Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarah Lee

10-12-2012

Hi Gypsy,

You seem like a cool guy, and I'm a fan of your avatar being a Teemo player myself.

I was just reading through your comments and you mentioned that you would be keen to see more ethnic diversity on the champion roster. I know that IronStylus as said the same thing too and I was just wondering if you could tell me anyting more about Riot's thoughts on this issue.

I agree with you that it's undesirable to just have a "token black guy" champion and that if Riot is going to make a black champ, they should work conceptually and be just as baddass as the white and Asian champs we already have in the game. But other games like Dota have proven that it's possible to include darker skinned characters in this kind of fantasy game and they don't have to be stereotypical or problematic. A good example is Chen.

Do you think that Riot might consider designing these types of champions in the future, and what do you think some design challenges could be? Would you ever take on the design project of making a darker skinned champion?

I know that quite a few players are interested in this issue, including myself and Eserine, and have been trying to open up a bit of discussion in the forums.

FIatulence

Recruiter

10-12-2012

i like new champ designers they bring ideas others havent

sammich kek

10-12-2012

What position did you apply for?

AbandonThread

10-12-2012

Dartmouth? As in Nova Scotia Dartmouth? Or somewheres else which I do not know of. And if it's the Nova Scotian Dartmouth..

CANADA GREETS YOU!

And if it isn't?

CANADA WANTS TO GET TO KNOW TO YOU.

Sarkhon

10-12-2012

What kind of process do you guys go through before determining whether or not a global ultimate is a legit thing on a champion. Everybody can agree that Karthas ult is really annoying, especially for new players, and that Shen is mostly banned because of his global presence... Are global ults something you guys are trying to steer clear of, or can we expect another new and interesting global ult, or a take on one (such as Ziggs being not global, but pretty rangy) in the future.

Remgarr

10-12-2012

How is this for a idea with Karma; Let her cone keep the passive heal it allready gains with a mantra use, and instead have the mantra cone make it a AOE around her, while increasing the heal and damage slightly?

TwoWeirdYordles

10-12-2012

-Why you say "Wrengar"?

-Have you considered to make a yordle champion riding a dragon?...or maybe Two weird Yordles as one CHAMPION?

Avalonicous

10-12-2012

Who was your first champion that you had a hand in designing?

Pr3mium

10-12-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:

Brawl is for noobs. Melee all the way. Jigglypuff is a BAWS.

This quote just made you my new favorite rioter.

At first I liked that you like Teemo. And then you say this. Melee was my life, and Jigglypuff is the best. Everyone underestimates the puffball. I was laughed at, till they died. Though killing myself with her roll once in a while is irritating.

Actually me and my friends are creating a tournament. Problem is they're doing the n64 version which I never had, and won't be able to practice on. :'( Still going Jigglypuff.

Question I suppose:
You said earlier you like anime. Yu Yu Hakusho? Best anime of all time? (maybe not dbz cause that was and will always be my childhood show).

Talbat

10-12-2012

Does Riot look to the champion ideas forum often for inspirations, ideas, etc? Moreover, if I have a champion idea that I feel is amazing and unique, is it worth it for me to chisel it into a fully-fledged creation?

And just because I feel like a shameless pitch, I feel I hatched the perfect idea for a void support: An isolated specimen from a eusocial (effectively hivemind, think bees/ants/etc.) species in the Void who feed off of vital and emotional energies (think psychic vampire, just amplified somewhat), able to share any sustenance they gather with the rest of their colony.

This specimen, forced out of the Void, has taken to the Fields of Justice in the hopes of earning a way back to his colony, possessing an ulterior motive to flock them over there as a source of food, as it is a center of eternal conflict.

The ability to share energy with others would have otherwise been a vestigial function, but on the Fields of Justice it becomes a focus for the champion's support capabilities, alongside its signature ability, Wrathful Possession, which puts up a shield to block one basic attack on itself or an ally. Should it be popped, it zips towards the aggressor, taunting him/her and healing the 'shielded' ally (or itself if self-targetted) by a flat amount per hit taken from the marked aggressor (feeding off wrathful energy).

Also related, if you have an idea that you cannot complete due to lack of resources or skills, do you feel it is still a viable plan to complete what is within your capability? More honest, less shameless-plug question.