<Open RP> The Emerald Carnival

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

In this RP I will be introducing a carnival of sorts, including games, quests, arena's, RP-PvP, concessions and more!

Quote:
COME ONE, COME ALL
THE EMERALD CARNIVAL**

The newest attraction to come into Runeterra!
Games!
Fighting!
Food!
Quests!
Rides!

Grand Opening next week featuring musical guest Pentakill*!
Beer tent open all day!

We have something for everybody with sections dedicated to every nation including Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, and more!

LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP SET-UP!
VOLUNTEERS GET FREE ADMISSION!
Located at the end of the Serpentine River

*may be substituted by Demacian Polka Band
**looking for additional funding
Veteran summoner Trax "Boogeybeast" Munder sat at his desk, exhausted as he drew the finishing touches on the advertisement. He called for his secretary, "Annyala!", he heard a sigh and the door to his office opened. He held up the poster, "Get this copied and have copies sent everywhere, I want a big turn-out for this," He laid back and let Annyala and the rest of his staff take care of the rest.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Next week

Trax stood at the entrance to the faire grounds, he held a large stack of agenda's which he would hand out to anyone coming in. His flyers had generated quite a bit of buzz and the line in front of him was huge. He held out one finger and quickly brought it downwards. The ribbon barring the entrance fell, cut in half. "WE'RE OPEN!" he yelled.

Boogeybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Nite approached the faire grounds with trepidation, when a flyer had been delivered right to his door in the forests of Ionia he took it because the messenger looked exhausted. He had never planned on actually going to the affair but when he showed up he was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. The moment he stepped in he was sucked into the mood of the place. He was assaulted by a variety of smells, sights and sounds. From performers and vendors to a few minor celebrities to other faire-goers, there were hundreds of people and Nite had just stepped in. He immediately headed to the Ionian section, which had a flourishing grove, intricate vendor stands and magically silenced tents for meditation. Nite immediately went into one of the "Quiet tents" and sat on a large cushion. He sighed in relief and comfort before settling down to rest for awhile.

Boogeybeast

08-19-2012

((selfish bump))

Enemysbane

08-19-2012

Bran absorbed the sights of the carnival as he entered the grounds. He was amazed at the variety that was presented. One of the performances that he was drawn to was a band of Ionian knife throwers. He watched, awed by their precision, as they sent knives past and over each other in a remarkable display of accuracy. They hit their target every time. Inevitably, they started juggling the knives. That was when he left. It was another skillful act, but not one that he was in the mood for. Why juggle knives when you could stick them in something?

After having an agenda handed to him by someone, he began perusing it for available quests. Being a messenger was fine, but he was tired of running around carrying letters for other people all the time. It wasn't bad, but most of the recipients usually wanted to smash something afterwards. He frowned at the list, trying to decide which one would be best to take.

"I really need to change my client base. Now....which one?"

((Good idea, but it seems like you need some more information available.What games? What fighting? What rides are recommended? Is there a quest booth or information board of some sort? For those who are using the Bank of Valoran: Does the food have a general cost? For those that might want to cause trouble: What guards? [It appears that people don't like to make up the environment around them].))

[I'm fairly new to RPing, so I'm sorry if I'm being too picky. If I'm wrong or out of line, then feel free to rant at me and I'll remove this thought.]

Farnbil

08-19-2012

Patiere walked at an excited pace while Mao followed behind. They donned their casual clothes to combat the heat. "What are we going to see first?" asked Mao as she stared wide eyed at the carnival. "It's doesn't look like anything new from what we've already experienced. And too many people..."

"That's where the fun is!" Patiere reassured. "I'm telling you, crowds are much more bearable when everyone isn't watching you all at once."

"And the events?"

Patiere pointed out Trax in the distance. "Let's ask that fellow over there for a flyer." After checking her pockets, Patiere greeted him with a smile. "How's it going! We're here to volunteer!"

Mao nearly had a heart attack. "What!?"

"I forgot my wallet, dear. Is you costume back at the wagon?"

"Yes." sighed Mao. She turned to Trax. "We're from Arch-an-gel, the travelling circus. I'm Mao and this is my mentor Patiere."

"We're the lead performers. Have you heard of our troupe?"

Boogeybeast

08-22-2012

((It's fairly open ended, feel free to make up your own rides, your own amusements, I'll post on an as-needed basis, it's another one of those hang-out threads, I hope to see alot of people come and go, even champions. As far as prices go, it depends where in the Faire you are, places like the Ionian area will generally be charitable or free/non-profit, as opposed to the Noxian centre which will most likely end up with your wallet being lighter, giving due to the true Noxian experience, but you do bring up a good point about security, hopefully a good bruiser will volunteer, but if not then I may just introduce a security task force should one be needed. I'll run the arena, and certain larger scale games, etc. I'm leaving this fairly open ended and am open to ideas, as for quests, talk to someone with a big foamy exclamation mark above their head, they'll be all around the faire grounds))

Trax pulled off his hat and dipped into a low bow, "Well hello Mao and Patiere of Arch-an-gel, I am embarassed to say that I have not heard of your troupe, but please tell me more! I am always looking for new acts and attractions to enlighten my customers and improve the carnival!"

Farnbil

08-22-2012

With an enthusiastic grin, Patiere nodded in return. "We're a modest lot, around a hundred people strong. Our big multicultural focus is much like your carnival here. You'd agree that bringing it all together is quite an adventure, yes?"

"We're always travelling." added Mao with trepidation. "As the lead performers, we sort of go our own way a lot of the time to do contracts."

"And the occasional one-night stand wouldn't hurt now would it Mao?"

The girl thought it over. She stared at Patiere's hips. "Okay." she said.

Enemysbane

08-22-2012

Bran chose an interesting looking proposal and started walking towards the Demacian beer tent. When he reached the tent, he moved casually over to table 5 and sat down. Eyeing the man across from him, Bran shook his head. The disheveled man was most definitely drunk. On the other hand, his business suit showed him to be a man of some wealth. After a moment's consideration, Bran addressed him as such.

"Excuse me. Mr. Krane?"

Bran showed him the shortly worded request.

"I believe you lost something? I think I can help."

((Will you be doing the quests?))

Ms Annie Hastur

08-22-2012

Annie sat in a tree overlooking the events. Thick foliage, and in the middle of the set up. People watching seemed to have become a pass time for her.

Places like this were quite fun to watch.