The Creation of Rengar: Art and Style

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sling14

08-20-2012

Cool, wanna stop stalling now riot?

GhettoMacGyver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

I think this means he'll be out soon, they did the same thing with Diana. But I kinda wanna know why all these new champs are requiring so much extra test time before they're ready. :-\

Leno

08-20-2012

dat rengar...

energybar

08-20-2012

Hey Riot, I hope you're reading the feedback. I'd just like to show my appreciation for his design, and to a great extent, the execution of his theme through the visuals on his abilities. When you go into his ult, it really gets the desired feel across.

Keep up the great work, keep out doing yourselves!!!!!!!!!!

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

08-20-2012

Sweet look into Rengar's art style. Always love seeing the talented artists Riot has at work. =)

Prince Dahren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

No mention of the obvious Predator rip-off... xD

ZombieCakes

08-20-2012

"Skribbles: Itís also a myth that only female lions hunt. Female lions do a majority of the hunting but males can and do join in, especially when the pride is going after bigger prey."

The ultimate excuse to not make this beast a female, which would've made it way more unique, new and somewhat accurate, considering female lions are best known for being the ones to bring in the juicy prey.

I'm not saying I don't like Rengar, he's as badass as it gets! Just thought it would be something original to bring in to the game. This just proves that Riot really did see the idea, they just ignored it completely.

Miko

08-20-2012

"With Rengar and Warwick, we knew there was a differentiation. Warwick is more feral and picks up the trail of his bleeding prey and chases them down. Rengar is more of a methodical hunter. "
Not being sarcastic but I still do not understand the difference between WW and Regnar. What exactly do you mean by "methodical" hunter? So your pray does not have to be low in order to kill it?

Deo

08-20-2012

I love big cats but i feel tigers are way more bad-ass then lions... PLEASE can we get a tiger skin soon if not with launch... if you make a tiger skin and this champ is as awesome as i think he will be i will buy my first ever skin after playing for about 2 years... i am literally waving money in your face for a tiger skin...

Shuffluffalo

08-20-2012

Honestly not understanding the people complaining about his similarity to a Charr... I'm not seeing any similarities aside from the facts that they are feline and wear armor. If anything, he bears more resemblance to Ajani Goldmane, from MTG. Even then... How do you make a anthropomorphic lion character without it looking like SOMEBODY else's feline race?

All that aside, I'm liking the design aspects of this guy! A little disappointed he's not female, but whatcha gonna do?