Viktor rework?? =D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supersaucie

08-18-2012

Do have to point out that his lazer is probably the best poke/harass spell you can get early on, outmatched by VERY few spells (The ones coming to mind being Corki and Kog'Maw, but they deal nowhere near the damage that Victor's lazer does, since it's a HEAVY damage spell.). The only thing I feel he might really need is mana regen, and the removal of the god-forsaken Hex Core. Hate it.

DesertFox

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
You've failed to comprehend what a "rework" is for LoL champions then.

A Rework is not a buff.
It's a shifting of strengths and weaknesses to make the champion more consistent and cohesive, so they are more viable in their respective niche and easier to buff.

In addition, Viktor is actually very strong base-stat wise. His problem is having an item forced upon his build when it doesn't feel optimal.
What do you think will happen if that item becomes optimal when he's already at the level of other Casters kit-wise?
He'll be OP and need nerfs in some area. That's why he's getting a rework, not a buff.
Well the fact that he possess HUGE CD and mana problems, base damage is only fair, don't you think?

DesertFox

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersaucie View Post
Do have to point out that his lazer is probably the best poke/harass spell you can get early on, outmatched by VERY few spells (The ones coming to mind being Corki and Kog'Maw, but they deal nowhere near the damage that Victor's lazer does, since it's a HEAVY damage spell.). The only thing I feel he might really need is mana regen, and the removal of the god-forsaken Hex Core. Hate it.
The range only outshine others by a tiny scratch. Early game, (level 1~3ish) It doesn't hurt. I run mp marks, flat mana regen seals, ap per level glyphs and flat ap quints. It is a very aggressive setup, yet it is not nearly as effective when I play other AP bursts such as Brand, Annie, etc.

cursedreject

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Honestly, I want tweaks to his shield travel speed, scalings. Then his laser travel speed need increase, increase width and range too. And definitely rid of the invisible bug. The gravity field is good in team fights but horrid in 1v1s, I suggest double the slow ==>stun shift speed in 1 v 1 situations. I would LOVE to control my storm after death too. Also some mana regen would be much appreciated (lowest so far). Tier 2 augments would be most needed ATM with a decreased cost of 500 each upgrade. It's only fair imo
i main viktor and now and i agree with the shield
most of the time it doesnt get back to me in time to nullify damage since the range on it is so short that the enemy would attack me the same time i'd use power transfer

his laser just needs a bug fix sometimes it doesnt attack when it clearly lands but increasing width AND range is not necessary
that seems too strong already especially with its burst once you get the augment
it isn't that hard to lane but at the same time it isn't that hard to avoid, buffing both of those aspects would make his laser too strong imo

i agree with the ult, i could probably secure much more kills if i were able to control his ult post mortem

and mana regen, i dont think so. he's fine i never run out of mana unless i do some crazy play, a dorans ring suffices for harassing and last hitting early game

and yes his passive needs more work for late game it really becomes a hindrance then

MadDoughnutz

08-18-2012

His passive is the biggest thing that needs a rework. It's a passive that takes away from you. I mean, an item that is FORCED on you that gives some AP, that you have to spend gold on to upgrade for an effect that is debatable alright, in exchange for an item slot that could be used for something else more important? That's not cool. I love Viktor and his kit, it's really fun, but his passive it's not effective at all for the price(item slot) you pay.

n00bstomper000

08-18-2012

His skills don't need a rework but his passive is in a huge need of one. While it is very unique, it takes away from potential . I have a few ideas.
1. Make it like Rengar's item. He has the option to purchase it, but can choose to ignore it if he chooses. This means he'll need a completely new passive. Is it really fair for a champion to come out with a unique item and a passive while his passive is the unique item?
2. Have multiple upgrades available, each costing more as u buy more. That way, he is truly unique without being weaker than most mages. Also, this will allow him to snowball better into late game. While he is good in team fights, he lacks burst potential compared to other mages. If he gets a decent amount of AP items and fully upgraded passive, then he'll be much better.

DesertFox

08-18-2012

I think that so far that passive is not an advantage in anyway. Viktor would be better off with a regular combat passive. item slots will not work as it cost money and it's incredibly hard to accurately balance the item to be on-par.

Orîon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

his hex core enables him to reach above 100 ability power before you even reach level 6.

viktor is perfectly fine, his hex core is good too, i don't know why people ****ing hate it because the enemy is surrendering before you are able to even get a full build.

Ancient Pire

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Honestly, I want tweaks to his shield travel speed, scalings. Then his laser travel speed need increase, increase width and range too. And definitely rid of the invisible bug. The gravity field is good in team fights but horrid in 1v1s, I suggest double the slow ==>stun shift speed in 1 v 1 situations. I would LOVE to control my storm after death too. Also some mana regen would be much appreciated (lowest so far). Tier 2 augments would be most needed ATM with a decreased cost of 500 each upgrade. It's only fair imo
umm, i played him when he was free against full level 30, 300+ wins and i have to say hes fine the way he is besides his passive. his gravity field is fine the way it is, and so is his e (what ever you call it) just my opionion tho

Tyranous

01-20-2013

I have to say that i dont feel that his special item is in any way a waste of a slot in regards to augment death but for someone who wanted to buff either of their other two abilities then it would be a problem.
But having said that which person that plays viktor would not buy augment death it is in everyway the ability that makes viktor, viktor without it he would just be Viktor, one of the ap carries. and not Viktor, the champ with that stupid laser that always hits me and takes away a third of my health