GP10 Alternative: Relics.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

08-18-2012

Alright, another attempt at replacing gp10's.

GP10's are a less-than-ideal solution to a problem that is almost certainly not going away, so here's my new idea: Relics.

Completing Map Objectives distributes magical relics to team members. Relics do not take up an item slot. Each relic improves gp10 income by 2.

Relics are obtained by taking any of the following:
1 Relic: Ancient Golem, Lizard Elder
2 Relics: Dragon, Tower
3 Relics: Baron, Inhibitor (first destruction only)

The method in which relics are distributed is as follows:
1) No more than 1 relic per champion per objective.
2) Relics prioritize champions with the lowest accumulated wealth.
3) In event of a tie, the champion that landed the last hit on the objective receives the relic if they were part of the tie.
4) If not, the relic is randomly distributed to one of those who were tied.

Optionally, relics may also be distributed for assists. I'm on the fence about this idea, though it would go something like this:

1) One relic distributed per assisted kill. Unassisted kills generate no relics.
2) The assistant with the lowest accumulated wealth receives the relic.

Darthbob131

08-19-2012

I see one problem with this. While I understand it is a team game, imagine how you'd feel as a support when your jungler gets counterjungled and all your 'relics' are stolen and there's very little you could do about it. I can see this being balanced at high ELO and tournament level, but at low ELO and for normals you'd probably end up seeing one side's support getting literally nothing, and meanwhile the other team's support getting even more gold than they do now. It'd all but secure bottom lane, since the losing side wouldn't even be able to afford wards.

Ediit: Oh, and then your team blames you for the loss because you aren't warding the relics when you can't afford the wards in the first place. Snowballing

XCodes

08-19-2012

Wards are 75g. Everyone can afford wards.

Ikimono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthbob131 View Post
Snowballing
This. It would create HUGE uneven differences. strong counter junglers would INSTANTLY come out on top and would demolish the game's balance.

GP10 items currently give stats + build into items that supports need.

XCodes

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikimono View Post
This. It would create HUGE uneven differences. strong counter junglers would INSTANTLY come out on top and would demolish the game's balance.
One game I had a bit ago, our jungler was Amumu, theirs was Shyvanna. An attempted red steal was pretty much guaranteed, so I, the support, dropped a ward at our red. Shyvanna got 3v1'd at about 3 minutes and gave up first blood, and Amumu took his red buff only a little later than usual. Counterplay OP?

In all seriousness, current support itemization is pathetic, and the gp10 idea just isn't a very elegant solution. If the QoL of the support role is ever going to be elevated above what it is now, then game balance is going to be heavily impacted no matter what.