The greatest Garen build EVER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainDownie

08-17-2012

Seriously REDICULOUS.

- swiftness boots
- warmogs
- atmas impaler
- force of nature
- infinity edge
- youmuus ghostblade

full armor pen runes
full ad mastery

STEAMROLL ALL DAY LONG

Steakasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Ridiculous*

Jeracci

10-03-2012

truly is just did it nice work

TheLastBaron88

10-03-2012

I personally like for my Garen to have a Triforce with his Infinity Edge, for that Decisive Strike nuke. Youmuus is still a good item though. I usually build warmogs and then decide whether it is more necessary to have a Randuins or Force of nature. Usually decide on Randuins, since the health makes it harder to get nuked, and the armor and passive are just wonderful for fighting ADCs. Not to mention the Actives of Youmuus and Randuins synergize exceptionally well for chasing.

IonDragonX

10-04-2012

I'd rather go:
Merc Treads
Atma's
Sunfire
Force of Nature
Trinity Force
Infinity Edge

Orbital Nuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

If you have a force of nature, then the movement speed will let you sub out the boots of swiftness for a phantom dancer. Between your Q and the ghostblade you should be able to chase people just fine.

Nea De Penserhir

10-04-2012

Who lets Garen farm that much gold?

TheLastBaron88

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Who lets Garen farm that much gold?
Haha Garen makes solo laners hug turrets dude. Boots 3 pots and Decisive Strike for lane dominance.

Ruka Urushibara

10-04-2012

I've been devising a build for garen that provides utility even later in the game. This is a build I've only tried a few times, but have gained moderate success with.

Boots of Choice + 3 Pots -> Brutalizer -> Aegis -> Infinity Edge and Heart of Gold, depending on how well you do -> Youmuu's Ghostblade -> Locket of the Iron Solari/Randuins -> Atma's Impaler/Maw of Malmortius.

Summed up:
Aegis
Boots you want
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Infinity Edge
Locket/Randuins
Atma's/Maw

This build is relatively flexible, and has the side effect of being somewhat cheap if you go Locket/Atma's. Aegis provides everyone with the aura, giving your support a free spot for something like wards, because supports like having spots since they only tend to get 5 of them. The locket's shield can save allies from DoT's and the like, even if it looks negligible on your large health bar. The rest is standard garen.

Pethrax

10-05-2012

Sorry folks, have to jump in on this and say, WTF???

IonDragonX and Ruka Urushibara, you both are wasting the potential of Atma's.

Ion, you have only 1 item that gives health, not counting the Trinity Force as the amount is minor, thus making your Atma's inexcusably inefficient.

Ruka, your build literally only has 1 item that gives bonus health, again, wasting the Atma's potential.

My build is as follows:

Warmog's
Frozen Mallet
Atma's
Sunfire Cape
Youmuu's
Ionian Boots of Lucidity.

This build gives me 2420 bonus health, which, with Garen's Base health at level 18 of 2183, equals a total of 69 damage from Atma's.

Ruka gets 300/350 bonus health from items, meaning that Atma's only gives 37.25/38 damage, less than a B.F.Sword for more than double the cost.

Ion gets 700 bonus health, for a total of 43.25 damage from Atma's, a mere 1.75 less than a B.F.Sword, again, for more than double the cost.

If you get Atma's, please make it worthwhile?