I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wPCPdBBvAF

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
shes meant as support.
That doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to fill multiple roles.

Riot shouldn't go out of their way to allow champions to do multiple roles, but at the same time, they shouldn't go out of their way to be sure they can't, which is unfortunately what they did with Lulu. She may have been overpowered on release, but they took it too far, and now they should feel obligated to make her a viable pick in other roles again just the same as if they overnerfed any champion.

Why does AP Ezreal get special treatment?

Deesastre

09-30-2012

As a girl player, I really enjoy playing Female Champions. Some of my mains are Riven, Irelia, Janna, Sivir, and Ashe. (i'm not much of a jungler ;P) When the past few (Diana, Zyra, and Fiora) came out, i was disappointed in Rioters..I know Zyra was supposed to be kind of a "monsterish" champion, but i felt like it wasnt enough...What's YOUR opinion on a Monster Female Champion?

Something like Brand, Kha'zix, Cho'gath, Nocturne... NOT a female form? Cass is close, but still no go for me... I really want something that has those graphics that Riven does, where you see blood splurt every time she hits a Champion...kinda sick, but i love it, and think its the coolest thing...

And i know, it would probably be difficult to make a female champion, that doesn't have a female form or something... but what if, her Ult made her into a monster? kinda like what Shyvana does with the dragon thing...

Just something i've been hoping of... :3

IIZekoII

09-30-2012

Django reinardt is your friend?

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
Originally Posted by Wyl
Check my Karma rework proposal :
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord
Your proposal has some cool ideas. A good/evil stance champ could be pretty fun to play. The question then is: "Is this right for Karma?" I worry that it may stray too far from her base design. Karma's "thing" IMO is using her mantra to empower her abilities. One of the main reasons players buy champions is because they think the kit is cool. As such, they should have a reasonable expectation that going into the future their champion will not be drastically changed at its core. We consider this when doing reworks. New Eve still gets to go invis. New xin still get to jump on you and knock you up super faster while cooling down his abilities. IMO Karma's mantra system is cool and fun, the execution is just poor (+ her numbers make her weak).
The most recurring concern about this proposal was that it would diverge a bit from her initial lore rather than a concern about initial design. Which is why I decided to retouch her lore a bit to highlight a " new " side of her personality which could be right even without changing the current lore, simply harder to perceive ; she could be a member of the Kinkou order and we wouldn't know yet, or is destined to be. There's many possibilities that can be imagined based on her current lore and some briefs parts in it inspired me this very one rework.

I understand where you come from by saying people who buy Champions do because they're attracted by their kit (most of the time). However, I feel like her current kit has pretty heavy design flaws that notably don't allow her to be a full time support without AP.

The main design flaw after that would be that her strongest spell is the one that feels the less strong, less useful, less everything : Spirit Bond. You have very few advantages to use a Mantra on it compared to using it on the others. Funny enough, this very one flaw partially fixes the next one :

She needs a mantra on her Soul Shield 24/7 if she plays AP or she's useless.

Balance wise, her numbers are way off. Her 3 levels 6 spells aren't as strong as 3 level 5's and one ult. That's a bearable problem for now.

Now to come to your main argument being "Mantras being able to evolve her abilities make Karma Karma " , I feel this is pretty wacky because Mantras are given the attribute to be able to operate a spiritual transformation. Is doing what she does representing that ? Not really. This is another reason that made me want to do that Good/evil skillset, for then using Mantra WILL change her mindset, basically. Thus it will be thematically right.

If you want a Champion that "evolve" things, I feel you did a good job with Kha'Zix on that very point, but I personally don't feel like Karma had achieve that purpose.

- --
As for your second concern (reworks must keep the character safe), I feel like I didn't destroy Karma to create something utterly new. Her spells have more or less the same purposes, her theme is refined, and she should be easier to grasp because she would now have clear build pathways. What I did is pushing her learning curve higher if you want to use both stances, but made possible to stay on one stance only if you really want to stick to your role.

Now to present the main change in this rework, I'll ask you this. Is it thematically and design-wise right that Mantras "evolve" her abilities and not Karma herself ?

I'd really like to pursue this discussion with you, so give me feedback !

AbyssionKnight

09-30-2012

Here's a quesion.

WHY. WHY ARE YOU GYPSYLORD IN REALITY. Yet, in the dev tracker it displays your name (even on posts) as 'GypsyBeastLord'? xD

Why do you hide your inner beast. D:

edit: Also, your devtracker beastlord name is all in caps....does this mean you're ricklessabandon's archnemesis?

Fell14043

09-30-2012

Hey Gypsy, I've always really been into helping people. I am very knowledgeable about many things, and am constantly learning new things, and learning more about old things. When people have questions, I like to answer.

Does this translate to any career opportunities at Riot?

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
shes meant as support.
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
Lulu is pretty powerful at the moment I agree, we generally think that her Q+passive poke is pretty difficult to deal with in the solo lanes. More than likely we'll be looking at taking action in that area but we want to be sensitive to the fact that she can play as a solo mage or support. That's a cool thing that we don't want to take away!

Comedian

09-30-2012

Did you accept my friend request because of my awesomeness in RvC or because you accept everyone?

Nitemare

09-30-2012

Will you add me so we can duo Q? <3

BROtoro

10-01-2012

Y u miscapitalize my name