Lots of thrown games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pill Popper

12-18-2012

I've dropped from mid 1500's to mid 1200's in a few weeks and it seems that most of my non stomp losses come from game throws. I'm not sure if its just bad luck or is it normal for almost every game to have a throw in it. Most of the time it results in a loss or us barely coming back and winning through a pick off. Now, what I want to know is how can i try and tell my team how to not throw and just to let the advantage widen itself? It seems that every team just wants to try and force fights over and over even if we are losing them. When I try to explain it usually just results in me being a noob and getting reported.

Failethe

12-18-2012

Just want to make a note on this - I started played, got to 1650 elo, then dropped to 1330. I reached 1650 during a weekend and dropped hard during the week. I'm now 1520 elo after another weekend and expect to keep rising. The reason I dropped so hard was because I played poorly and did a piss poor job of carrying games - all related to me being tired from work. So you might consider getting a good nights sleep, pick whatever champ you are good at, and charge forward to victory. Sometimes you lose cause of a failure on your team (someone feeds or DCs), but that evens out over time. The fact is, if you're playing well, you will win more than you lose if you're better than 1200 elo.

PhoenixDog

12-18-2012

It's merely over confidence. I main adc, and when I start going hyper carry, sometimes it goes to my head. Now I'm out of position in team fights or making poor navigation decisions. I think I'm invincible when I'm 10-1-4...But I'm not. And it's cost me before.

Mute Lunatic

12-18-2012

Most even games that aren't some snowballfest end like this. Late game someone gets caught out by the enemy team and dies. Then either you go in to try to help them as they are dieing and lose one by one or you let them get the kill. If you let them get the kill the enemy team realizes its a 4v5 and forces an objective like baron or inhib turret. This forces you to make a decision on whether you should defend that objective 4v5 or let them have it. Neither is ideal, either may ultimately lead to a loss. You will likely notice this scenario more often when you lose because of it.