Having trouble against lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

08-18-2012

Mainly as a melee. When fighting her, I'm permanently snared, and she seems to shield all my damage. Dodging skill shots is easy on the laning phase, but one on one, I cannot beat her.

Any tips for a noob?

ProPlayerEd

08-18-2012

Just be prepared at all times for a side step to avoid a skill shot.

Just never go straight unless you know for-sure that she won't bind you due to CD or oom. ALWAYS go in a Zig-Zag walk to avoid skill shots but don't make a pattern or you'll get caught.

Gurhal

08-18-2012

I'm usually playing as a Tryndamere these days, and I'm not yet lvl30... But so far, the best Lux I found was pretty hard to kill, but not invencible. You have to coordinate with your team so you they can silence/stun her, and then you charge in and nuke her to the oblivion.

Cenerae

08-18-2012

Her only real defence is her snare. You know it, she knows it. Try to mindgame her into whiffing it.

If you can catch her, she should go down easily, so just put the focus on not moving predictably.

Korodon

08-18-2012

Lux excels at dominating opponents who can't match her range or close the gap with her. As a melee champ, you are at an immediate disadvantage unless you have a silence or a leap/blink. Lacking those, you will probably not beat a good Lux, just as she's not going to beat a good Leblanc. If you are a tanky champ, she at least probably won't kill you.

If you can dodge/absorb her snare and AOE, she will be harmless for the next 10 seconds. In that case, aggressively attack her. There's nothing a Lux loves more than someone who sits still, so don't be a predictable target. If all else fails, switch lanes. If her snare is down, she will probably play passively, because it's the spell she uses to control solo encounters. If she doesn't play passively, punish her for it. Lux is a very squishy champ, so she needs that snare to protect herself (the shield is actually a secondary defense).

Perhaps the most important thing to do is stay behind your minions. They will absorb her snare. It can hit up to two targets, and the second target takes half the snare and half the damage. This will also force her to push the lane if she wants to harass you with her AOE, which will open her to ganks (or at least give you the chance to farm). Lux's slow and snare won't help her against attackers from multiple angles.

At level 6, Lux is capable of laying out a massive burst. If you're low on health, just recall. You are not safe at your tower. She WILL snipe you if given the chance, even a good distance from you. For example, by throwing E -> explode E -> R (procs her passive), she'll do 520 magic damage before AP (and her full combo would do even more). Once she builds up AP and MPEN, she can burst down squishy 30MR targets from full health.

It's pretty rare to be a non-mage non-assasin mid vs Lux. So if she's the support, treat her like Blitzcrank - keep minions between you and her and don't let her snare you. As a support she can accidentally push lanes with her harass, opening a jungle gank opportunity. At level 6, her high burst can very easily surprise the AD carry if she has harassed well (sometimes accidentally denying her carry the kill or even assist).

Later game, if you encounter her solo, she's likely to simply try to escape unless you're a low-MR or low-max-HP carry. In that case she might burst you down from full HP before running off. Lux does not excel at prolonged duels with tanks or off-tanks, or anyone that can silence or dodge her spells. Generally, outside of lane, she either kills you in the first salvo or she doesn't.