I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legumee

11-18-2012

why am i so good?

Teeird

11-18-2012

Do you get annoyed by trade requests in TF2?

ashxu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Who gets to decide on champion dance/jokes?

Reeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

What do you think about Renekton's (lack of a) passive?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-18-2012
46 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddish33 View Post
Is the new support champion a mermaid? Just based of one question you answered you said that water theme has a lot of flexibility and concepts and since morello said she can't wear shoes, I'm thinking mermaid! On a side note, are you designing any other champ besides your female one? How much progress has you main champ had now that its been at least 3 months?

Bonus Question: Thoughts on Soraka?

Edit: OMG I predicted Nami would be a mermaid
You called it bro .

"_____" is still my main squeeze and is coming along QUITE nicely. Am also working on prototypes for three new champs.

I really like Soraka. I know Morello will probably fire me for saying this, but I'm glad she's in our game. Yes I know she's toxic, but the reason I like her is because she provides a very relaxed playstyle that no other champ in our game offers. All you have to do is sit next to your carry and push 2 buttons. All you have to worry about is a 20 sec CD heal and a 10 sec CD mana buff. Sometimes after a stressfull day I just want to relax and play LoL. I don't want to think, I don't want to get excited, I just want to chill and place wards. Soraka is GREAT for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenour View Post
why does riot not apply the test realm as an actual area for testing prior to release? It keeps spawning UP champions.

They should also use it before NERFING champions, and making them unplayable. why isnt this done?

2nd question:

Why does riot leave champions in a state that makes them completely unplayable for extended periods of time? (rammus, heimer, karma, etc)
Test realm isn't a very good place for balance feedback...Without proper MM games are just crazy unbalanced. Also remember, test realm though Zyra was weak.

2nd question: I have opinions on this but it's really not my place to talk about it. Would want to ask a live guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
wouldn't happen to be Lissandra would it? Because moreso than Kass daughter, I want this one
Nope, you've never heard of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
While I realize you're probably not the one to raise this issue with, I still feel compelled every time it's brought up. While it's great to have champions with relationships and interactions off the battlefield, that give you room to expand the story in other directions, I still think that it's equally as important, if not moreso, that they still maintain a cohesive reason to be ON the battlefield as well, since, as players, this is where we're going to have our interaction with them. And many champions and their relationships lately give them absolutely no reason to actually be in game. Kha'Zix/Rengar, Warwick/Soraka, Elise, etc. They have relationships and goals which are only obtainable off the battlefield, and thus, from a story perspective, they have no reason to be present in-game. This results in making the story weaker, not stronger, because now you suddenly have conflicts between what we're being told, and what we're experiencing ourselves, and the lore starts to unravel as this conflict causes it to, well... Make no sense.
Should talk to Kitae about this one. Think we're trying to move away from a "tournament world" in order to give our characters real agency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvans View Post
I've been working on champion ideas for a while, and I would really like to get into champion design or game design, but my degree is going to be in biology, which isn't very helpful for getting into this field. Any tips on how to get into the business?

Also, could you look at my champion ideas?

This is my current favorite:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=psylus

And all of them are over here:
http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.p...vans-big-book/
I'm not the best for giving tips. I got lucky TBH. Applied at the right time for the right position. Having a good degree helps. Working at an awesome company helps. Being super smart and being able to show that helps. Making games, playing games, knowing about games, these all help. At the end of the day you should just try applying and see where it gets you.

If you want to do design specifically you need to remember that it's not all about ideas. Anyone can have ideas. Design is about solving problems and realizing player expectations.

I like Psylus' passive. It's pretty cool, could be simplified a tad though. What if it just had the marks? Basically a cool version of Lux passive where the reward is spell effects as opposed to more damage. Not sure you need the sigils since proc'ing marks is ALREADY encouraging autoattacks between spells, adding sigils just adds power and forces the pattern even more (lux can auto between spells but she doesn't feel like she HAS to) without introducing much new gameplay.

LastProtagonist

11-18-2012

How do you feel about Gingerbread Singed?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2760836

MrGutWrench

11-18-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2760836

read this and comment

Fioracoming

11-18-2012

do you guys will release sexy male champs?

Zertryx

11-18-2012

- What are some favorite archtypes you would love to see enter the league?
- What new kinda weapons would you like to see? (for characters not items)
- Do you think you could convince the design team to make a teemo skin of every champion? (Teemo-Sin the blind scout, Munteemo goes where he pleases, it would be fun to see teemo be everyone else)

Koechophe

11-18-2012

Is elise considered balanced right now, or is she up/op?