Phoenix Sun [An Ahri Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenson

09-24-2012

Ah, I love your writing Miao...

I hope Ahri can redirect Xerath's energy to blow up the shield. Then she can also rescue Zil without having to expend all her powers!

MiaoLong

09-24-2012

Oh, I was wondering when I was going to hear from you again. You first posted at around chapter 4, right? Did you already finish Dragon Rising?

And well, Zilean is already in the Institute. Ahri doesn't technically need to get through the shield to rescue him. Shen, however, is still baking in the Magma Chamber, and is most definitely stuck outside. Same with Jax and Fiora. Yi's location still is unknown.

Kenson

09-24-2012

Chapter 4? Hmm. Was that on Pheonix Sun or Dragon Rising? I forget... I can't remember well.

No, I didn't not not not not not skip Dragon Rising, and yes- I do read really fast. Just got done catching up on.. 3 other fanfics (Guiding Light, Wounded, Light in the Desert).

Edit: Just realized I have one 'not' too many- so here's more to correct the statement!

MiaoLong

09-24-2012

Wow. Sometimes I go back and re-read what I wrote, and I can believe I've come this far. Thank you very much for your commitment to my work.

I have some of the next chapter written, but I'm still working on how best to deliver it. There's an important decision I can have Ahri make that will really be a character defining moment, but it's not easy to write up, the way the themes come together.

Kenson

09-24-2012

Maybe do as other authors do? Release Advance Reading Copies to a few trusted peeps and let em give some input. Just a suggestion!

MiaoLong

09-24-2012

Ah, haha, it's nowhere near that stage anyhow, not in a readable form. Usually by the time I get it to a readable form, it's pretty satisfactory anyways. I'm a perfectionist, see, so my first draft is almost always comes out at a fairly good quality. The downside is that it takes forever and a day to get that first draft out. Once I do get it to that first draft, I tend to rush it out as it increases exposure of my story and reduces loyalty decay.

So, sorry. I probably won't do beta viewing anytime soon. On the flipside, you have my promise that as soon as I can, I'll get chapters out for everyone to see.

Kenson

09-24-2012

Take your time man, after Dragon Rising I'm sure many people are patient enough to wait for your next masterpiece!

Compla

09-24-2012

You'd be surprised. It's a challenge to stay relevant in a forum like this, especially with so much new and fresh blood coming out with higher and higher quality stories. It's a challenge I'll take on though, and I hope the result of the struggle is a better Phoenix Sun for everyone to enjoy.

Kenson

09-24-2012

Classics will always be classics man- though you could sure try; just make sure to do it for the readers' sakes okay?

Footie 117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

YESSS A SEQUEL btw LOVE dragon rising