Dodge runes in this day and age

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
There are tons of alternatives...no ones arguing that

what im curious about is whether or not there's some amount of merit to dodge seals that I've missed. Why would you take these over armour, when armour defends against ALL physical, and dodge only defends against autoattacks
i think auto-attack champions are still a threat. Ashe and Twitch are plenty annoying to be worth a few % dodge since it's still more effective than any other combination of yellow runes for defensive purposes.

the popularity of Olaf right now should also be convincing. and Tryn, Yi, Tristana, Shaco... there's plenty of physical dps out there (they will continue to be quite popular for the foreseeable future, too), and everyone could benefit from dodge.

it's not just a tank stat, it's also amazing value for squishies.

Covenant

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post
the popularity of Olaf right now should also be convincing. and Tryn, Yi, Tristana, Shaco... there's plenty of physical dps out there (they will continue to be quite popular for the foreseeable future, too), and everyone could benefit from dodge.
Well, it is Free Olaf Week.

I do own him and like him though. Even so, I'm buying some armor seals just because I've been partially convinced not that the armor is useful, but that negating someone APen runeset is valuable and saves me having to buy an armor item.

I'd roll my Dodges if I'm playing Udyr (or hell, even a Caster who is going to benefit more from a lucky dodge than armor) but I can see that armor seals, being as inexpensive as they are, are a handy addition to anyone's page.

One thing that always surprises me are that the 'top players' do not seem to follow the same rules. Lilballz has a ton of +HP runes on several of his pages, which seems to defy the conventions right there. It's hard to argue with success but it seems a lot worse in theory.

Iceholder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Dodge runes are nice on champs that have some form of natural dodge already (Sivir and Jax come to mind). The major problem, as has been stated, is that so many people play skill-heavy champions, that dodge doesn't really factor in much anymore. Hell, even on Jax, the dodge KING, it's as easy as not focusing him with auto-attacks to keep him down until it's only him and maybe one other left.

Can dodging still keep you from being killed? Yes, just not as often as a solid DR (champs with natural dodge mostly excluded) or MR stat will.

Also, unlike all the other stats (I think, could be wrong), you do eventually reach a point where more dodge actually takes away from the stat. I think it's around 80-85%?
At least, that's what I'm getting out of leaguecraft's stuff. Could be completely wrong. IDK.