What are some good solo top champions to learn for 1300-1400 elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

For top, I'd recommend Cho, Teemo, Singed, or Malphite. Lee Sin lacks enough impact in the game even if he gets fed. He simply doesn't snowball at all. Cho, Singed and Malphite can all become unkillable tanks that disrupt teamfights and Teemo can completely make the enemy top lane lose hope completely if he gets ahead.

Honestly though, as others say, playing solo top is the worst role to carry yourself at that elo. I think an effective support does better simply with how they can snowball the ADC. Even if you win top, your impact in the game pales compared to winning any other position.

Friesguy

10-29-2012

Darius, Jayce, Rengar, Irelia. You won't need anymore solo tops besides these 4 if you're good with them. Jax, Malphite and Cho'Gath or honorable mentions as well. Vlad also works, but he's a weak laner up top.

Queeficated

11-02-2012

The pick for Solo top depends on what champion you like the best...
For me, Gangplank or Garen is the best because of their farming abilities.
For range top users, Teemo and Vlad etc...
If you suit best for Melee and Burst damage, I suggest someone with quick combo, Talon is one pick. His burst damage is INSANE but has many counters.
Yorick is good against people like Riven, Olaf because of his Ghouls that can farm and damage like crazy from afar.
Garen is good for going head on. Silence and Spin deals a lot of damage that can dominate late game in teamfights, Same with Darius.
Renekton is one of the best solo tops but many players fail at using him because of his E. You just E to fight, deal ton of damage and use E to head out.

Nuff said...
I have even tried Maze top solo and they aren't that bad... For people like Xin, Olaf, Irelia, they have ability to catch up in fights and leave you severely injured or can shut you down.
The most reliable thing for Solo tops are the junnglers, if the jungler is doing good, it should be no problem for you to dominate.
Every champion has a counter in the game, sometimes you try out a champion and you win 12 streak in a row and lose the 13th one, it might feel like you need to switch. Which is perfectly fine, there are many champions you can try and most of them may be common to what you like. Quick damage, Tankiness, Good escape moves with poking abilities.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

YORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYO RICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORI CKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICK YORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYO RICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORI CKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICK YORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICKYORICK

yes i spam, give me a thumbs down if you want,
BUT yorick is stupid in his ability to stay forever in top lane, dodge ganks, push lane and rape face on the Championselect website, as it cleary states no one beats yorick haha.

for these reasons i say learn yorick. he is simple and awsome and destroys everything that is not friendly or ghoulish

Nateman482

11-02-2012

No love for AD Sion around here?

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

... not really. ad sion is hard to use ;\

TheMajestics

11-02-2012

it really depends on your play stile.

I usually pick garen, i can counter most champs. due to his passive and his q-e combo.
Irelia , malphite, yorick, nassus, singed, riven are also good picks.

But in the end it depends on your play stile, your skill and your foe liner skill. Every champ can be counter if u know how.

do not pick wukong or akali or teemo cause an early oracle (like i always do ) will screw you.

lee sin is better as a jungler than as a top liner

pick a champ with a cc as a not harassing skill like garen's q or riven's stun. Other wise the foe liner will simple wait until u use your skill to harass u.

The most important thing for a solo top liner is:
1)Know your champ (which are your strong points, which are your weak points, wich champ u can harass and which one will harras u)
2)Know your foe champ in order to avoid harass or to harass him.
3)Pay attention to your foes moves. It will tell when he is planing to harass u
4)Ward and counter ward your *** of or u'll be ganked.

Rapst

11-17-2012

As of right now, I think the champion most of you are overlooking is Jayce. He has a heavy amount of cc at his disposal, and works well in both ranged and close combat. If you face someone who doesn't have any range at all (Udyr, Garen) you'll find that Jayce range simply destroys them. When the champion is more range based, say, cho or teemo, Jayce still beats them with shock blast + acceleration gate.

If you need to get close to him, he can keep you away. if you need to keep him away, he can get close to you. Jayce is my pick for top.

blaze903

11-17-2012

JAx right now cause he is able to carry late game the best out of all the top champions

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

if u want to rofl stomp 1300-1400 get very good at lee sin or play darius no 1 knows how to beat a darius in 1300-1400