How to win when they turtle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-17-2012

So we destroyed their 2 inhibitors, but we weren't able to take down their central base turret and they just started turtling.... now what?

ps: I know it's better not to take the inhibitors if we can't take the Nexus too, this is not my question. I'm asking what to do when we already failed in taking down their Nexus and the enemies start to turtling below their base turret.

Goggris

08-17-2012

Suicide for turret when you have two huge waves approaching. Even if they ace you they won't be able to push back fast enough to make a difference, and when you respawn you have easy access to nexus.

SheriffV2

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Suicide for turret when you have two huge waves approaching. Even if they ace you they won't be able to push back fast enough to make a difference, and when you respawn you have easy access to nexus.
Doesn't work...

Even if you suicide and get Turret, they can just push all the way to your Nexus and win before you respawn.

Goggris

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffV2 View Post
Doesn't work...

Even if you suicide and get Turret, they can just push all the way to your Nexus and win before you respawn.
Not with two waves of supers beating down theirs, and from what I understand is a full set of towers and inhibitors protecting yours.

That being said, I've never really had a problem with turtling. I can't remember the last game I played that the enemy turtled and came back to win. On the opposite side, I have turtled several games I was significantly behind to come back and win against the team that didn't know how to deal with it.

PhoEater

08-17-2012

What I typically do on TT is to actually not take their inhibitor unless I can for sure take their nexus turret as well in the same push.

an N M E

08-17-2012

Yeah, it's generally a good idea not to feed them supers until you're fairly certain you can push for win sometime soon.

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

don't take inhibs until you know you can win

Judas Priest

08-18-2012

Guys, I know that it's better not to take down the inhibitors if we can't take their Nexus too, but this is not my question, I already know this. I'm asking what to do when the attempt to take their Nexus fail. What should we do when unfortunatelly we took their 2 inhibitors already and the enemies now are baiting minions into their altar and just turtling below their base turret. How to win in this situation?

SpiralinISqwerty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Try to get one kill on an enemy champion, then suicide for the nexus turret.

Suicide works better with two inhibs down.

an N M E

08-18-2012

Usually, if you're such a dominating position, forcing a skirmish under their nexus turret usually ends horribly for the opposing team. Just group up and rush their turret, have your tankiest mate eat the shots. When they come to contest, just smash them.