Phoenix Sun [An Ahri Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

02-02-2013

I mean like.... Let's put it this way. Valoran was created because LoL the game needed a setting. They created Valoran. Then, to make each of their champions unique, they give them a separate (sometimes linked) lore. Then, they have some gay ass reason to drag that champion to the LoL. (e.g. [insert name] has an amazing adventure. [insert awesome lore] Some thing happens. Now [insert name] goes to the league of legends to prove their skill.

When I see that, I always think: there's a lot of different ways to prove yourself that doesn't include the League.

Here's a bit of talk taken from Dreagen:

Quote:
I DO kind of wish it didn't exist TBH though. It kinda gets old to read some awesome bio that appears to be well written, and then at the end they tack on some random reason the champ joins the league.

It's kind of like, "There was an ancient demon who ravaged the northern lands. *insert cool lore here* etc etc...." then at the end they tack on something like, "After killing all the children in the village and sacrificing their guts to lord Baal, the demon suddenly smelled cookies and decided to follow the scent, stumbled into the LoL cafeteria and saw it served awesome cookies, so he decided to stay and fight for the league so he could get free cookies forever, the end".
What I'm saying is that I'm a strong believer that the League is only their gamewise. You are the first, and maybe the last person that can write something about the league and make me enjoy it the 100%. Therefore I salute you as the best.

Darsaj

02-05-2013

I was gonna post about being mad that that you made Mantheon yell out "SPARTA!" as he dropped out of the sky, giving in to the stereotype. Then I realized that I do the exact same thing in game whenever I use his ultimate.

But anyways, great story. I read Dragon Rising through and I was very impressed lol. Wish I could write like this, but all of my writings somehow end up looking dumb to me lol

MiaoLong

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsaj View Post
I was gonna post about being mad that that you made Mantheon yell out "SPARTA!" as he dropped out of the sky, giving in to the stereotype. Then I realized that I do the exact same thing in game whenever I use his ultimate.

But anyways, great story. I read Dragon Rising through and I was very impressed lol. Wish I could write like this, but all of my writings somehow end up looking dumb to me lol
Practice and Read. Spark your imagination, and then excercise forming those sparks into something material.

Started writing crappy fanfiction when I was in 7th grade. Here's *shudder* my first fanfic, from the Monster Hunter franchise. It's been 7 years since then, and I'm still improving.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3467...e-chpt-22-end/

Kranah

02-07-2013

i saw the topic you had made in GD, one about sci-fi story, and decided to check it out. OMG, couldnt stop reading!!! then found out you had other stories, so i went and checked out the fanfic section.

read both stories, well, up to this last chapter XD now im drooling in anticipation of the rest of the story.

i love reading a good book and your book's are AWESOME!!!! so keep up the good work.

plus, they make me wanna get better with Ahri and Yi...maybe even try Pantheon out too lol

p.s. still waiting for more of the sci-fi story. muhahaha

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

Wow you're old.... :3

I like this one MUCH more than Dragon rising. I'm sorrry, I couldn't bring myself to read on to the second chapter. I hear it's good but... I can't....

MiaoLong

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post
Wow you're old.... :3

I like this one MUCH more than Dragon rising. I'm sorrry, I couldn't bring myself to read on to the second chapter. I hear it's good but... I can't....
Yeah, pacing was something of an issue in DR. Part of the reason I was so disatisfied with Pheonix Sun and even Dragon Rising to an extent is that the chapters were all in short bursts, far from the professional lengthed chapter you'd see in real books.

Black Angel Six fixes that problem quite well. I just need to work on character presentation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranah View Post
i saw the topic you had made in GD, one about sci-fi story, and decided to check it out. OMG, couldnt stop reading!!! then found out you had other stories, so i went and checked out the fanfic section.

read both stories, well, up to this last chapter XD now im drooling in anticipation of the rest of the story.

i love reading a good book and your book's are AWESOME!!!! so keep up the good work.

plus, they make me wanna get better with Ahri and Yi...maybe even try Pantheon out too lol

p.s. still waiting for more of the sci-fi story. muhahaha
Haha, thanks a lot. I still haven't started on the third chapter of Black Angel yet-- those 7500+ word chapters really take a lot out of me. But I'll do my best! Whatever that means.

IMTOOJUICY

02-10-2013

Is this story still going? You started off super strong, but as you noted upthread somewhere, it does seem like you're losing a little steam for this story.

MiaoLong

02-10-2013

Fukken C programming man. It's eating my soul.

Sorry, school's been tough for me lately. You'll def see my pick up the pace once I get over this school hump.

Dregen

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
Fukken C programming man. It's eating my soul.

Sorry, school's been tough for me lately. You'll def see my pick up the pace once I get over this school hump.
Are you learning C as your first language?

I'd recommend you take a look at this book, and ditching your textbook. (ok don't ditch it, I didn't say that).

5 star book. I read the c++ one awhile ago, and I think its one one of the primary reasons I got an A+ in my programming classes. Also if you email the author, he actually responds.

MiaoLong

02-10-2013

Aw hell no. If it was my first languange this would be eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy. I'm stuck in a Java framework of a mind, which means everything has to makes sense for me to work with code, which means C is sh*t for me.