League Judgment - Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

09-14-2010

Thought after reading Thoth's judgment of Nasus one would give a more refined shot at this after that... terrible Fiddlesticks story on GD, welp, here we go.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candidate - Kassadin

Observation

The Voidwalker moves with purpose, his body carried forth by some preternatural force which traces vague lines of vectors along the polished floor of the great Insitute of War. At even the slightest glance the taint of the void can be seen upon his skin, tinging it a light blue.

"The truest opponent lies within", no more direct a message could be engraved unto the silver bastion which overlooked the twin doors to the his destination.

One could not discern the expression on his face, obscured as it was by an almost daemonic appearing helmet, those twin suns blazing brightly and respirator loudly reporting his breathing.

With an out-stretched hand Kassadin reached forward, an unseen force propelling the twin portals open gently; A phantom wind seemed to blow forth from the chamber, as if the pair of guardians were issuing the report to enter.

Reflection

The blinding light had been sudden, washing over him and suffocating him with its energy. He then realized he was in free fall, and as his sight returned, Kassadin knew the place.

Many on Runeterra believe the Void is a static place, never changing, ever solid. That could not be farther from the truth. Only the Voidwalker knew of its true malevolent nature, manipulating the surroundings of those not native to it to confuse their senses.

He was within an ocean, but the water carried no heft nor lift. Yet as he drew breath bubbles came from his mask, an optical illusion of this ****ed place which curses the mind.

A familiar place loomed ahead, it was a vast city, comparable to the great city-states of even Noxus or Demacia back in his home world. If only the architecture wasn't so alien and foreign, its architecture distinctly anything but Euclidean.

Why do you wish to join the League, Kassadin?, an abhorrent voice borne from the darkness of man and as ominous as the bubbling foetid waters of a swamp. The words had not been spoken, but psionically transmitted into his subconscious.

Kassadin slowly turned his body, his nether blade humming ominously as eye sight drew to the gaping maw that had birthed the transmission. It was a blasphemous thing that masked a cavern stretching deep into the bowels of whatever plane of existence the Void truly occupied.

Gazing within, a beast beyond all description sat. As dead as any corpse, yet still alive somehow. Terror long thought absolved flooded into his mind, inviting madness as he sat transfixed at what he believed was the true Master.

He knew his answer and yet with fear gripping his throat, he could not verbally project it. I fight to cleanse your kind from existence, to protect my world, the words he thought were as scathing as he could manage before the dead God.

What followed was unexpected, a bubbling laughter even more grotesque than the creature itself, How does it feel exposing your mind, the nomad of the planes?.

After the mocking laughter, he could do nothing to contain his killing intent, "It feels...releasing",. Before Kassadin a ball of pure shadow formed, before devouring the phantasm within its cave and the entire illusion.

Doors materialized from the foggy water, swinging inward with a promise of warm bathing light.

His crusade against the beasts which threatened his home and his sanity would have to wait, there was an old nemesis the Voidwalker would need to contend with on the Fields of Justice.

crimsonhunter

09-14-2010

Loved it, and imo really fits with Kassadin story.

EequaltoMC2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Nice, I wish Riot would display the Judgments on characters already release but thats not going to happen.

Cold Fusion

Recruiter

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EequaltoMC2 View Post
Nice, I wish Riot would display the Judgments on characters already release but thats not going to happen.
I believe KarrieBarr said that they were going to add these in the future. Perhaps they'll make judgments if/when the champions get a Champion Spotlight. Or maybe they'll start putting them in the JoJ's. I just hope they do

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Maybe they'll pick up the better forum ones and give credit and all. Like this one and the Nasus one.

Von Nicklesnout

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlord View Post
Maybe they'll pick up the better forum ones and give credit and all. Like this one and the Nasus one.
You're far too kind, Thoth's Nasus story wasn't filled to the brim with some references to Cthulhu, etc. & was probably more engaging.

>:C

Booty Colin

09-15-2010

This one is good, true. But it lacked depth. You're a solid writer, but I just want... more, I guess. I liked what I read, though. No doubt about that.