Phoenix Sun [An Ahri Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Compla

10-08-2012

It would be an easy possibility for any other writer. I'm that type that hates adding in things for the fun of it, though. Sorry.

Trolosaurus

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compla View Post
It would be an easy possibility for any other writer. I'm that type that hates adding in things for the fun of it, though. Sorry.
Understandable. It's your story anyway, not mine

MiaoLong

10-09-2012

Man, you know if I could make it work, I would do it. He might come in part 3, though,

randomfatguy

10-15-2012

great, i waited a week for that chapter now all i get is more waiting... jkjk

Zaranthyes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Miao...i wasn't sure if you could top Dragon Rising...

I was wrong.

This sequel is awesome.

Compla

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfatguy View Post
great, i waited a week for that chapter now all i get is more waiting... jkjk
Sorz man, was caught up in the finals.

TPA! TPA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaranthyes View Post
Miao...i wasn't sure if you could top Dragon Rising...

I was wrong.

This sequel is awesome.
To be honest, I like Dragon Rising better. The chapters just flowed off of my head from there. I could put out chapters in a half day. Plot was relatively simple.

Now? I really struggle to deliver that consistent quality.
So hard... so much work...

Halcyonix

10-16-2012

wait... is that a smurf o.O?

MiaoLong

10-16-2012

Well, if you want to get technical about it, this about is about 5 levels lower than the other one.

Zaranthyes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compla View Post
To be honest, I like Dragon Rising better. The chapters just flowed off of my head from there. I could put out chapters in a half day. Plot was relatively simple.

Now? I really struggle to deliver that consistent quality.
So hard... so much work...
Ya, i noticed that too.

Phoenix Sun doesn't seem too bad so far, though.

MiaoLong

10-16-2012

Quote:
Ya, i noticed that too.

Phoenix Sun doesn't seem too bad so far, though.
I need to improve, I really do.

Chapter 11

He skated across the hard rock floor as if it were the smoothest glass, skidding towards Ahri, his sword already spinning through the air in a deadly whirl. It was as if his feet sprouted invisible wings. A twirl of his body, and a switch of the hand, and the Dragon Rising blade lashed out from the unlikeliest of angles; the sharpened edge tried to lick at Ahri's face, only to be turned aside by a swift block from the Phoenix Sun. Ahri held the fiery orb in front of cross arms, catching the Dragon Rising on its curve.

"Ugnh!"

She was forced back by the force of Yi's blow. She took four steps back, desperately trying to find the balance in her step. Her legs shivered from the impact.

Yi swayed for a moment, and seemed to fall.

His foot shot forwards.

Another spin and the Dragon Rising twirled upwards in a deadly slash at Ahri's neck. Rather than block, the fox turned backwards, and started running from the hurricane of slashes that Yi had become. She nimbly stepped past swipes to her head, her legs, her tails, as Yi kept chasing her with his swings across the chamber. They were almost perfectly in sync, darting around the chamber like two dancers; with harmony in their steps.

She landed with one foot at the base of a pillar.

She twisted, and curled up the instant Yi swung at her neck. His Dragon Rising blade missed her, and instead smashed through the rock pillar effortlessly, letting loose a cloud of dust that hid the two combatants from view. The smokescreen exploded out of the gouge in the pillar that Yi's sword left, swallowing up Yi and Ahri in its heavy maw.

Then, from the outside looking into the dust, only two clashes of sparks could be seen, bursting in blue and fiery orange flashes.

The two exploded out of the cloud, Phoenix Sun against Dragon Rising. Yi was driving his blade as forcefully as he could onto Ahri's orb, but even the razor-sharp teeth of his blade could not pierce the layers of magic that made up the Phoenix Sun. Grunting, he raised his hand to push onto the back of his blade, adding even more leverage. Ahri was sweating with the sheer amount of Manipulative magic it took to hold Yi back. Once he planted his second hand, she started to weaken.

Her knees started to buckle. Her body curved back from the strain.

"AGH!"

She called on all of her strength into her Phoenix Sun. The focus meant her legs gave out, and she fell heavily onto the ground. She was forced flat on her back… but! The Phoenix Sun shone brighter and brighter, blotting out the outline of the Dragon Rising against it. A huge amount of magical energy gathered itself into the heart of the Phoenix Sun. Yi's eyes widened from behind his helm.

He twisted away.

The orb exploded upwards. A pillar of flame shot up into the ceiling, and blasted a gaping, cracked hole clean through. The Magma Chamber was visible from down here. The monstrous blast had barely missed Yi. He landed on his hands, and cartwheeled back a dozen yards. Clenching his teeth, Yi charged forwards once more, sword held low and to the side. Now free, Ahri jumped to her feet, and leapt back, to the side, and upwards, into the Magma Chamber, blocking hit for hit, dodging sweep by sweep, Yi's counter-assault.

The two fought blow for blow, into the dark cavern of the Magma Chamber, and the toxic heat.

They landed on a thin bridge of hardened rock, in the midst of sweltering heat. Where Shen once stood guard for weeks, Yi spun again, turning the Dragon Rising once more into a flickering, deadly blur.

Ahri spun, fire licking at her feet. In a blur of flames and heat, she Spirit Rushed Yi at point-blank range, twisting as she rushed to drive her heel into Yi's chest. The magically enhanced foot slammed Yi back. The Wuju master slid back a dozen feet before stopping; he clutched painfully at the strike in his chest.

He looked up to lock eyes with Ahri. Still the corrupted black smoke tainted the air around him.

But a smile… of happiness clawed its way to his face in this dark moment.

"You are so strong." He stood up straight, and raised his blade once more. But their battle was cut in by a Rakkor's sharp, clear yell.

"RAAGH!"

Pantheon had managed to climb up, and he leapt from the side, slamming his shield down on Yi. The Wuju master blocked the edge of the shield without looking up, and caught the enormous man on his blade for an instant. Turning his head, Yi faced Pantheon. The six lenses of Yi's Headhunter helm gleamed evilly from behind Pantheon's shield as the Wuju master stared down the Rakkor. Yi took two sweeping steps to throw Pantheon off of his blade in a single movement. The Rakkor soared through the air, before landing nimbly on his sandal-wrapped feet, a dozen feet away. Pantheon landed on a plateau of rock across from Yi.

The Rakkor started striding forwards for another charge.

"Pantheon!" Ahri reached out. "Don't!"

"Lance of Zeonia!"

As soon as Pantheon's relic weapon formed in his hands, he charged forwards, crouched behind his shield, and spear fixed towards Yi. The Rakkor bore down on Yi as Yi slowly turned to face the threat.

"Pantheon…" Yi said softly, raising his blade. "Thank you for taking care of Ahri for me."

Ahri sprinted forwards, but it was too late.

"NO!"

Pantheon charged at Yi, thrusting hard with his relic weapon, as Yi spun. Led by Yi's hand, the Dragon Rising flickered between the two of them for an instant, and then they raced past each other. The two stopped facing away, frozen. Yi laughed softly. He turned to face Pantheon, a pained grin on his face… as blood spurted from his shoulder. A gaping hole was torn into his metal paldroun, slowly weeping blood from the tear in the steel.

"Heh… That was a good thrust," Yi said, falling to his knees. He clutched at the wound. "…Thank you."

Blood dripped down one the floor around Pantheon's feet. The Rakkor glanced down at his shield. The grip… Suddenly, his proud Aegis of Zeonia slipped off his arm… for he no longer had a hand on it. Pantheon stared silently, first at his dropped shield, and then at his destroyed limb. To the Rakkor, to drop one's shield was of utmost disgrace. Blood trickled steadily from his gaping wound.

The Wuju Bladesmaster slowly, painfully got up without another word.

Yi turned to look to Ahri.

"Ahri…" Yi whispered, raising his blade to fight once more. "I'm hurt now. Finish me, and then run." He started stepping slowly towards her, with a slight limp. As he limped forwards, his resolve hardened. Yi started running towards her, sword ready. He lunged forwards, swinging his sword over his head.

Blood splatters littered the lava rock behind him.

"AHRI! KILL ME!" A tear in time and space wrapped itself about Yi's blade, rending the air about it. Swinging the infinitely sharp blade about his head, he leaped. "DRAGON SLAYER!"

Ahri stepped back, and drew her Pheonix Sun close. She had no idea if this was going to work— Gold shimmers surrounded the orb as she drew the Wu about it.

"AHHH!"

As she raised her orb to block, the Wu reacted with the tear in time and pace of the Dragon Rising Blade. As the blade touched the orb, an outpouring of light blinded them both, and then exploded outwards in a final spark. The two of them disappeared in a flash of gold and light.

Pantheon was left inside the Magma Chambers, his shield still laid pitifully on the ground. From inside a cloth wrapped on his back, Annie wriggled out. Her small head poke out from behind Pantheon's shoulder, worried.

"Mister? Is your arm ok?" The Rakkor gave no response. He only stared dumbly at his dropped shield.

"Mister? Panny?" A beastial voice cut in, with guttural tones that sounded like a knife against gravel.

"Ho…" Rengar growled, grinning. The Pridestalker picked up Pantheon's severed hand, examining it with interest. "Seems like pieces come off you easy, Rakkor." Three more champions filed behind the Pridestalker in the shadows, spreading out to cut off Pantheon's escapes. "Makes it so much easier to get my trophy…"

"I…" Pantheon called out, suddenly. "…am not done yet."

The Rakkor reached down with his only hand left, and picked up his shield. With a bit of difficulty, he fitted the first rung of grips onto his severed forearm. The shield was left hallway on now.

"You're going to fight me with only one hand?!" Rengar started laughing loudly. He threw his head back and howled to the dark cavernous ceiling with derision.
"You're insane!"
Pantheon ripped a strip of crimson cloth from his cloak with his one hand, and tied it onto the hand grip of his shield. The Rakkor leaned forwards to bite the free end of the knot, and wrap it about his stump. Wincing, he pulled until the cloth nearly cut into was once his wrist.

"No…" Pantheon raised his shield, and crouched behind it. He spun his spear in his hand, and leveled it at the Rengar's chest. "I am going to kill you with one hand."

This seemed to silence the Pridestalker for a moment. Then a fang-filled gash of a grin spread in his face.

"You have a warrior's heart, Rakkor." Rengar stepped back, slipping into the shadows, as his three allies circled about Pantheon. "I think I'll…. Take it."