Problems with the metagame! What do you think?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIDAXII

11-13-2012

To me, one of the biggest appeals of league of legends is the enormous amount of champions there are. However, many of the champions are not usable because the game is just not suitable for them. While I believe that riot does a good job of balancing the champions, the game itself does not allow for balance. The biggest problem I think is that the game comes down to much to the team fights, and to early as well. This also means that the lanes are not important enough and just get abandoned. I think the main focus of the game should be controlling the tide of the battle and focus on the importance of winning lanes for your army to push in. Also there should be constant fights of champions throughout the map like 1v1s or 2v1s or 2v2s. This will let champions that are not as good in team fights do better like assassins for example. Also this can happen if the lanes are more important because your whole team can't just go fight somewhere because it would be abandoning your lane which would sway the tide of battle. (this applies a lot for pro level who go to team fights early and often)

Agree, disagree? Other opinions? What do you think would make the game better and every champion viable?

DrynWhyl

11-14-2012

I don't get why people think assassins aren't good in teamfights. The assassins role in a team fight is to null the ADC/APC as quickly as possible. If they do that, 9 times out of 10 you will win the team fight.(in lower elo) Thats why an assassin is really important in a team fight.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

And the problem with assassins is that they can't do that role anymore. They just get peeled too quickly. An assassin like Akali can't jump onto the enemy carry if she isn't fed enough to immediately one shot him. She needs time to get her full combo off, and with Taric, Sona, Orianna, Anivia, Irelia, etc. ect. all shoving her off the carry, she doesn't get that time. She either builds enough damage to explode the carry - only to be thwarted by magic resistance - and explodes herself, or she builds tankiness so she doesn't explode and doesn't end up doing enough damage.

IIDAXII

11-14-2012

Exactly what I was thinking

Sam Is Whoa

11-14-2012

disagree. Every champ is viable. In summoners rift? no. in dominion or TT that same champ can be good. PPL dont like hecarim but he is good on dominion. its preference team comp enemy team comp and game mode. Its all relative

WickedArts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
disagree. Every champ is viable. In summoners rift? no. in dominion or TT that same champ can be good. PPL dont like hecarim but he is good on dominion. its preference team comp enemy team comp and game mode. Its all relative
Sam Is Wise^