Last Hitting Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmericanHat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2013

So, I've been playing League for a little while now, but my current issue is I still am terrible at last hitting. I gauge and try to say "Oh, hit it now", but it's either a sliver of health too far, or as the arrow/bullet/bolt(depends on champ) hits, the minion is killed already.

Any tips to help with this issue, or any usual time/Minion ratios I should aim for in Bot games before I try doing ADC seriously in actual PVP?

Shottymaster

02-17-2013

Try to gauge how many minions are attacking the one you're trying to last hit, and know how much damage you do in one hit. A lot of it boils down to experience, but you can make it easier on yourself by clicking the minion to see exactly how much HP it has, comparing that with your AD, and attacking it right when it hits the threshold where you would kill it. Prioritize minions that are taking a lot of hits so that your minions won't kill those.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

It'll come with experience. You could try practicing in custom games with no opposition, then against bots, and work your way up.

As a jungle main, I actually still suck at last hitting, since it's never something I have to practice, so beyond that I don't have much advice for you.

AmericanHat

Recruiter

02-17-2013

Yea, Sereg, I've been a Jungle main in our group and I absolutely love it, but I like certain ADCs a lot, and want to vary up the roles a little. Mostly because ADC is the least wanted spot in our group of friends.

Jungling is very relaxing by comparison to the laning phase of an ADC, and I love it. I just need to get better at being a last hitter, heh.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-17-2013

No one has said it yet, but this is very important.

If you left click on a target, their information appears in the upper left corner. This includes HP. Because minions have nearly 0 resistance, once they have as much HP as you have AD, then you can hit them. But keep in mind that looking at two places at once is difficult, and each champion's attack animation has different speeds, so be aware of these things.

This is also helpful when jungling. You can look at monsters' HP to see exactly when you can "last hit" it with your smite.

Amaltron

Recruiter

02-17-2013

Make a custom game with you only. Buy whatever starting item you usually start with then try to hit 90 CS in 10 minutes without shopping. If you can achieve that, move on to adding bots so you can harass/get harassed while CSing.

If you need help CSing, get the 2 points in AD and minion damage in offensive tree. If you need more help, run a few AD runes.

Shottymaster

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiSkErTeMx73744 View Post
No one has said it yet, but this is very important.

If you left click on a target, their information appears in the upper left corner. This includes HP. Because minions have nearly 0 resistance, once they have as much HP as you have AD, then you can hit them. But keep in mind that looking at two places at once is difficult, and each champion's attack animation has different speeds, so be aware of these things.

This is also helpful when jungling. You can look at monsters' HP to see exactly when you can "last hit" it with your smite.
I said that in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shottymaster View Post
you can make it easier on yourself by clicking the minion to see exactly how much HP it has, comparing that with your AD, and attacking it right when it hits the threshold where you would kill it.

Shardicus

02-17-2013

Well, literally the first thing I do as soon as minions clash is autoattack an enemy minion and make a mental note of how much damage it does. I use that information plus the knowledge of my autoattack's animation speed to determine when minions are just low enough that I can kill them. There should be an option somewhere to show the damage numbers and stuff. If you're building attack speed on a champion, you can generally just autoattack through minion waves and get every last hit, if you're throwing attacks a lot faster than your team's minions. Also, some resourceless champions like Vladimir can spam some of their abilities to last-hit, as long as you keep an eye out for situations in which you need to reserve them for champions, as they don't have any mana to run out of.