What do Noxians think of the Rakkor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

08-19-2012

Noxians aren't big fans of folks who aren't Noxian, but the Stanpar (Rakkor, but if people are still gonna call it Finales Funkeln, I'm keeping my reference :/) share similar ideals. However, the barbarian tribes of Freijlord seemed to have similar ideals, and the Noxians went out of their way to slaughter them. I'd guess that it's a "worthy opponent" sort of thing.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

It's pretty clear that the "Honor" of Noxus is subject to the indiviual whim
Riven found using bio weapons dishonorable while singed thought this was a stroke of Genius
Talon is a geat warrior for sure but his tactics wouldn't be considered honorable by the rakkor even though he survived a very rough childhood.

so the better question would be if a indivual noxian would respect Pantheon and i think in most cases the answer would be yes

webbut

08-19-2012

I don't even think they think about them much. I mean would reason would they have to. The Rakkor control an inconsequential mountain that no one seems to care about. I dont imagine that Rakkor and Noxians even interact that much.

MiaoLong

08-19-2012

Lol no interaction? Then what do you call this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheon
I was hoping they had more reinforcements

~ Standing in the ruins of an entire Noxian Battalion

EpicLotus

08-20-2012

It is possible to respect and even admire an enemy.

In Darius AMA, the lore red clearly says the Darius might have some admiration by Garens perseverance and strenght by standing up and fighting for what he beleives, even if he is fight for the "wrong" cause (in Darius eyes of course).... it doesnīt mean he doesnīt want Garens head.

Noxians hold strenght in high regard, so i see some cautious respect as a possibility there. The Rakkor are definetly strong.

But just to point one thing out, this whole Rakkor owns Demacia and Noxus easily is surely relating to the armies not the champions.

Can an Rakkor common soldier kill 10 common soldiers? Yeah i think so... fck, Panth should probably slaughter 50... but put them up agaisnt LoL champions and i think the odds are pretty bad.

As an example, I donīt see Pantheon much stronger than Darius or Mordekaiser for example.

The Rakkor have some similarities with Noxus... both love to fight... The difference is Rakkor kills for giggles even among themselves, Noxus for phisycal goals (for the most part)... even if those donīt seem worth the carnage.

Softspoken

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Rakkor decided to ambush one of my patrols in an attack. Okay. Well, I'm going to gas the Rakkor village and kill all of their families. They thought it would be good sport to attack a patrol or a convoy or whatever, I thought it would be good sport to kill their children and unarmed citizens. Rakkor kicked the asses of my patrol? Fine. I kicked the asses of their culture and civilization by exterminating their population with chemical weaponry. Isn't that a funny joke?
Well that escalated horrifyingly quickly

belthazor3457

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softspoken View Post
Well that escalated horrifyingly quickly
= )

On Sun Tzu - "Throughout history, armies fight head to head on the battlefield, to show their strength and courage. But Sun Tzu doesn't care about glory. Sun Tzu... wants to win."

MiaoLong

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457
Rakkor decided to ambush one of my patrols in an attack. Okay. Well, I'm going to gas the Rakkor village and kill all of their families. They thought it would be good sport to attack a patrol or a convoy or whatever, I thought it would be good sport to kill their children and unarmed citizens. Rakkor kicked the asses of my patrol? Fine. I kicked the asses of their culture and civilization by exterminating their population with chemical weaponry. Isn't that a funny joke?

Then I have a question for you. If the Noxians are so much better at war than the Rakkor, then why don't they wiped them out, just like you said? It's not like the Rakkor are just a minor annoyance; they clearly deal heavy damage to both the Demacians and the Noxians in a straight-on fight. Keep in mind, a battalion of soldiers is no patrol, it's around 300 to 1200 infantry, and after he and his men (probably with his men, although it would be awesome and kind of fitting if Mantheon took on a battalion by himself) wiped one out, Pantheon was complaining that they didn't have more asses to kick.

You make it sound so easy. So why don't the Noxians do it? The Rakkor regularly humiliate Noxian troops, and the Noxians by their own culture can't let that insult stand. Only the strongest ever deserve to live; there is no place for the weak. If someone punches you, you can't just roll with it if you have the philosophy that only the strong deserve to survive, you have to fight back.

If the Rakkor are as weak as you say then the Noxians by all means should just wipe them out, assuming they hold to their philosophy, and they have the means to do it. But they don't. Probably not because they don't want to, but because they can't. So then the Noxians will have a lot of work on their hands explaining this to themselves. If invasions and conquest is justified by the strong defeating the weak, then the only way to validate themselves and their right to independence in the light of their own philosophy is to either defeat or join the Rakkor.

My guess is that most Noxians are just hypocrites, making an exception for the one that got away but that makes for less interesting discussion.

Also-- don't say that the Noxians "just are better" at war than the Rakkor. You can always state you're stronger than someone else, but there's only one way to prove it, and that is to beat the sh*t out of that other guy. The Noxians haven't done that, so they can't say they're stronger than the Rakkor until they prove it.

The Rakkor on the other hand, have been "proving" their strength all day long.

Look at it this way. You see some knucka on the street, or at school talking s**t about how he's so much more raw than this other dude. But you don't believe him as long as he's saying, not doing. That's all it is. Just talk. You can't say anything until you actually do it.

You know what the Rakkor v Noxians would look like, if they followed your reasoning? That the Noxians are just so much stronger, so much better at war, they just don't do anything about it?

It'd be like some big mouth big dude (Noxians) talking s**t about about how much more raw than this other, tinier, but good at fighting dude (Rakkor), while being regularly sucker punched by that same dude in the hallway during passing period. (Rakkor kicking the Noxians ass, 10 to 1)

Oh, and this big mouth still has done anything. That's the kind picture you're painting of the Noxians right now.

belthazor3457

08-22-2012

This is the most likely scenario for the reasoning behind both Demacia and Noxus not deciding to deal with the Rakkor:

Demacia and Noxus are fighting. The Rakkor are harassing each, but military resources are needed between Demacia and Noxus, as eliminating the Rakkor is a project neither side wants to handle (minor threat or major threat taking priority). As such, neither side is attacking the Rakkor, it's more effective to simply ignore the harassments and redirect troop movements and convoys away from territory that the Rakkor are attacking for more pressing matters (that being that Noxus and Demacia are tossing rune weapons at eachother and are engaged in large scale warfare, much larger than the areas the Rakkor attacks).

This is a basic military principle. If it's a waste of time and resources and doesn't contribute to the overall goal, it is usually a waste of time. Neither Demacia nor Noxus will deal with the Rakkor because on the large scale they are a minor problem. The territory they control and influence is small, and it's more effective for Demacia and Noxus to focus on the larger problem - that being, eachother, Demacia and Noxus.

Eventually, peace was moved about because the league of legends formed. Neither Demacia nor Noxus won the war, therefor the time to attack the Rakkor never took place. As the Rakkor are represented in the league of legends, off-the-field-of-justice attacks between the Demacians, Rakkor, and Noxians, are no longer allowed. Thus, the Rakkor had to stop attacking Demacian and Noxian patrols, and the Demacians and Noxians had to avoid attacking the Rakkor.

That is still not the Rakkor "kicking ass" - I would not consider myself to be "kicking ass" if I harassed a nation that was preoccupied with a different, more important threat, and avoided immediate retaliation because of this third party (The Noxians when attacking Demacians, and the Demacians when attacking Noxians) that is not a sign of better military strength.

You asked why the Noxians would not simply adopt the Rakkor philosophies. I answered that question. The Rakkor have not been proving their strength. They've been harassing troop movements from the Demacians and Noxians, while these two nations were at war with eachother, and each of these nations controlled vastly more territory than the Rakkor did and had many different fronts and troop movements to deal with. The Rakkor do not merit immediate attention from either side. If the Rakkor went to war with Demacia or Noxus outright and attempted to conquer territory, then they would be proving their strength.

"I can harass an enemy that has more important things to do than deal with me." is not "kicking ass" or a sign of superior military power worthy of adopting their practices and policies. And because the league of legends was established and the Rakkor are represented, the Rakkor have to stop attacking Demacia and Noxus, and Demacia and Noxus can't attack the Rakkor. That's the rule. Because Demacia and Noxus did not defeat eachother before the league of legends was established, the Rakkor were never a threat moved to the forefront.

So, you're effectively asking me, why don't I contribute a larger amount of military assets to deal with a minor threat when I already have a major threat to deal with. So, I ask you... why would I do that?

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

I think as i said some Noxians respect the Rakkor's combat prowess but the resources aren't there to warrant a military response
The rakkor control a mountain of no real value it would be far better to ask why Frejord is not overran