Help with top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BodomBeachTerror

08-21-2012

Hey guys, I main bot lane but wanted to try top to carry out of 1300 elo and I've been playing nothing but drafts lately. However, I'm always getting sh@t on especially during laning phase with Riven. Even when I counterpick with her, it happens. I really enjoy playing Riven but no matter who I go against, I always get denied, lose trades, and kicked out of lane. It's really frustrating to lose my lane over and over and I know I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone give me tips on here or in game? It'd be awesome if someone would lane against me to show me what to do and what not to do

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Perhaps try a different champion? Riven is definitely a good champion, but I've tried champions that are supposedly good and just can't get the hang of them sometimes.

Undertaker c2

08-21-2012

Don't just limit yourself to one champion just because you like them. Hecarim is one of my favorite champions, but if I'm getting on ranked you won't see me picking him to jungle with. Riven is cool and a strong top, but there's so many more to choose from.

Speaking from experience, Yorick is a fantastic top lane champ, as well a good support for bottom. Harass with your W to keep the baddies off of you, farm out that CS, profit.

Darius, Rumble, Gangplank, anyone with good defense, burst, and/or sustain are all good picks.