[Video] Garen Rework Analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MemoryLapse

08-18-2012

Hey all. I just uploaded my latest Garen video so I thought I would post the link here. This video dissect and analyzes ALL of the Garen changes for the mid-August patch. I have also included some in game clips that show off some of these changes and what they bring to your gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_uDY44Zok

Please take a look and thumbs up for a fellow Summoner on youtube if you can.

Thanks guys!

MemoryLapse

08-19-2012

bump for great strategy

SUPER SEXY jake

Recruiter

08-19-2012

Very interesting post. Thank you for spending your time to post this. I've had a couple encounters as Rumble, and was having a couple questions about him. Btw. @1;14, the soundtrack overlaps as you use the transition.

Just as a suggestion, could you please watch out for the soundtrack overlapping? It's hard to focus on what's being said, and it's just a small bug that bites me on the back of my neck. Thank you. ;3

bump btw.

Judas Priest

08-20-2012

Excelent!

MemoryLapse

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshi View Post
Very interesting post. Thank you for spending your time to post this. I've had a couple encounters as Rumble, and was having a couple questions about him. Btw. @1;14, the soundtrack overlaps as you use the transition.

Just as a suggestion, could you please watch out for the soundtrack overlapping? It's hard to focus on what's being said, and it's just a small bug that bites me on the back of my neck. Thank you. ;3

bump btw.
Yes I am a terrible video editor. Each video I try to get a little better. Sorry bout that.

The Magus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Still like your style! Quick question, what can you do in a matchup against someone with range or who can poke you through minions, like Teemo, Jayce, or (to some extent)Yorick? It seems even if you freeze the lane right outside your tower, they can still farm and land easy harass on you, especially Teemo with a blinding dart. Do you just pull the lane into tower range at that point and take the hit?

ChampStat

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
Still like your style! Quick question, what can you do in a matchup against someone with range or who can poke you through minions, like Teemo, Jayce, or (to some extent)Yorick? It seems even if you freeze the lane right outside your tower, they can still farm and land easy harass on you, especially Teemo with a blinding dart. Do you just pull the lane into tower range at that point and take the hit?
I don't claim mastery with Garen, but I have noticed that Decisive strike goes through blinds.

MemoryLapse

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
I don't claim mastery with Garen, but I have noticed that Decisive strike goes through blinds.
Actually it doesn't go through blind technically, but sometimes it seems like it does. I play Garen a ton in ranked and people love to send Teemo against me. Thus, I have a ton of practice beating teemo up top.

When it seems like you land your Q through a blind heres what really happened:

1. Teemo shoots his dart at you.
2. While the dart is in the air, you begin to cast Decisve Strike
3. Because you started casting Decisive Strike BEFORE you were actually blinded, it lands.

If he blinds you before you start to cast Q, you will miss and deal no damage. You will still apply the silence no matter what.

@magus: Add me in game I can talk shop with you extensively about dealing with ranged heroes, or better yet we can go into a custom game and you can pick teemo or whoever and I'll show you what I do with Garen.

ChampStat

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
Actually it doesn't go through blind technically, but sometimes it seems like it does. I play Garen a ton in ranked and people love to send Teemo against me. Thus, I have a ton of practice beating teemo up top.

When it seems like you land your Q through a blind heres what really happened:

1. Teemo shoots his dart at you.
2. While the dart is in the air, you begin to cast Decisve Strike
3. Because you started casting Decisive Strike BEFORE you were actually blinded, it lands.

If he blinds you before you start to cast Q, you will miss and deal no damage. You will still apply the silence no matter what.

@magus: Add me in game I can talk shop with you extensively about dealing with ranged heroes, or better yet we can go into a custom game and you can pick teemo or whoever and I'll show you what I do with Garen.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up. Would you(and anyone else who cares to) mind critiqueing my build? I start boots+3pots, upgrade to "swifties" as you call them , then build Hexdrinker+Sunfire Cape, the order depending on what defenses I need first. Hexdrinker becomes Maw of malmortius for extra AD. That's pretty much my core. I could add Aegis of the Legion if I need more defense, or Last Whisper/Youmuu's if I feel alright.

The Magus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post

I may take up on at least the first half of that offer :P I'm not too hot a Teemo player so I'm not sure I'd learn too much on what to do against a good one, but I haven't used Garen in months and I'm doing just terrible with him in my last few games. First game back in the Garen top saddle was against a Darius, which was pretty funny because I hadn't seen a top lane Darius in at least a week and that was the exact matchup in the game that had me take a loooong breather from top lane altogether for awhile :P Seemed like he could just walk into the middle of the minions and so long as he would just sit on his AoE I'd be too intimidated to go in or anywhere near last hitting distance. If I even tried to challenge that I'd do very little damage by comparison to his spell combo and walk away with usually four bleed stacks

My second game trying to take up Garen again was against a very weird Diana/Irelia match up, where they would actually go jungle until, despite all my best efforts, last hitting pushed the lane. Rengar tried to gank once, but it seemed like in both games it felt like my damage output was just falling off entirely. In both games they could completely ignore Judgement like I wasn't even there, and their damage to retaliate lasted well beyond my Decisive three hit combo Trying not to be discouraged and learning from what I did wrong, will maybe try to sneak some more Garen in tonight, but those beatings were pretty thorough and seeing Judgement do absolutely nothing was disheartening