Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Introducing Twisted Treeline Subreddit

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

08-20-2012

Tired of all the treeline hate at http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends? You can now head over to www.reddit.com/r/TwistedTreeline (http://www.reddit.com/r/twistedtreeline) to talk and discuss all things Twisted Treeline. Come visit and help make this a great place for the community to speak about League of Legend's most under appreciated map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

She

Senior Member

08-20-2012

/r/lolgaymers is in the related subreddits section but /r/twistedtreeline isn't? lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

08-20-2012

Quote:
She:
/r/lolgaymers is in the related subreddits section but /r/twistedtreeline isn't? lol


We usually wait for some level of sustained activity before we drop it in the sidebar. I'm hoping we can get that for treeline.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

08-20-2012

If it's anything like r/leagueoflegends, then I want nothing to do with it. That garbage subreddit is nothing more than cosplay pics, fanboism, and people circling jerking their favorite champions/builds, regardless of what is actually viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

Recruiter

08-20-2012

Neat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

08-20-2012

Quote:
Gabriel Logan:
If it's anything like r/leagueoflegends, then I want nothing to do with it. That garbage subreddit is nothing more than cosplay pics, fanboism, and people circling jerking their favorite champions/builds, regardless of what is actually viable.


What content would you like to see?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

08-20-2012

Quote:
Goggris:
What content would you like to see?


Honestly, I really enjoy direct subreddits that make fluff posts spam. Like when you compare r/gaming to r/games. R/gaming is nothing but fluff posts; the front page is all imgur links and fanboys downvoting each other on what their favorite game is. Compare that to the front page of r/games, where it's all direct news posts, important rumors with cited evidence to prove them, and gentlemanly discussion on upcoming projects (without excessive downvoting). I think it's important to keep the memes banned, and keep the moderation strong.

As far as the content specifically, it would be great to see tried and true TT builds, discussion over people's posted replays, discussion over picks/bans, strategies in TT gameplay, tips from high ELO ranked players, etc. Essentially what you see on this forum, only it wouldn't suck, because the posts are actually archived, moderated, and you can track them as you please. It would also allow for easier tutoring/listing for the Ranked players who already post here to do what they already do better (due to the formatting being better).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

08-20-2012

Quote:
Gabriel Logan:
Honestly, I really enjoy direct subreddits that make fluff posts spam. Like when you compare r/gaming to r/games. R/gaming is nothing but fluff posts; the front page is all imgur links and fanboys downvoting each other on what their favorite game is. Compare that to the front page of r/games, where it's all direct news posts, important rumors with cited evidence to prove them, and gentlemanly discussion on upcoming projects (without excessive downvoting). I think it's important to keep the memes banned, and keep the moderation strong.

As far as the content specifically, it would be great to see tried and true TT builds, discussion over people's posted replays, discussion over picks/bans, strategies in TT gameplay, tips from high ELO ranked players, etc. Essentially what you see on this forum, only it wouldn't suck, because the posts are actually archived, moderated, and you can track them as you please. It would also allow for easier tutoring/listing for the Ranked players who already post here to do what they already do better (due to the formatting being better).


Well the community is what the community makes of it. A brand new community is much easier to influence and shape than an already established one, so come join, bring your friends, and start engaging in it. I would love to see everything you described, and it will definitely be a very focused community (much like games vs gaming).


1