I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yfrappefort

10-01-2012

Hey Gypsy! Can you look at my rework again? Version 2. Tought a lot about it. Thanks .

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post28176615

Edit : Also, how do you feel about Teemo dying 324% more then last year?

Uracle

10-01-2012

Here's something I'm always wondering. How does the design process go when it comes to champs? Does it start with Lore, Concept Art and then gameplay mechanics or is it random?

Hummin

10-02-2012

do you enjoy the show supernatural? Perhaps all the things they discover can become ideas for skills/champions in the future! Did you watch poke'mon as a child too?

Do you think riot needs people who do very well with customer service? Or someone to be the voice from riot to the people on the forums so they can generally be informed or have someone who's ment to be there to put out fires of severs going down, op/up champs threads, ideas. Because alot of people dont think they are heard. I guess this is a long question, sorry. :/

PG Dolce

10-02-2012

Nice to see a fellow JDHS graduate works at Riot! I graduated in 2008 as well. Anyway, I just started playing League last week. Which champion do you recommend for learning the fundamentals of support?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

10-12-2012
37 of 65 Riot Posts

42:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Why were you GYPSYBEASTLORD?

Does it have to do with your champion?

Also, you mention that "Bugs are the devil" relating to your champ. Does this mean that we can expect your champ to be a demon insect? I'm pretty sure we just got one of those.
Teehee. GYPSYBEASTLORD WAS FOR BEASTWARS. ALL BEASTS. MONKEY TOP. MANTIS JUNGLE. ALIEN BOT. WOLF AND LION MID. RUSH FLAMING BEAST CAPES. STOMP THEIR CARRY INTO THE GROUND. WHO DOES THE OTHER TEAM KILL?! YOUR CARRY?! HA! JOKES ON THEM CAUSE YOUR WHOLE TEAM IS THE CARRY.

This has nothing to do with my champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Gypsy, I believe a champion based around being a chef is a fantastic idea. What are your favourite foods?
I like lasagna and tacos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddish33 View Post
Why does Janna have 475 AA range? It just doesn't really make sense lol.
She's not really meant to be an autoattacker, Plus, she's got that shield. Long range AA + dat shield is crazy good harass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaucheries View Post
Do you have any say in hero skin production? We need more Katarina skins.... Most of the released skins Bilgewater, High command (Really not that great, needs a serious makeover) and Sandstorm aren't that great when compared to the quality of other heroes skins.
I give feedback on skins (like the one my champ will be getting) but at the end of the day skins team makes the skins decisions. We try to get cool skins out for all champs. It's hard though when you've got 100+ characters to support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
i dont have a question but instead advice; do not design humanoids, weve seen plenty of those.

design something really new, like a champ that carries a cart around or something, or a champ that has a invulnerable pet that is upgraded and gains skills that allow it to protect the champ instead of the champs itself (wich will have low hp always).
Hmmmmm, I don't think humanoids by themselves are bad or "boring." Take a look at Draven. From a personality standpoint I'd say he's pretty unique and cool. It takes a special dude to inspire stuff like this http://imgur.com/a/n8vc6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
one quick question

1) Are there any plans to buff lulu's ap ratios? She was great in mid, but then she got nerfed, and she was okay, and then she got nerfed again, and now I never see her mid
Lulu may be weak ATM but I think her nerfs made sense. When you have that much utility on your kit you can't also be doing tons of damage.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

What kind of schooling did you go into? What sort of education would one need in order to get into the same type of work you do?

Furthermore, what's a typical day of champion designing? Do you do the number crunching? The mathy stuff? Or do you just work on mechanics like "this guy's gonna have a dash!" and let other people sort out the number part of it, or is all that done by you (for the champion you're working on)?

Edit: Just read one of your responses and it looks like you more-or-less covered most of this post.. if this forum had strikethrough text, I'd use it to cross off the stuff you already covered, but since it doesn't, I'll use italics in its place, and bold the stuff I'd still like you to answer, if possible

GypsyReborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

i feel like i was skipped in the process of you answering so imma post again even though its not even remotely relevant.

are you or will you be my big brother?

Omegafilter

10-12-2012

Will you be back in 3kf stream chatting with you was really informative yesterday

Zerglinator

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Hmmmmm, I don't think humanoids by themselves are bad or "boring." Take a look at Draven. From a personality standpoint I'd say he's pretty unique and cool. It takes a special dude to inspire stuff like this http://imgur.com/a/n8vc6
Wait, are you saying Draven is a humanoid? I thought he was all out human...

I think the person was addressing things like Rengar, in that he's certainly not human, but doesn't qualify as a monster champ.

Stomach God

10-12-2012

A question for you good Sir, Does one know anything on the plans for Karma? when she might be reworked/buffed? (would prefer the later tbh)