Please Un-Ban my account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mistehmen

08-19-2012

I started playing this game oooooh maybe 10 days ago.
I play in 3v3 and 5v5 mostly with people I know from real life.
I never quit a game (partly because I enjoy playing and partly because if you want to quit you get a big warning sign) and whenever I get DCed I constantly try to reconnect before the game finishes.

My cousins came over last night and hugged all my bandwidth. I managed to play alright but they felt like reseting my router would make their facebook browsing and stumbling a bit faster. Hence, I got DCed. Later last night, I managed to set up my connection again and when I was half way into a pretty interesting match (with 2 friends and 2 strangers) my internet failed altogether and I could not restore it until about 3 AM.

I am responsible player and a good member of the community. I try to help people in matches and I foster team play. I dont quit, I dont hate on players and I always try to fix any problem that comes about to avoid ruining the game for other players. I got DCed two or three times yesterday which got me banned...Please remove this ban as it is not necessary nor required and it was not my fault that these DCs occured.
Thank you

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

If you got banned by DCing, then you were banned by the leaver buster, it sucks, but there is nothing nobody can do for you.

here, read this
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...averbuster-faq

Mistehmen

08-19-2012

well, this is ridiculous.
I dont think I know of any other game (EVER) that puts you in a match with random people, that may last up to an hour with no 'legal' way to quit and with a penalty for leaving....this can go wrong in so many ways >.<
Anyways, thanks for the post

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistehmen View Post
well, this is ridiculous.
I dont think I know of any other game (EVER) that puts you in a match with random people, that may last up to an hour with no 'legal' way to quit and with a penalty for leaving....this can go wrong in so many ways >.<
Anyways, thanks for the post

Well, any MOBA game should be like that. You see, LoL is a team based game, some games last long (my longest game was about 110 minutes, in summoner rift) while some end faster (in summoner rift people can give up past 20 minutes, or there are other shorter modes, like Dominion on Crystar Scar or classic on Twisted Treeline, which are games that last up to 30 minutes max)

Either way, no matter which game mode, leaving makes your team weaker, and you end up helping the enemy team to win. And doing anything that puts your team at disadvantage is punishable, of course, you didn't do on purpose, but repeatedly putting your teams on disadvantage is something they want to avoid.

If you still wanna play more in the future, make sure you fixed your computer or connection so you don't have to leave.

I had same problem when I started playing, my computer kept overheating, but in the end, I fixed my computer and now it is all good.

Nobody wants to see you banned, but, people expect their whole team to help them win, and leaving helps the enemy, so make sure you won't dc anymore and that you can save up the time for the whole game, before starting a queue.

mackman

08-19-2012

So you don't think that you should have to face any penalty for wasting the time of your four teammates that you left to lose to a 4v5? I get that it "wasn't your fault," but that doesn't really matter to the people who are now stuck in a losing game thanks to you.

Kinvaras666

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackman View Post
So you don't think that you should have to face any penalty for wasting the time of your four teammates that you left to lose to a 4v5? I get that it "wasn't your fault," but that doesn't really matter to the people who are now stuck in a losing game thanks to you.

dude, there is no need to be an ass. He is new to the game, new people doesn't realize how leaving makes a difference, hopefully, now that he got a small ban he will put more thought into it. You saying **** like that won't help anyone, so keep that to yourself.

mackman

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
dude, there is no need to be an ass. He is new to the game, new people doesn't realize how leaving makes a difference, hopefully, now that he got a small ban he will put more thought into it. You saying **** like that won't help anyone, so keep that to yourself.
I don't think I was being overly abrasive. I was pointing out that a DC is a big deal in a team game, and it puts your team at a very large disadvantage.

FallenInfinity

08-19-2012

When it comes down to it, by starting the game, you are committing yourself to a length of time, that we know to be usually at least 20 minutes, and in some cases, over an hour. (The FAQ suggests to make time for 40 minutes per game)

As unfortunate as it is, since you commit to this, it is also your responsibility to make sure as much as possible, that you are not interrupted. We all have emergencies, and issues. This is why the LeaverBuster is a very lenient system, and normally will only ban for up to 7 days, and only if you leave a lot in a short period. I can't say that I wouldn't be upset at being banned by the LeaverBuster for disconnection issues, but being lenient, it is also some of the shorter bans that occur. I'm sorry to say, your option at this point is to just wait it out.

Mjd24

08-20-2012

I like the idea of "hugging bandwidth"
Sounds nice.

RageSwitch

01-22-2013

i want to play ranked a d upload stuff to my youtube and it says imma be unbanned today but im still banned