What do you think about the Suggestion?

I think this is something that I would like to see happen 1 33.33%
I don't think this is a good idea 1 33.33%
Maybe on a different item. I like YGB too much to give it up 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Item Suggestion [Rework of Youmuu's Ghostblade] A real GHOSTblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

08-18-2012

Let me just start out by saying that I am not implying that there is a balance problem with Youmuu's in the first place. Nor am I even trying to pretend the numbers of which that I suggested are balanced either. I am just throwing out a idea I had that might be fun.

So here's the reference for Youmuu's Ghostblade if anyone needs it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaguepedia
Effects:
+30 attack damage
+15% critical strike chance

Passive:
Unique: +15% cooldown reduction
Unique: +20 armor penetration

Active:
Unique: Gain +50% attack speed and +20% movement speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemies with melee basic attacks increases the duration by 2 seconds per attack to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Cost: 2,687g (600g)

Sell Value: 1,880g

Pretty simple, right? It's an item that gives decent AD, Crit%, armor pen and CDR, with an active that is basically a free highlander to any melee champ willing to use it.

Well, here's my suggestion:

NEW Active:
Unique: Gain +50% attack speed and lose 75 Movement Speed (MS regenerates over the duration) for 0.75 seconds. Champion becomes ethereal and stealthed and cannot be damaged by any source. Nor can the champion damage or CC other enemy champions. Attacking enemies with melee basic attacks increases the duration of the buff, debuff and stealth by 0.75 seconds per attack to a maximum of 2 seconds. Attacking enemies will briefly reveal the champion. 150 second cooldown.

NEW Cost: 3,287g (1200g)

Note: Active emits the iconic "Youmuu's Ghostblade" sound to all nearby players, even if the champion is already out of sight.

Why this suggestion?

Well first of all, it fits in better with the name itself, "Ghostblade". While the active is awesome, I didn't feel very much like a ghost, running straight into the enemy carries and killing them all in four hits. Or in the other case, where I would get hit by a stun and get destroyed.

Second of all, it seems like a much more fun item to use. The old active, while fun, didn't add a whole lot other than pumping up your steroids to even more ridiculous levels. This item lets you actually survive those teamfights, escape, juke like a madman, or make your way all the way to those carries in the back while feeling like the assassin you are, doing it.

Finally, it help fix that continual problem of melee DPS carries getting blown to kingdom come in any kind of competitive game. I don't think it will help low levels much, I imagine someone popping it as Master Yi, running stupidly into the middle of the team, and then dying as soon as his stealth wears off, or even before if the enemy AP is good with their AoE. You know what I'm talking about. Those guys.

On the other hand, don't you want to see what kind of awesome stuff pros can come up with this? I'm thinking something like pop the Ghostblade, attack to reveal yourself for a second and extend the duration, then flash behind the enemy team while they frantically run from the spot they last saw you, your stealth wards off, then profit! It's like the Zhonya's Hourglass of melee carries.

Wait, what if I just build this as someone like Darius, or Sion, or pretty much anyone else, and then just become even more unkillable with it, or use it to do so OP stuff with my ult?

First, it's an awfully large investment on someone like Amumu, for something they don't really need (3287g). Second, good luck hitting anyone in a fight with 0.75 seconds to land a melee attack, and -75 movement speed to boot. And if you do, congrats, you have just CC'd yourself for 2 seconds, during that time your enemies will gladly eat your carries alive. And then you. This item is meant to be a stealthy repositioning tool for Melee carries, and without some kind of gap-closer, you're not going anywhere fast. Note that while you can't actually affect anyone with any kind of grab, pull, or any direct reposition, you can definitely reposition yourself, albiet for no damage.

This item too OP. Youmuu's Ghostblade already balanced, it doesn't need buff/nerf. Why you so stupid, Poster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaolong
I am not implying that there is a balance problem with Youmuu's in the first place. Nor am I even trying to pretend the numbers of which that I suggested might be balanced either. I am just throwing out a idea I had that might be fun.
Because someone will miss the note on the top of the page. There's always someone.

NineballCirno

08-18-2012

I don't think this item is a good idea. A reduction in MS is counter-intuitive to the purposes of repositioning. The inability to harm enemy champions makes the attack speed increase pointless, not to mention that the active cannot be extended in the case of using Youmuu's to chase an enemy champion.

MiaoLong

08-18-2012

The attack speed increase is so you don't miss out on your timing to extend the duration of the stealth, since it is so short, timing is essential, you don't want to have it useless just because your AS was not high enough to take advantage of the attack extension. Thus your AS increase during that time to help out with that.

The Movement speed reduction is to prevent abuse from tankier melee characters from exploiting it. The primary way to get around is to use a gap-closer, to get behind the enemy, use flash, use ghost, and then kill their carries. The three champions who would benefit from this the most (tyrn, fiora, and yi) all have ways of making the MS reduction basically moot, while someone like Sion does not.