Do you think the Tribunal is effective?

Yes (Please explain why) 347 65.72%
No (Please explain why) 181 34.28%
Voters: 528. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Do you think the Tribunal is effective?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thuch

08-23-2012

Misleading question. The Tribunal is as effective as it CAN be in it's current incarnation. Sure, it could be more effective, but that will take time.

I'd be willing to guess that 75% of the people on this thread who don't think the Tribunal is effective have had an unfortunate encounter with the aforementioned Tribunal system. 100% of them, deserved it.

Thuch

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tiddles View Post
It's more like you report something that you think is a crime to the police, and let them sort out what action if any needs to be taken.

Like hearing gunshots and then a scream, you call the police and tell them you think somebody was shot so they can handle it. You do not get in trouble for making that call.

But now, if you get verbally abused in a game and report it, and somebody in the Tribunal doesn't think it is offensive enough then you can be punished. If somebody is obviously trying to ruin the experience for everyone else by constantly refusing to coordinate or cooperate with the team and is doing things like sitting in a bush doing nothing while there is a fight right next to them, and you report it for assisting enemy team, and the Tribunal doesn't think that case was assisting the enemy team enough then you can get banned.

I guarantee you that there are many cases where people are legitimately reporting things that are bad behavior but no action is taken against the reported person, but the person calling out the bad behavior is punished because the offender doesn't have a bad enough record existing already.

I got a response from a Riot employee saying that many of the people I reported do not receive a lot of reports and that is why I was banned -- so if you are in a low ELO bracket where people are horrible and cursing and often times trolling, and you report them, and nobody else bothers to, then you will get banned for reporting their bad behavior.
If you constantly(many many thousands of times per year) call the police about a problem, and you are consistently wrong, then yes, you will get in trouble for it.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

No, innocent players have been banned, while its a small number compared to the guilty it still happens...

Riot is circumventing the tribunal altogether with Lytes new ban waves, people that just got off of punishment are being re-punished for what they just served their time for.

People that haven't been to the tribunal in years are now getting persecuted by Lytes ban wave for the same incidences that they were punished for years ago

Even innocent adjutants are being banned when they are a long time prime example of how to uphold the summoners code...

The fact that Lyte would take form of the spirit of vengeance itself is proof that he believes that the tribunal has failed, and that he has to take immediate action to try and clean up after it.

Thuch

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
No, innocent players have been banned, while its a small number compared to the guilty it still happens...
Absolutely true. It happens, and Riot has corrected their mistakes, or at least tried to.

Quote:
Riot is circumventing the tribunal altogether with Lytes new ban waves, people that just got off of punishment are being re-punished for what they just served their time for.
The Tribunal doesn't punish for misusing the Tribunal. There is no avenue accessible to players anywhere for them to even know that someone is reporting en masse, let alone report them for it.

Quote:
People that haven't been to the tribunal in years are now getting persecuted by Lytes ban wave for the same incidences that they were punished for years ago
Let's see if we can be a little more honest here, and a little less pitchforky. They are being punished specifically for their rampant use of the report function, most often against players who do not deserve it. Players history was brought in ONLY to weed out the truly bad players, and avoid banning ones that were not guilty, in an attempt to avoid situations like in your first point.

Quote:
Even innocent adjutants are being banned when they are a long time prime example of how to uphold the summoners code...
Absolutely untrue. Adjudicators are players who have played and assisted with the development of the game since closed beta and/or are active and helpful on the PBE realm and forums.
Source:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=38374

Quote:
The fact that Lyte would take form of the spirit of vengeance itself is proof that he believes that the tribunal has failed, and that he has to take immediate action to try and clean up after it.
Again, these bans were beyond the scope of the Tribunal as stated previously. If Lyte had truly take up the mantle of Spirit of Vengeance, he'd most likely be on fire, and these wouldn't be some puny 7-day bans. Punishment would be non-existence, perhaps with a sword of fire.......He'd be Kayle except a spirit, with a passive Righteous Fury type ability, probably a stun, maybe an ult that affects only people who trash talk in chat......

Sorry Lyte, I just see the correlation, I can't do anything about gender. Perhaps you need your own champion, I gave you 3 out of 5 abilities, gogogo.

Burizar

12-22-2012

Kind of

Akimasu

12-22-2012

For most things: yes.
For some things: no.

As long as Perma and time bans are handed out personally by the hands of a professional, I think it works perfectly. Warnings go out automated, and Bans are handled by Riot.

That being said, if someone gets banned for computer trouble, a couple emergencies over a few years, or something similar.. I gotta say I have trouble with that.

Brockit

12-22-2012

ban for no raisen

Gānkfest

12-22-2012

I like how Riot makes up these numbers. You can't go through and track all that information. It's just hilarious from a programming perspective.

mistmann

12-22-2012

let me put this in caps

THIS IS A TRASH SYSTEM AND NO ONE CARES

see tribunal is a system to give low life people such as myself entitlement to ban others and make themselfs feel good, so the rules dont ever apply! EVER! spam ban and get ip pardon some one and miss ip.... do u understand how it works?

there is no check and balence there is no exsplaining... if you try they will give u a gernal template that says nothing to what you wrote and then they will cancle out ur request they dont care. caring is not what riot is about its about the record breaking profits

chezwickcheese

12-22-2012

If it results in players getting their act together then yes it is effective.