Dodge runes in this day and age

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuo View Post
That's 12.69 armor, and that armor will reduce all physical damage by up to 12.69%.
Assuming you have zero armor.

And I'm fairly sure that isn't the actual formula but whatever.

ALargeBear

09-15-2010

Quote:
That's 12.69 armor, and that armor will reduce all physical damage by up to 12.69%.

6.75% dodge will reduce auto-attack damage by up to 6.75%.

It's your choice.
Wrong. Reduction isn't linear. Damage reduction is (armour/(armour+100)). On a non-tank at late game, you'll maybe get an extra 5-6% damage reduction from that 12.69 armour. If their carries are hitting for 600 damage crits though, the 30~ damage reduction isn't going to help you. The chance to completely evade the attack will.

Additionally, dodge can proc as many times as it wants with RNG's. You could have 1% dodge and dodge 20 attacks in a row. It's VERY unlikely, but it's possible.

Carados

09-15-2010

His logic is that at 100 armor you are completely immune to physical damage.

mustcontain1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin View Post
Is there something I'm missing here? I've been very close to throwing my dodge yellows into the rune combiner for some time now
You are missing the answer to this question: is Amumu's Tantrum still triggered if the attack was dodged?

Nick

09-15-2010

No tantrum doesn't trigger when dodged, but I use it with amumu anyways because its just such a great stat and nibleness procs are pretty awesome.

JoeDuo

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALargeBear View Post
Wrong. Reduction isn't linear. Damage reduction is (armour/(armour+100)). On a non-tank at late game, you'll maybe get an extra 5-6% damage reduction from that 12.69 armour. If their carries are hitting for 600 damage crits though, the 30~ damage reduction isn't going to help you. The chance to completely evade the attack will.

Additionally, dodge can proc as many times as it wants with RNG's. You could have 1% dodge and dodge 20 attacks in a row. It's VERY unlikely, but it's possible.
Yes, sorry, I just did a quick reply without doing the whole math. Let me try again.

That's 12.69 armor, and that armor will reduce all physical damage by up to 11.26%.

6.75% dodge will reduce auto-attack damage by up to 6.75%.

The effectiveness of both stats, versus physical auto-attack, will reach equity at 75 armor after armor penetration & co.

Carados

09-15-2010

EequaltoMC2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Yeah, i agree, dont combine those dodge seals just yet, ya never know when a champ might come out with +500% damage per 2% dodge or somethin

JoeDuo

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Armor reduction and penetration will help quite a bit with that.

Carados

09-15-2010

Quote:
Armor reduction and penetration will help quite a bit with that.
"IM ONLY CALCULATING MY MATH BASED ON A VERY EXTREME SCENARIO WHICH MAKES MY MATH LOOK GOOD, NOT THE AVERAGE SITUATION"
-Joe Duo, 2010.