[Suggestion] Ranked champ select reporting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zieka

08-17-2012

I just wanted to post a suggestion and see if anyone else agrees that something has to be done about blatant trolls at the champion select screen of ranked queue.

Suggestion:

Implement some system to allow players to report other players at the champion select screen.

Example:
If the character receives 3+ reports the following occurs:

1. The chat log is documented.
2. If someone drops from the character select screen all players with 3+ reports also recieve a queue time penalty.
3. The case can be used against them in tribunal.

I am glad the elo cost of dropping has been removed but I find it absurd that the queue time hit never goes to these trolls and, in fact, they see no repercussion at all. I don't mind taking the queue time hit if I knew these trolls would face consequences.

I quickly pieced this example together so I am sure it can be refined and I am sure Riot can come up with something that works. Once again, I just feel it is absurd that people queue rank games with the mentality of throwing the game unless they get everything they want (bans, roles, champs, etc.)

Grievouss

09-01-2012

A great solution to a very annoying problem. I came onto these forums just now to suggest such a system: always search first! ^^

killerwave7

09-01-2012

bump, a refined system on this would work well, take out the Q time penalty (bc ppl will report if they dont get their roles too)

it should be documents and used in tribunal though bc thats not unfair to anyone else

Enknable

09-03-2012

bump

Frost Unit

09-04-2012

Good solution.
/support

killerwave7

09-04-2012

will keep bumping this to show my intent:

a refined system on this would work well, take out the Q time penalty (bc ppl will report if they dont get their roles too)

it should be documents and used in tribunal though bc thats not unfair to anyone else

Sarkhon

09-05-2012

Actually this is a pretty good idea... One of the things I hate the most is when all but one person selects their role and agree's on the roles, and then someone picks something without saying a thing... Example..

Everyone call's a role. Mid is left, and our second pick picks Sion. Great, AP Sion is reasonable, if not my favorite, but it's not awful... Until I make sure he's going AP...

"AP?? Not me, I'm all AD baby!" (direct quote)

Where is he taking that Sion??

"Bot lane I guess... I don't know how this works. This is my first draft game

....... This is ranked. We end up winning, but he ends up going 0/12 before getting a kill. Awful... Now, I tried my best to help, but some people just don't listen.. and there has to be something that can be done about this...

Salvation122

09-06-2012

This would be very, very helpful. Something desperately needs to be done about trolls in solo queue; forcing me to either deal with a miserable game or take a half-hour time out because someone else is screwing me over at champ select drastically reduces my desire to play.

Edit: Also apparently the forum software isn't registering my decision to abide by the Summoner's Code, so go figure.

seleleth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

This isn't EXACTLY what you're looking for, but it would actually help the issue you're concerned with a great deal, as the IP rewards would be affected by the experience players provide BEFORE, during, and even after the match.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1788640

killerwave7

09-21-2012

will keep bumping this to show my intent:

a refined system on this would work well, take out the Q time penalty (bc ppl will report if they dont get their roles too)