@Riotbabbagahnoosh and everyone else who frequents the Lore sub forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

09-17-2010

Towards Babbagahnoosh, are there any plans on incorporating ideas from fanfics or perhaps making some stories part of the lore? Just curious towards the idea.

Also, would it be possible to segregate the fictional pieces from the posts tht talk about them? Such as each story having two topics, one would have [STORY] in front of it to clarify it is the literature piece and the other with [DISCUSSION] in front of it so that people can post comments and thoughts about the piece without cluttering up the story chapters. I've seen alot of forums do this, however its different in this case since this forum has pertinent information pertaining to the game itself so the Lore information would get cluttered up with literature pieces. Just throwing the idea out there to see if it could improve the Lore section.

Zzilb

09-17-2010

Not entirely sure why this required a second thread, pushing all the rest of our discussions and information further from the grasp of casual visitors, BUTHAY thats cool, whatevs.
AHEM.

For those of you not in the know, Seth's [Story] suggestion comes from Noosh's post in this other thread of Seth's.
I am a big proponent of forum organization. Riot and Pendragon long ago declared these forums, however, would not be subject to the drama of official volunteer moderation, and all the positive cleaning that goes with. It is literally all in our hands, as equals, to decide these matters.

Making a duplicate thread is exemplary of this user-level decision making. So too is deciding threads arent worth the effort of classification tags and thereby taking no action. We're declaring what is or isnt right simply in doing. Isnt that neat?

All we can do is put the suggestion out there. If it is picked up by those willing to make a decision for more organization, we will simply see it happen. There doesnt even need to be discussion or polls or stickied threads about Rules that everyone has to sign before posting, and I really like that aspect of these forums.

So what will you, the person reading this, decide?

SethCypher

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzilb View Post
Not entirely sure why this required a second thread, pushing all the rest of our discussions and information further from the grasp of casual visitors, BUTHAY thats cool, whatevs.
AHEM.
It's all some mystical scheme to get rich and famous! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
For those of you not in the know, Seth's [Story] suggestion comes from Noosh's post in this other thread of Seth's.
I am a big proponent of forum organization. Riot and Pendragon long ago declared these forums, however, would not be subject to the drama of volunteer moderation. It is literally all in our hands, as equals, to decide these matters.

Making a duplicate thread is exemplary of this user-level decision making. So too is deciding threads arent worth the effort of classification tags and thereby taking no action. Youre declaring what is or isnt right simply in doing. Isnt that neat?

All we can do is put the suggestion out there. If it is picked up by those willing to make a decision for more organization, we will simply see it happen. There doesnt need to be discussion or polls or stickied threads about Rules that everyone has to sign before posting, and I really like that aspect of these forums..

So what will you, the person reading this, decide?
Thought I'd put the idea up there anywho, nothing wrong with promoting organization. >_>

Zzilb

09-17-2010

Whoops. I should clarify that my 'Youre declaring what is or isnt right simply in doing. ' was really more an impersonal 'We'.
Promoting organization is rad. A suggestion doesnt exist until someone suggests it. The intended meaning of my tangent was less "dont do that, you smell bad" and more "People make these choices even without that, and I wonder if they ever thought of it that way?"
No offenses meant, Seth. ;D