Inside Design: Rengar’s Mechanics

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahrimal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGY FIJ DOG View Post
When will he be coming out?
Soon (tm)

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

I'm not seeing what makes the Bone tooth locket fair... It's a Rengar only item that's more stable stack item then anyone else gets...

Should a team fight swing your way, you can easily get 2-4 assists. And chances are you won't die 2-4 time before the next team fight...

Lv 99 Rl0TEN

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Zenith View Post
I'm not seeing what makes the Bone tooth locket fair... It's a Rengar only item that's more stable stack item then anyone else gets...

Should a team fight swing your way, you can easily get 2-4 assists. And chances are you won't die 2-4 time before the next team fight...
First..Bonetooth Necklace*.

And simply by denying Rengar a good early game you take away any base snowballiness he has and makes him even less snowballable with his necklace. So simply put..Aggressive laning will win the day.

In teamfights he is a melee champ. So that means he has to get up close to the action to do anything much less live to get a stack. Just be aggressive toward him and and make him one of your focuses. For example their team comp is.. Shen, Annie, Vayne, Rengar, and Udyr. Focus Vayne..by that time you've ought've lost at least one champ from both sides..now focus Annie, then Rengar.

Even both if you didn't lose anybody. He will most likely still be able to get one stack from it. So unless they're dominating teamfights you have a comfortable window in which you can push. Rengar + a drawn out game or having been fed is very hard to shut down.

Edit: And keep in mind that because its relatively easy to get stacks if you let him the effects are big yes..but not game changing. Increased leap range..more ad..cd reduction and an instant Ferocity bar is strong yes..but I consider Mejai's to be stronger as a snowbally item for casters.

And remember the values are always subject to change. Feel free to present an enticing argument. Sorry for the wall of text.

Xenîth

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio10ngu View Post
First..Bonetooth Necklace*.

And simply by denying Rengar a good early game you take away any base snowballiness he has and makes him even less snowballable with his necklace. So simply put..Aggressive laning will win the day.

In teamfights he is a melee champ. So that means he has to get up close to the action to do anything much less live to get a stack. Just be aggressive toward him and and make him one of your focuses. For example their team comp is.. Shen, Annie, Vayne, Rengar, and Udyr. Focus Vayne..by that time you've ought've lost at least one champ from both sides..now focus Annie, then Rengar.

Even both if you didn't lose anybody. He will most likely still be able to get one stack from it. So unless they're dominating teamfights you have a comfortable window in which you can push. Rengar + a drawn out game or having been fed is very hard to shut down.

Edit: And keep in mind that because its relatively easy to get stacks if you let him the effects are big yes..but not game changing. Increased leap range..more ad..cd reduction and an instant Ferocity bar is strong yes..but I consider Mejai's to be stronger as a snowbally item for casters.

And remember the values are always subject to change. Feel free to present an enticing argument. Sorry for the wall of text.
Naw its good to here reasoning behind it.

And I'm just worried to the fact the shutting down Rengar might not be rewarding. I mean, we found Mejai and Occult fair since it was high risk/high reward type item. Where as Rengar's seem low risk/medium reward.

Willard Filmore

08-18-2012

People seem to be getting upset about his Q. Just stay away from bushes so then he can't leap at you.

Axoros

08-18-2012

I'm so excited for Rengar!!

If you want to learn how to get this champ without paying a penny watch this tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH5WxxQz5xA

Shadow Master

08-18-2012

I think all the snowball items should work like the necklace and only lose one stack per death.

Mikomi

08-18-2012

For the new item, after getting three trophies and the buff, and going onto getting another 3 to have 6 in total, do you keep the buffs you had at 3 trophies, and on top of that get the extra buff from the new trophy level, or does it just switch buffs?

Kharma Almanpena

08-18-2012

About the Bonetooth Necklace, do you remember that viktor's pasive is an object of the shop? and even that object is not that good as rengar's necklace?
So poor viktor has a aweful pasive in comparison with rengar's and, even more, rengar has an awesome item that can buy in shop and just for him.
Do you realize that you are not creating balanced champions?

BioHazardBN

08-18-2012

release the kreken!!!!!!