What is a full tank Amumu build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-17-2012

Title says all!

Chris Spencer

08-17-2012

6 sapphire crystals

TheUnburned

08-17-2012

IMO this is what I like for full tank without any use of his AP scaling. It's designed to make his initiate as powerful as possible.

Items:

Guardian Angel
Randuin's Omen
Merc Treads
Sunfire Cape / Warmog's
Shurelya's Revelrie
Frozen Heart / Banshee's Veil / Force of Nature

Randuin's works well for him because it's the best item in the game for initiating, along with Shurelya's Revelrie.

Frozen Heart and Randuin's sync well.

Mercury's Treads make a great tank item, and help if he's stunned or silenced during his initiate.

Sunfire Cape is great with Amumu's natural positioning to deal some damage to enemy, while the bonus health boost is important for his tankiness. Warmog's makes a better full-tank item if you don't feel that the damage is worth it.

Banshee's Veil can replace Frozen Heart if they're not as AD heavy, because it can stop you from being silenced when you initiate.

Force of Nature also makes a good replacement for Frozen Heart due to the insane MR and the movement speed buff. (I find movement speed to be a more important stat on AP Amu so he can stay in melee range of enemies, which is why I like Boots of Swiftness on AP Amu)

Guardian Angel is always good if you take a lot of damage during the initiate, in case they make the mistake of focusing you down. It's also the reason why you can get away with less Magic Resist in this build, due to the MR boost and the ability to survive burst.

I don't recommend Aegis on Amumu because he's meant to be positioned in the middle of the ENEMY team. Not your team. Which means the Aegis' aura may not be in range of teammates during a fight. He's in a perfect position for debuffs like Frozen Heart and Abyssal Scepter.

Abyssal Scepter is one of the best items on him for AP-Tank Amumu, but I didn't include it because the post said "full tank".

You take Heart of Gold and Philosopher's Stone early for the gold boost, and later build them into Randuin's and Shurelya's Respectively. This not only gives you the strongest initiating power late-game, but also helps your early game farm due to lack of AP.

Runes:

Flat Armor or Magic Pen Marks (typical to take Pen marks on tanks to boost their damage output)
Flat Armor Seals (especially helpful if you're jungling)
MR/Lvl Glyphs (great for late-game)
Movement Speed or Health Quints (your choice, might depend on your preferred build)

Masteries:

0/21/9
Making sure to take as much movement speed, health, and mr as possible, as well as Runic Affinity for his blue buff (important no matter what position/role he's in)

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Warmogs over sunfire for full tank, and take both FH and FoN (skip the GA).

TheUnburned

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
Warmogs over sunfire for full tank, and take both FH and FoN (skip the GA).
Good point, Warmog's is better for a full tank build, but I find the Sunfire Cape to be addicting on a char like Amu :P

iDpark

08-17-2012

I dislike sunfire. it doesn't scale, so get it early if at all. I don't build him complete tank because his skills are better with teensy ap, like Abysmal.
Abysmal+Fon for MR heavy
Abyslam + Randumin for balanced
if they are all ad go GA+ Thorn + Randumin.

Undertaker c2

08-17-2012

I used to play a lot of jungle amumu, always tacky (duh), so here is my two cents..

Masteries go 0/21/9

Runes mpen marks, flat armor seals, scaling mr glyphs, and whatever quints (move speed is good for jungling)

And for gear, your standard full build should be boots, sf cape, abyssal, crystal scepter, and frozen heart. These are fairly mandatory, your sixth item is more situational. Ranaduins is good and builds from a gp10, guardian angel angel is good on full tanks, and force if nature is my preference as it gives mr and mana regeneration, plus movespeed.

I know it isn't "full tank" but it's a waste of his potential to build him that way.

Like I said those core five items are the most important because the make him very tanky without gimping his damage output. but like any character in any situation on any team there isn't one super build. You have to be adaptable. Sometimes your support doesn't build aegis of legion or shureylas and you end up having to.

But yeah, tl;dr:
Mercury's Threads
Sunfire Cape
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Abyssal Scepter
Frozen Heart
Force of Nature

DickJohnson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

no no no
no sunfire cape.
Philo+HoG, >boots,>GA/Warmog,>sell philo up boots>Warmog/GA>Randuins>FoN, 1 space for wards

Undertaker c2

08-17-2012

What's with the sunfire hate? Some one said it doesn't scale, but why argue with 450 hp, armor, and dps that has synergy with his W? Seems legit to me.

DickJohnson

08-17-2012

basically its a matter of cost efficiency, your spending gold on 34dmg a sec ( yeah its OK ) but you will survive a boat load longer with a Warmogs for an extra however much gold it is