

-Started @ Riot right after graduation (it's weird being one of the "young people" again). Been here 2 months.
i plan on going to college for being a game designer too. After playing LoL and seeing Riot it just made me want to. Any advice for it? Also when i do graduate u want to put a word in for me ;D?

bluddragon1

11-18-2012

Now I know I am not the only one who read wheel of time

Hahahahahah

11-18-2012

tfw no gf

DN Frosty

11-18-2012

Are their any plans in the near furture to make more aggressive supports like leona? i really like their play style and the pace it sets for bot lane

Velqor

11-18-2012

Have you played Bastion and if so would you be interested in making a character loosely based off the main character?

Arctic Bro

11-18-2012

NA Badger Teemo Splash Where, screw the asian one, if I would have known I would have never bought a skin that tells me to stfu before every game, I spam laughs on Teemo for cryng out loud!

RF Legendary

11-18-2012

How much do you lift at the gym?