Viktor rework?? =D

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

08-17-2012

As a blind-buy-upon-release-no-pbe-tested-viktor-vet, I'm absolutely thrilled that a rework is heading his way~ (based on recent threads and also confirmed on wikia.) however, I failed to find specific details about this matter, can anyone assist me in my quest?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BBFSmokedCayenne

Senior Member

08-17-2012

what the hell? viktor doesnt need a rework!! O__O is this a joke? where are your sources? i am mindf*cked right now. you MUST be joking.

random karma rework, random rumor of viktor rework, all these new reworks make me feel like im a f*cking pro considering I r*pe face with these champs in midlane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrmidont

Senior Member

08-17-2012

hes doing a passive rework

and yes his passive needs a rework

the rioter who was doing the xin rework announced that hes doing the vik rework

To be honest though I was more hopeful of that sejuani buff...or slight change w/e

its been months (around 7) since she was released and she hasn't been touched at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lighthorn

Senior Member

08-18-2012

While most likely none of us know what the details are, I believe what's being change is: All three augments are being change so that all three are worth while to go. Right, now, the death augment is the go to item of choice. There might be some kind of a tier system, where you start with the default hextech core--->secondary core----->third core.

I hope that this info is somewhat close, but until we get a red riot post, we will all be waiting in the dark.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Well viktor is in the same rework priority (determined by date of release) as sejuani and hecraim


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthorn View Post
while most likely none of us know what the details are, i believe what's being change is: All three augments are being change so that all three are worth while to go. Right, now, the death augment is the go to item of choice. There might be some kind of a tier system, where you start with the default hextech core--->secondary core----->third core.

I hope that this info is somewhat close, but until we get a red riot post, we will all be waiting in the dark.
i need mind comfort (._.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokedCayenne View Post
what the hell? viktor doesnt need a rework!! O__O is this a joke? where are your sources? i am mindf*cked right now. you MUST be joking.

random karma rework, random rumor of viktor rework, all these new reworks make me feel like im a f*cking pro considering I r*pe face with these champs in midlane.
Honestly, I want tweaks to his shield travel speed, scalings. Then his laser travel speed need increase, increase width and range too. And definitely rid of the invisible bug. The gravity field is good in team fights but horrid in 1v1s, I suggest double the slow ==>stun shift speed in 1 v 1 situations. I would LOVE to control my storm after death too. Also some mana regen would be much appreciated (lowest so far). Tier 2 augments would be most needed ATM with a decreased cost of 500 each upgrade. It's only fair imo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Viktor has always been in line for a rework since his release.
This was blatantly obvious because his items lack appeal that made them worth giving up an item slot for.

Viktor will likely have his basic abilities nerfed a little, while having his Hex Core related stats and gameplay buffed significantly so that Viktor can specialize more heavily toward one role.

Currently, Viktor has strong standard abilities. The Augment feels like a small bonus and doesn't actually make a player feel like their play-style has changed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesertFox

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Viktor has always been in line for a rework since his release.
This was blatantly obvious because his items lack appeal that made them worth giving up an item slot for.

Viktor will likely have his basic abilities nerfed a little, while having his Hex Core related stats and gameplay buffed significantly so that Viktor can specialize more heavily toward one role.

Currently, Viktor has strong standard abilities. The Augment feels like a small bonus and doesn't actually make a player feel like their play-style has changed.
I honestly think that the last thing Viktor need is a nerf. He is in need much like my above post; his HUGE cd and skill shot difficulty more than make up for his abilities base damage and scalings


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
I honestly think that the last thing Viktor need is a nerf. He is in need much like my above post; his HUGE cd and skill shot difficulty more than make up for his abilities base damage and scalings
You've failed to comprehend what a "rework" is for LoL champions then.

A Rework is not a buff.
It's a shifting of strengths and weaknesses to make the champion more consistent and cohesive, so they are more viable in their respective niche and easier to buff.



In addition, Viktor is actually very strong base-stat wise. His problem is having an item forced upon his build when it doesn't feel optimal.
What do you think will happen if that item becomes optimal when he's already at the level of other Casters kit-wise?
He'll be OP and need nerfs in some area. That's why he's getting a rework, not a buff.


12