Dodge runes in this day and age

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Once upon a time, dodge runes were the be-all-and-end-all of yellows. A rare stat, good gold value, nice synergy with 9 in defence, and the chance to dodge many would-be killing blows

Now, many modified auto-attacks have been made undodgeable. From poppy's Q to yellow card and then some. It appears as though dodge has been demoted to glorified armour that only works against auto-attacks, and a small slice of modified autoattack skills, like kennens surge and (possibly) Ashes frost arrows.

However, some reasonably respected person on the forums with a colored name just released a breakdown of rune value, and continued to rank dodge runes as some of the best available in yellows.

Is there something I'm missing here? I've been very close to throwing my dodge yellows into the rune combiner for some time now, holding out only for the offchance of a Jax remake, and the fact that the rune combiner has an audaciously tiny chance of giving me anything good in return.

im12nwtisths

09-14-2010

I've been using some flat mp5 seals on my carries for a while now. Dodge doesn't seem worth it to me any more.

Thellais

09-14-2010

Well Im not sure about dodge runes on a carry, however whenever i play a tank like Morde or Shen, I keep some dodge runes in the page. Its not much, but especially when going against auto-attack team comps, it really does help.

Meister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

What else would you run in yellows on a manaless champ?

TsurugiHikari

09-14-2010

energy regen I guess? I mean, if it's a energy rune champ note. If it's truly manaless, I think it's best you compliment the mark or glyph section of your runes.

Nivled

09-14-2010

I run hp/level yellows on my shen. It's a primary rune for yellow. Energy regen is something interesting to consider though, but I have not done the analysis for it.

Sevrin

09-14-2010

There are tons of alternatives...no ones arguing that

what im curious about is whether or not there's some amount of merit to dodge seals that I've missed. Why would you take these over armour, when armour defends against ALL physical, and dodge only defends against autoattacks

Papoose

09-15-2010

any one run health regen on seal?

Skwid1g

09-15-2010

They're still very good imo, not only do they cut down on auto attack damage you'll be receiving but it makes it very hard for someone to judge if they'll be able to dodge you, etc.

I don't know how many times I've either narrowly escaped or actually died diving someone with dodge runes because they ended up dodging 2-3 attacks in a row.

They're useful still, depending on your champion, but they are no longer the ONLY thing you're going to run in seals for every champ.

imhuge

09-15-2010

Dodge still breaks early game fights
Nimbleness mastery is very useful
Armor seals are also kinda subpar considering how many sources of armor there are (every champ gets armor from levels, Aegis is gotten in nearly every game) and can still be fully negated by a full armor pen set on many champs

for manaless, all of those champs want Nimbleness so dodge is just too good