Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Adjusting the Surrender Votes....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cDc Chibi

08-17-2012

Hello Summoners. I'd like to propose an idea , of which is NOT mine.

While watching GuardsmanBob stream, he was explaining how he really disliked the surrender process. He had 2 people who had DCed early on, and he found it a little ridiculous that he had to wait 15 minutes before he could surrender.

So here is what his idea was (with my adjustments implemented):

Instead of having to wait to surrender for 20 minutes, drop the time according to how many players have been disconnected for over 2-4 minutes.:
This allows a game that is obviously lost to be discontinued quicker then having to waste 20 minutes of life =P.

Should the surrender vote be passed under 20 minutes, the Winning team gains 1/3 -OR- Half of the experience and IP that the Surrendering team would have gotten. However the surrendering team receives no experience or IP.:
This allows a fair trade between the winning team and the surrendering team. If you are going to be put into a game and then have it surrendered, then you just wasted time in a que and game for no reason. Therefore, if you win, then there should be a trade off. Its no ones fault for having people play League Of Legends on there iPads, but if you chose to surrender under the original time limit, no matter what, then there needs to be an accomplice.

If a team has 5-N/A deaths in under 3-5 minutes, ( and this of course should and can be adjusted accordingly throughout the game, as time passes, until 20 minutes have transpired ), then that team should be able to surrender without having to suffer any longer.:
With this ruling, players will NOT have to deal with feeders and trolls for 20 minutes or more. This gets rid of wasting time with people who act in such a manner. People can re-que themselves, and get qued with a better group of people. This also creates less demoralization. No one likes to be in a game for 20 minutes trying there hardest, and then see their team fail on them. Its kills the spirit of the game, and makes people quit League for the day or for a few hours.

So, I really hope that these suggestions are put into consideration. Most of the adjustments are mine ideas, the concept for adjusting the surrender votes were GuardsmanBob's. Thank you again,

Sincerely,
Chibi

Zerakou

08-17-2012

I dont agree with the last one at all.. At that early in the game as long as your team doesnt go "GG I feed now" there is still a good chance you could win.

But i like the other ideas.

GapingGoomy

08-17-2012

Who else thinks no votes should count as an abstain so a 3/1 vote with 5 people should be a surrender

porcha911

08-18-2012

[it be more fun if ( option menu ) we could have to enable or disable surrender so player that want to play with none surrender player..only.... i won so many game loosing 90 kill to 57 and we won because we use tactical instead of pure power ( its very fun to beat a team that think that they will win ) surrender prove you like to loose ......

and how often do you died because of the stupid surrender bar ....during a battle .....

to me this game is to destroy the base not the kill ratio so stop saying waste time because its 20 = 12 and we lost ..... you sometime need more time to get the money to buy the good stuff to change the game .......since you were fitting againt a stronger enemy .....

and its more fun to play 1hr game ....... 20 min game and having basic stuff and level 12

so league of legends make option so we can chose on been looser or fighter player

i have never seen a tournement team surrender so why should we .....this his the only bug in your game

TeknoWizard

08-18-2012

Quote:
RCM94:
Who else thinks no votes should count as an abstain so a 3/1 vote with 5 people should be a surrender

You do realize that an abstention counts as a no, in like every form of voting?

AlphariusRising

08-18-2012

I agree with the first point.

The only time I've really wanted to surrender before 20 minutes was when we had a Jungle Warwick that took smite, and a Gangplank that took Flash/Teleport.

We get into the game. My support Sona was nowhere to be found, and GP's first words were "I jungle ok" and he went and started fighting warwick for jungle farm.

So top lane got free farm and free tower (warwick should have gone top, but it doesn't matter) GP got executed at Golems, I managed to only die once, but got basically only tower farm while their ez got free farm.

Then we got to 20, I /ff, and GP votes no.

That was a painful game.

YourBoner

09-03-2012

Quote:
porcha911:
[it be more fun if ( option menu ) we could have to enable or disable surrender so player that want to play with none surrender player..only.... i won so many game loosing 90 kill to 57 and we won because we use tactical instead of pure power ( its very fun to beat a team that think that they will win ) surrender prove you like to loose ......

and how often do you died because of the stupid surrender bar ....during a battle .....

to me this game is to destroy the base not the kill ratio so stop saying waste time because its 20 = 12 and we lost ..... you sometime need more time to get the money to buy the good stuff to change the game .......since you were fitting againt a stronger enemy .....

and its more fun to play 1hr game ....... 20 min game and having basic stuff and level 12

so league of legends make option so we can chose on been looser or fighter player

i have never seen a tournement team surrender so why should we .....this his the only bug in your game

yea i won game like these too before. but if u accumulate all the game like these, you will only win a few of them. so the surrender feature is for ppl who dont wana wast the hour taking a losing bet. secondly, kdr does matter in this game. first it indicates who can take down who better. it matters because u have to take down champs guarding the tower before taking down that tower. secondly, it also indicates how close they are to finishing their build. because more kills likely means more gold. also a significantly more built champ > a less built champ. its people like you in lol that makes the community horrible. you feel bad after losing the game, but you dont care to do anything about it cause its too hard to learn.

Xtrordinari

09-03-2012

Quote:
TeknoWizard:
You do realize that an abstention counts as a no, in like every form of voting?

Except that you're wrong, and you missed the point.

Lakashi

09-03-2012

Quote:
Your*****:
yea i won game like these too before. but if u accumulate all the game like these, you will only win a few of them. so the surrender feature is for ppl who dont wana wast the hour taking a losing bet. secondly, kdr does matter in this game. first it indicates who can take down who better. it matters because u have to take down champs guarding the tower before taking down that tower. secondly, it also indicates how close they are to finishing their build. because more kills likely means more gold. also a significantly more built champ > a less built champ. its people like you in lol that makes the community horrible. you feel bad after losing the game, but you dont care to do anything about it cause its too hard to learn.

I agree except that KDR doesn't matter in a game like the one he said where its as close as 20-12 if you have around the same amount of cs and 8 kills divided between the other team it wont make a huge difference in builds.

Sky Mence

09-03-2012

First Suggestion: True dat.
Second Suggestion: Change it so winning team gets normal IP and surrendering team gets 1/2 the IP if they had normally lost.
Third: Do not get it.