Ministry's Mentorship Program! (All Levels Welcome!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sidhe Kitten

12-05-2012

Summoner Name: Mercatie

Summoner Level: 28

Preferred voice program: Skype.... but Skype crashes sometimes -_-

Champions you play: Volibear, Cassiopeia and Vayne

What you'd like to learn/work on: Early game survivability and last hitting (this esp with Volibear who is easily poked early game and a slowpoke) and being a better tank in general with Voli, and a more helpful team mate with Cass and Vayne

Additional Questions: I'd like to play pvp.. mainly because I find bots a tad more predictable and much easily harassed. Most of my deaths occur early game. I'd like to become a much better LoL player.

I'm of course willing to wait until you can figure out the patch, thank you in advance

Pyro Jedi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Summoner Name: Pyro Jedi (yes, same as here)
Summoner Level: 30
Preferred voice program: Skype; Vent if you have a server & you prefer it, same with Mumble
Champions you play: Leona (a LOT of it), Brand, Ashe, Galio. I've also dabbled with Graves, Soraka, Blitz, Alistar, Tristana (terrible w/ her), and several others. (I've been playing ARAM a lot, too.)
What you'd like to learn/work on: I'd mostly like to work on becoming more versatile and upping my game overall. I feel like I have tunnel vision in any role that requires last-hitting (lesser map awareness when not playing support, basically). I managed to hit silver by the end of Season 2 (1390-ish elo), but 95% of those ranked games, I was Leona, exclusively. (The one time I wasn't, it was because my duo queue partner and I forgot to switch. Lol.... >_> ) I'd love to learn a solo top, but my problem is that I hate melee champs if I have to last hit. I'd also like to work on learning jungle, but with the new changes...ehh, maybe I'll put that off yet again.
Additional Questions: What time zone are you in, or what time(s) do you usually play? I ask because I'm in California but tend to wait until my friends in China/Japan are off work to play with them, so...I tend to be on pretty late.

I understand that with the latest patch release, everyone's trying to figure out builds all over again, so feel free to take your time. Also, there'll be no hard feelings from me if you feel that you'd rather focus on helping the less experienced players. I've been playing for about a year, but I feel like I'm plateauing in learning about this game, so I figured it was worth a shot to ask for help where it's clearly available.

P.S. I think what you're doing here is a great thing. I wish more people did this in-game.

Ministry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I've been adding you guys and accepting incoming friend requests, though I'm still not teaching atm due to trying to get used to the reworks myself.

Ammori

12-06-2012

I originally made a post in the LoL Uni REMADE thread, but after seeing that it's dead I have come to you for help. So here I go,

Summoner Name: Ammori
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: about 4 months
Preferred voice program: Skype. I am open to downloading other programs, but I am unsure of whether my computer can handle running a voice communication program and league at the same time. (I use the skype app on my phone.)
Champions you play: Soraka, Leona, Lux
What you'd like to learn/work on:
have been playing this game for about 4 months now. I have recently hit level 30. This is my first MOBA, the only other online game I've played other than this is Dofus. I have made a lot of improvement my first 2-3 months of playing, but after a month long break I've just gotten stuck and can't seem to make any progress even though I have loads more to learn. I haven't played many pvp games, and the ones I have played I have gotten through by mostly playing support. I absolutely love playing support, it is my best role (though I am just okay at it), but I am always looking for ways to improve my support game play. I would like someone to teach me how to be a better support (how to use the more difficult support champions like janna, how to play the more aggressive supports, etc.).

Aside from help with improving my support role, I really just need help with everything in this game. I have hardly played any of the other roles, and when I do, I feed a lot. I would like to be able to play games with my friends and not lose every game for us. I feel like I understand the mechanics of the game alright, I just cannot execute them.
So I've like to learn how to mid, jungle, adc, and maybe top. I know this is asking for a lot of help, so to narrow it down I'd like to start with learning how to mid. I seems to be incapable of last hitting and harassing at the same time too, so help would be great. There have been a lot of changes made to the game, so I am fine waiting for you to adjust to it. Since the changes, I am fine with holding off on learning how to jungle for a while.

note***
-I only own 15 champions, most of which are ap casters and supports. The number of jungle, adc, and top champs I have is very small.
-I'm not sure if this helps with anything, but I like to play champs with lots of utility.
-I am U.S. west coast time zone.

Thank you very much!

Additional Questions: Do you do 5v5 premades on summoner's rift with another mentor to help your students learn the game? I saw that summoner's academy was doing this some time ago, but I never had a chance to try it.

TGIFeras

12-06-2012

Summoner Name: TGIFeras
Summoner Level: 14
Preferred voice program: No preference. Whatever is best for you.
Champions I play: I've only really played Garen (and I'm not even all that good with him). I'm somewhat drawn to bruisers, but I'd love to learn all the other roles as well.
What I'd like to work on: I'd like to work on everything really. From basic mechanics, to picking a champion, learning items, laning, etc. I'm not very good at this game, but I'm hoping some mentoring will make me better, at least to the point where most of my games will be fun.

I'd really love to get into this game, my lack of skill has kind of kept me from fully enjoying it. Thanks for doing this, I'm really looking forward to some coaching. I hope to talk real soon.

P.S. I realize this program is on hiatus, just figured I'd get my name in here now. Friend request coming your way as well.

Ministry

12-07-2012

Added everyone who sent me friend requests. I'm going to continue my program now and give lessons out. Please be aware that some of the information I'll be giving out may or may not be perfect as I'm still experimenting with the new League of Legends.

CtrAltElite

12-07-2012

Summoner Name: CtrAltElite
Summoner Level: noob 30
Preferred voice program: Skype, Vent, TS3
Champions you play: Graves (saving up for him), Teemo, Nocturne (practicing jungle)
What you'd like to learn/work on: almost everything haha i suck

Ministry

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammori View Post
Additional Questions: Do you do 5v5 premades on summoner's rift with another mentor to help your students learn the game? I saw that summoner's academy was doing this some time ago, but I never had a chance to try it.
From my understanding, the Summoner's Academy program is pretty much inactive. Normally my lessons are 100% 1 on 1 unless requested otherwise by the student. This way my full attention is dedicated to that one individual. I was a former coach for the Summoner's Academy program and I felt that it was too difficult to help people learn in a 5v5 situation.

On occasion, my students will ask me for some premade games and I will either queue us as five for some normal blind pick or will try to set up a premade 5v5

draxyy

12-07-2012

Just had a mid lesson with Ministry. Very helpful, helped me figure out what I was doing wrong as Katarina and how I can improve by giving me some suggestions. Thank you

Arythius

12-07-2012

Any age requirement? I'm 12 almost 13, but I assure you that I am mature and respectful and whatnot.

If so, sweet. Here's my application if it is alright.

Summoner Name: Packers1337
Summoner Level: (This allows me to address where you're at, generally.) 28, on my way to 30.
Preferred voice program: Skype or Teamspeak 3.
Champions you play: I play alot of champions.. I'll list them below.
What you'd like to learn/work on: Jungling, jungling and more jungling. I tried to jungle with Rengar once, and let's say I ended up dying 3-4 times in the first 15 minutes.
Additional Questions: That's all I really want to know how to play, since I'm alright at the other positions.

Champions:
Mid - Diana, Fizz, Kennen, LeBlanc, Vladmir and possibly Soraka.
Top - Akali, Fiora, Jayce, Darius, Lee Sin, Olaf, Renekton, Rengar, Riven, Rumble, Vlad & Wukong.
ADC - Caitlyn, Ezreal, Kog'Maw & Vayne.
Support - Lulu, Soraka, Zyra.
(Possible) Jungle - Diana, Fiddlesticks, Jarvan, Olaf, Rengar and Lee Sin.

Thanks again,

-Arythius (A.K.A. Packers1337)