Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

09-30-2012

Why were you GYPSYBEASTLORD?

Does it have to do with your champion?

Also, you mention that "Bugs are the devil" relating to your champ. Does this mean that we can expect your champ to be a demon insect? I'm pretty sure we just got one of those.

XMPrime

09-30-2012

RiotGypsy, please look over here at this post

"Hi : D I just wanted to garner your thoughts on various themes for a support champion:
1.food themed
2.space
3.water
4.fairy (or sprite?)"

Quote:
gypsylord:

1. wat?
2. Cool
3. Very cool, lot's of design space here.
4. Lulu

In regards to answer #3, I'd like to plug a really awesome champion design done by a friend of mine. Cerule, the mystic mermaid. ENDLESS hidden passive possibilities

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Nhan-Fiction/(Custom,_Fan-made_Champ)_Cerule,_the_Mystic_Mermaid

OH NO ITS LU BU

09-30-2012

Gypsy, I believe a champion based around being a chef is a fantastic idea. What are your favourite foods?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

09-30-2012

41:

Quote:
Ehh No Way:
make me a devil champ and and ill.. <3 you

Demons are cool.
Quote:
Aexio:
Gypsy, What background do you have that landed you the job? Graphic design, specific program experience, or maybe even an artistic forte? I have experience in computer based art and drafting with more technical background. How would you say is the best way approaching a Gaming Company Job process?

In college I majored in Economics (finance). Also had a heavy focus in theater, film, and chemistry. No game design experience or CS experience. I'm just really good at learning how to do new things. Also played a ton of games.

If you want to get a job at a game company get really good at something you love and then show them how awesome you are. If you're an artist then amass a sick portfolio. If you're into CS then go out and code some stuff. It's hard though, places like Riot are very selective.
Quote:
Tempestphile:

Oppan Gypsy style champion where???

We need this.
Quote:
HeroProof:
What did you play in your childhood?

My cousin gave me a gameboy pocket when I was 10. First game was Super Mario Land for the gameboy, then Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Then Pokemon Red! I played that game to death.
Quote:
GypsyReborn:
Are you my long lost brother? and if so will you play some games with me? and if you do will you let me call you onii-chan?

はい, おとうとちゃん.
Quote:
Toenail Clipping:
What's your opinion on Akali balance-wise? She pretty much dies instantly in team fights as soon as they buy an oracle.

She also struggles against most bruisers in lane and yet picking her in mid sacrifices the aoe and utility of a normal ap carry.

Akali isn't nearly as good at instakilling squishies as other assassins, which is understandable, since her cooldowns are really low and she can jump from target to target, but she's so squishy that competent teams can stop her from ever getting that far. There just seems to be something wrong with a squishy melee that needs to jump to the enemy team's back line and whose only escape is completely and totally countered by an item every team always has.

Akali isn't in the worse place ever. You see players like Westrice play her and it's just insane. I think she simply suffers from the problem most of our assassins are afflicted by: Wtf do you do in teamfights? Assassins are about isolating and eliminating single targets, which is very hard to do when their team is around.

wPCPdBBvAF

09-30-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Akali isn't in the worse place ever. You see players like Westrice play her and it's just insane. I think she simply suffers from the problem most of our assassins are afflicted by: Wtf do you do in teamfights? Assassins are about isolating and eliminating single targets, which is very hard to do when their team is around.

Then it's rather unfortunate that team fights play such an enormous role in deciding the outcome of a game. :P

oddish33

09-30-2012

Why does Janna have 475 AA range? It just doesn't really make sense lol.

Debaucheries

09-30-2012

Do you have any say in hero skin production? We need more Katarina skins.... Most of the released skins Bilgewater, High command (Really not that great, needs a serious makeover) and Sandstorm aren't that great when compared to the quality of other heroes skins.

ihaveapotion

09-30-2012

i dont have a question but instead advice; do not design humanoids, weve seen plenty of those.

design something really new, like a champ that carries a cart around or something, or a champ that has a invulnerable pet that is upgraded and gains skills that allow it to protect the champ instead of the champs itself (wich will have low hp always).

Koechophe

09-30-2012

one quick question

1) Are there any plans to buff lulu's ap ratios? She was great in mid, but then she got nerfed, and she was okay, and then she got nerfed again, and now I never see her mid

ihaveapotion

09-30-2012

Quote:
Koechophe:
one quick question

1) Are there any plans to buff lulu's ap ratios? She was great in mid, but then she got nerfed, and she was okay, and then she got nerfed again, and now I never see her mid

shes meant as support.